Scoobies hunting down monsters

Started by Lyle Duffy, May 22, 2018, 03:10 PM

• we are born in the slumber
  • Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
Things were becoming a little more important now that Lyle got himself mixed up with the Scoobies. See, he wasn't a part of that group but he'd seen them around. He was honestly a little surprised that they were so quick on the uptake. Apparently, there was a good reason people nicknamed them Scoobies--they were some kind of ghost hunting crew. Not that they seemed to fight them... as far as Lyle knew.

Amused by the turn out, Lyle waited in the woods just outside the school. He scanned the area, the light of his flashlight skirting over the school buildings. For a heart stopping second, he could have sworn that he saw a pair of yellow eyes staring at him from the forest but when he quickly brought the light back in that direction... nothing. Huh. Lyle reached up with his free hand and gently rubbed his eye.

Somewhere nearby, he heard the scuffle of shoes on concrete and he swiftly turned the light toward the school. On the path from the back-most classes, he could make out a small male form. Without missing a beat, Lyle called out, "Hey, Sam!"

Sam's head popped up and he shined his own flashlight directly into Lyle's eyes. Letting out a soft hiss, Lyle turned his head away.

"Watch where you're pointing that thing!"

"Sorry." Sam looked up at the fence that separated the school from the woods. "Take my light."

He pushed it through the gap between the chain link fence and the locked gate. Lyle took it and watched Sam clamber over.

"Your girlfriend says she's on the way," Lyle said, just as Sam stuck the landing. In his surprise, it looked like twisted his ankle and he dropped to the ground with a sound of pain.

"Shit!" Lyle immediately dropped down next to Sam. He hadn't meant to hurt the guy--just tease him. "You okay?"

Before Sam could answer, the sound of voices emerged from the school and they both looked over, alert.

Iris Jones

Isis had met up with Jae Ryong and they were meeting up with Sam and Lyle. Lyle isn't part of the gang she took it upon herself to meet him he as asking for help why else would he be online talking about it. Hazelton is a small town with a lot of secrets and Iris and her friends wanted to help give the town some answers. Her ability came to her when she was young and it was pretty scary talking to the dead, seeing things no one else could. But her parents helped her to learn how to control her ability to take control. She has come a long way.

They wouldn't approve of what she did, that's if they didn't already know. Embracing her power was the best thing that she ever did and Sam was by her side the whole time bringing her back. Jae Ryong is older and so is Lyle but they all go to the same school, Iris will be turning 15 soon here and her parents have a party planned==sound like fun~ The so call Scoobies are an awesome group the offers the best, Jae Ryong, Sam, and Iris look into the monsters the come out at night the ones their parents would tell them about when they where children to scare them to behave were real and taking over this very town.

Souls were snatched, vampires taking over, and now the wolves, she couldn't help but wonder if they were all related or not. Iris and Jae Ryong come up the school when she heard it, the sound of Sam falling and his pain. "Sam!" she yelled. Iris ran up to the fence and grabbed the chain with her fingers wrapping around it, concern filled her face. "Are you okay." They were on the other side of the fence. He was on the ground and Lyle was next to him. "What happened?" she asked.

Gok Jae Ryong

They were out and about, looking into some new happenings around town again-- the Scooby crew. He found it cute and maybe a little embarrassing being part of a group with that sort of name, but they were kind of like the Scooby-Doo gang! Maybe they didn't hunt ghosts, but investigating all the mysterious stuff that went on around town had to count for something, no?

Jae Ryong thought so.

After Iris picked him up, they both headed to meet with Sam and that other kid, Lyle. He had an average amount of friends, but the ones his age always seemed confused or to judge him somewhat for hanging around with kids younger than them, as if seventeen and fourteen or whatever were such big differences. Whatever! He didn't need to sit with the cool kids... or... how that went...

"Oh!" spotting Sam on the ground, Jae Ryong rushed to the fence, next to Iris, while trying to see why Sam was on the ground. "Did you get hurt??"

Were they starting off on a bad foot already?

