Scoobies hunting down monsters

Started by Lyle Duffy, May 22, 2018, 03:10 PM

"Is he, though?" Sam asked, a sullen expression crossing his face as he looked over at too-confident, too-comfortable Lyle Duffy. He seemed way too well adjusted for a kid around their age. Way too practical, and he acted like he knew everything. Right now, he was acting like their defacto leader and Sam never had a say in voting for him.

Plus, Iris really seemed to like him, which rubbed a raw nerve in Sam. He knew it was dumb and irrational but he couldn't help feeling it--like Lyle was cooler than him and he was going to somehow drag Iris away from him. Or take all her attention and leave him abandoned and left behind. Sam didn't have a whole lot of friends outside Iris, even though she knew a lot of people.

"I don't know," Sam said, uncomfortably shrugging a shoulder. He didn't know what he believed about magic. There was the stuff with Iris, yeah. But now Lyle was Mr. Special, too? It seemed too perfect. Lyle was probably being a show off, that was all!

"I didn't trap it," Lyle said. "I'm tracking it."

Iris Jones

"And what is his evil intention with us, Sam?" She said his name dramatically and sideways looked at him. She could tell he was a little jealous she didn't know what to say or if she could even say anything to make it better. Actions speak louder than words. She is the one that led two of her friends into imminent danger.

Their friendship wasn't in any danger but he was getting all defensive and that pushed Iris away more. The more Sam tried to control her the more she wanted to pull away. They once were in a better place and this worried Iris, she wondered what was to come of her and Sam as they got older. When they started dating would they forget about each other or would they be the same unseparated and just like now? If so why was this happening now? Why was their friendship being tested?

Iris spoke up, "So how do we know it's alone and that it won't attack us, Lyle?"

Gok Jae Ryong

"... That doesn't sound like a good idea," he fiddled with the long sleeves of his shirt, frowning, "Iris is right. And they might not be happy about being tracked... even if they're alone."

Jae Ryong glanced back at Sam and Iris. There was his own magic if the wolf atacked them and he had no idea of Lyle's capabilities and everything, but this was still sounding more and more like a stupid idea.

"Even if it doesn't attack us, how'll we question a werewolf?"

• we are born in the slumber
  • Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"It's alone," Lyle said with certainty. He could feel it, connected to him like he held an invisible piece of wire. It was there, quietly hiding away in the forest. It was on its own, he knew that much. But he didn't know if it was dangerous. Personally, he wasn't afraid of it but he could tell all three of the others were so he stopped walking and turned to face them.

"Didn't you guys want to do this? If you're changing your mind, I can go on my own."

It was an offer to let them off the hook without judging them. Really, he wasn't. If they were scared, they were scared. But he wanted to ask the werewolf what happened. Maybe there was more to the story than they knew.

Iris Jones

"I believe you otherwise I wouldn't be here. No way in hell I am leaving until we get a few questions answered." She was determined to find out what was going on. The people in their town needed to know and have some peace of mind.

They seemed to be getting close they started to slow down. Iris was still helping Sam walk they were slower than Jae Ryong and Lyle. They all wanted the same thing answered and they were determined to get them. There was a noise that came from the distance she was sure it was the wolf who else would be out here? Her heart pounding as they walked towards the danger that lay ahead of them.

She turned to Lyle for instruction, maybe if they circled the wolf in? She was an independent girl so she didn't need them to help her she just wanted to know if they had a plan. She motioned a circle with one hand and mouthed the words "circle it in?" That's when they closed in on it, the two magic boys needed to work their magic.

Gok Jae Ryong

"I'm being cautious! That's all." Jae Ryong didn't think he came off sounding like he wanted to back out now, but maybe it seemed that way to Lyle.

He heard something and looked in the direction the sound came from. What was that? Could it have been the wolf?

Jae Ryong followed along with what the others were doing, still kind of worried about Sam's ankle as well. He had his magic, but he didn't know what he could do without hurting the wolf so he glanced over at Iris again, brow furrowed.

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"All right then, let's find it, then."

Lyle started forward, before the strange sound stopped him. He looked over his shoulder at the others. Sam looked pale as he leaned against a tree and shook his head.

"I think I'm going to stay here and wait for you guys. I'm only going to slow you down."

But that wasn't in the cards, it seemed, because the wolf that had been quietly biding its time in the woods was now moving toward them. Lyle quickly pressed a finger to his lips and turned toward where the wolf was coming from. And it came out of the woods, head low, eyes darting about in suspicion--and blood still on its chin and ruff.

Iris Jones

Iris helped Sam find a safe place to wait for them while they investigated, "Call for help if something goes wrong." She said in a serious tone before she hugged him and followed the others but before they could get very far the wolf was there before them a bloody mess.