"I'm okay, I'm okay," Sam said, waving off the sudden current of concern directed at him. If anything, he was embarrassed to be caught tripping like a total idiot. Worse and more embarrassing things happened before but usually not in front of so many people. All three of them were looking at him with their worry all over their faces so Sam forced himself to stand up. Gritting his teeth, he said it again: "I'm okay!"

His ankle did hurt but as he gingerly tested his weight against it, it didn't send him falling back down or screaming in uncontrollable pain. It just hurt. To his eternal embarrassment, Lyle, who was still on the ground, lifted his pants leg to check. Sam didn't need the guy feeling up his leg, okay?!

"It's really okay!" Sam insisted as Lyle prodded it carefully. Lyle looked at him, then the others and gave them a thumbs up sign.

"At the very least, it's not broken," Lyle said, looking all suave and smart. Sam unconsciously stepped into Iris' line of vision.

"So you're finally here! What took you guys so long?" He looked over at Jae, too, giving him a little welcoming wave.

Iris Jones

She was a little panicked seeing her best friend on the ground but he said he was fine and he was fine he was up on his feet again. Then she was being questioned. "Well first off, I had to wait for my parents to go to sleep then sneak out. And second I met up with Jae. I can't believe both of you didn't offer to walk me." She crossed her arms, with all this going on they were going to let her walk all alone? She raised her brow then looked at Jea Ryong he was a big goofball that was going to scare off any wolfs while she ran.

Iris then turned her attention to Lyle the reason they were all there right now. "So what do you have for us?" There was no reason to let the weirdness interfere, her and Sam would talk later alone, they didn't need an audience. Tension lingers a little. Iris intentionally turned her attention to Lyle she did wont to give him an opening to talk about it. They were there to get info on the recent attacks. Not talk about schoolyard gossip.

Gok Jae Ryong

Oh. Right. Yeah. That was exactly why he didn't say no to coming with her. He didn't want her walking alone.

To be honest, the thought never crossed Jae Ryong's mind. He wasn't about to let Iris know that, since he did end up walking with her by deciding to join the little investigation. He did mumble "Jae Ryong." as way of correcting her, although he knew every time he did, that she wouldn't listen just to annoy him.

"Right... Yeah you shouldn't walk alone." he added when she looked up at him.

Iris explained why they were late, so the only unanswered question right now was the reason they were all here. The wolves.

Directing the question at Lyle, he leaned his weight onto one leg. "And how did you even find out something?"

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"You could have asked," Lyle said in return to the scolding that he hadn't offered to walk her here. Honestly, he was surprised Sam hadn't taken that opportunity the second it presented itself. He was close to her, he knew where she lived, and they were best friends, right? That was the boring part, though. Lyle wanted to get to the meat of his discovery.

"Well," he said with a secretive little smile, "while you guys were on your way, I found one."

Was that enough for them? He felt pretty triumphant in getting this far; he'd come out to the woods to find something and he'd found something. The only thing was now they needed to go back further into the woods to see what Lyle meant.

Iris Jones

Iris was done with these boys they were just that boys and they just wanted to hunt things, she was the brains of most of there investigations. She heard Jae Ryong but didn't correct herself, they all did it too him and same at scall would call him JJ or Jay he would get heated and she would laugh.

"I'm just messing with you guys is all," He waved her wrist lightly. She was a tough girl and she could stand her own she was just making it a point to get to Sam.

"WHAT?" She squealed with excitement and fear. What were they going to do with it? Call her father? "I could kiss you Lyle, is it under a spell? or in a trap?" Iris rushed to Lyle's side and grabbed his arm. Any other time it would be Sam but she couldn't right now, not what with what was going on. She couldn't just act like all was okay.

They had their strengths but they were still kids so she had her concerns going into this.

Gok Jae Ryong

The only people Jae Ryong would let get away with calling him those stupid nicknames were this group. For some reason, he was annoyed, but the discomfort and-- honestly-- sometimes hurt that went along with it when others did wasn't there. Maybe it was because they were teasing, while the people at school who called him nicknames were genuinely trying to hurt him. He was still mildly annoyed, and glared at Iris for ignoring him. Hmph!

"Found 'one'? One what? Wolf??" Did Lyle catch a werewolf or something? Is that what he was talking about? Jae Ryong stared at Lyle, filled with curiosity.

"Will it attack us, you think?" He still didn't know what exactly Lyle found, but a flood of questions crossed his mind.

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
Lyle laughed, gaze warming as Iris grasped his arm and squealed.

"Well, you could," but mostly to tease Sam, who looked less enthused about Lyle's discovery. (Or Iris being touchy-feely with somebody else.) Lyle didn't want to get into some kind of drama, though, so he only lightly touched Iris' arm before smiling and gesturing for her to follow him.

"But we have better things to do!" he declared. "Like talk to this wolf." He turned to Jae Ryong. "And yes, it's a wolf. Werewolf, though. I'll tell you how I know when we get there. Or I'll show you, I guess. Come on, come on!"

He urged them to follow him into the forest.

Sam scowled and hung back, trying to grasp Iris' elbow. "I can't move that fast right now. Do you mind helping me?"

Iris Jones

Iris slapped his chest and let go of his arm with a smirk on her face. She knew what he was doing. They had a little moment and yeah they all saw it but it was a played out moment to get to Sam. Iris didn't even know why she was letting Lyle get between her and Sam. They have a great friendship and things were all weird now cause of him.

Why was he trying to impress him? and why him of all people she didn't like him. She let Lyle lead Jae Ryong to the wolf and hung back with Sam. He was her best friend and she had a heart but she was still a little upset and didn't even know how to talk about it with him.  She wrapped her arm under his to help take some of the weight of his ankle.

"Why are you getting hurt? Hmm?" 

Gok Jae Ryong

Jae Ryong glanced back once at Sam's ankle, but he let Iris hang back with him by herself. Sam probably didn't want that much attention if his foot really was hurt.

"Okay, you better!" Jae Ryong frowned, "How'd you even find a werewolf?" It sounded like something dangerous to happen to run into, or maybe not if the wolf wasn't a feral. Regardless, he was the cautious type when he could manage to focus and didn't know what to expect.

"I didn't do it on purpose!" But he was relieved that Iris stayed behind to help him out. It was getting to him, the weird way Iris was acting, the questions, and that weird knowing look on Lyle's face. Sam was really starting to not like him--and he barely knew him. Sam sighed and rested against Iris, but not too much. He didn't want to end up forcing her to carry him. Or worse, falling again because she couldn't hold him upright.

Meanwhile, up ahead, he heard Jae asking Lyle how he found a werewolf, which was a very good question. Yeah, how did he find one? Was he one himself??

"Magic," was Lyle's reply and Sam let out a half laugh, not really believing him.

Iris Jones

"I know Sam I'm just giving you a hard time. You need to be nice to Lyle, He's helping us." She and Sam have a closeness one that she didn't have with anyone else, She knew she could tell him everything, except how she really feels about him or the way he feels for her. She could see it but she didn't feel the same way. And sadly she had to talk to someone else about him that was the one thing that was left unspoken about.

That was up until now. She felt like she had done something wrong talking to Lyle now, it was a mistake she could see Sam didn't like him. But they were there now and it was happening. Her staying back was her way of telling him it's okay, she forgives him, and he's still her best friend. She thought it would be kinda weird if there were no rumors about it, god, they have been friends forever they did everything together. when they were small their parents would joke about them getting married one day.

Sam might but Iris was doing Iris right now and if Sam was any kind of best friend he would support her.

Sam's laugh was expected and she wasn't impressed at all. She rolled her eyes at him. "What? You don't believe him?"

Gok Jae Ryong

This time he didn't look back at Sam, despite hearing his laugh. Well, why was that such a laughable thing for Lyle to say? Jae Ryong felt more curious by the simple, one word response.

"... What do you mean," he paused, wondering, "did you find a werewolf and trap it with magic?" He looked ahead, wondering how far away they were from this find of Lyle's. If he just captured a werewolf minding its business, Jae Ryong might feel bad for them.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D