She stood behind both the magic boys Lyle said he had a connection with this wolf so maybe that was why it didn't attack right away. It was breathing heavy and the fur on the back of it kneck was standing up. In an attempt to clam it down, she told it they were unarmed, "We just want to talk are you okay?" She held her hands up and looked at the others to do the same. It could be sick or hurt and when animals were hurt they seemed to me in defense mode.

Gok Jae Ryong

It was a good idea for Sam to hang back. Their chance to approach the wolf first went out the window, however, as it stepped into sight and began closing the distance between them. The glint of red coming from its fur scared Jae Ryong.

Now, now he was scared.

Swallowing, he paled but didn't step back. He couldn't just up and run without his friends. And besides, he was still curious.

With its hackles raised, the wolf growled deeply in response to Iris. Jae Ryong glanced sideways at Lyle, wondering what his plan was now that they were faced with this situation. He was glad Iris was behind them, since he wasn't so sure what her stick arms could do if it decided to lunge.

Following Iris' action, he raised his hands to show they were empty. "... Are you hurt?" The wolf was glaring aggressively as ever. They would be lucky if it wasn't a feral ready to lunge... Which it hadn't-- yet.

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"...doesn't look hurt," Lyle said, since the blood was dripping from its chin. It looked an awful lot like it had attacked something already. Where? Lyle slowly moved around the others and tried to peer beyond the wolf, to where it had come from. After a few more steps, he could see it. There was another wolf, half ripped open, eyes open but glassy and dead. Lyle swallowed hard. Well, if he had to admit anything right now, it was the fact that he hadn't actually expected to find this wolf dangerous.

"Guys, that's another wolf it's..." Defending? Not likely; it looked a lot like the wolf had attacked it...

Iris Jones

"What do we do? There are more of us than him so we should be able to defeat it right? Can one of you use your magic to knock him out?" She whispered not wanting it to hear her. She really wanted to not be here right now she was scared this wolf just killed another wolf so she was sure some thin kids would be a breeze. Iris was trying to give the wolf the benefit of the doubt but Lyle was seeing the truth of what was going on.

"Did any of us bring a weapon?" The wolf growled and jumped forward at them Isis jumped back and fell on her back.

Gok Jae Ryong

Okay, Lyle was probably right. It was staring at them so fiercely, Jae Ryong couldn't take his eyes off the wolf for more than a second. He did notice the spots where it was covered in blood didn't exactly look like injuries.

"I think we're getting into more than bargained for." he said slowly, disliking the situation more and more as time went on. What would they do after knocking it out, if that was even possible for four kids? He didn't want to hurt it with his fire either, despite it likely having attacked that other wolf itself.

Reflexively at the sudden movement, Jae Ryong raised his hands as if to block an attack, but fire appeared and snaked around back and forth in front of them anyway, in the space between the wolf and their little party.

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"...maybe," Lyle said, licking his lips as he kept his gaze locked on the wolf. Yeah, maybe he could use some kind of spell. He was new to it and stuff but it didn't mean he couldn't use a spell in a pinch. Lyle also wasn't the type to lose his head and panic in a situation like this so while everything was going on, his mind was working on the solving part of the problem.

Then the wolf lunged and Lyle grabbed onto Iris and Jae Ryong conjured some kind of fire shield. Looked like for the moment, Lyle didn't need to cast anything. The wolf snarled and edged back, away from them but it didn't look too happy about any of this.

"Wait. My mom taught me something for this," Lyle said as the wolf looked around, clearly trying to find a way past the fire. Or maybe out of the area. Lyle really couldn't tell. It was already weird enough it killed one of its own. Lyle continued to maintain eye contact with the wolf and then he mouthed the words to the lullaby--a sleeping spell, actually--to the wolf. When it didn't immediately work, he began to whisper it, then slightly raised his voice. The wolf's ear twitched but after a moment, its eyes seemed to be growing heavier.

Although the wolf fought it, it eventually succumbed. It dropped onto its side, asleep.

Iris Jones

Lyle stopped Iris from when he grabbed her as she fell. Wha ever the two did it saved them and Iris was made her way back to Sam. And they watched as Lyle did a sleeping spell as Jea Ryong held help up the fire shield. She saw the wolf eyeing her and Sam like they would be its next attack, thank god Lyle was able to knock it out.

Once the wolf was out she helped Sam over to the other so they could check out the wolves and maybe id them. "You two are a good team good job back there." She put her hand out for hi five's from them. She felt like a burden this time around she felt so stupid for falling like a girl and not being one of the guys. She didn't want them to know this so she kept it to herself. Sam is her best friend so he would see it but not call her out on it and if he helped her through it this time was up to him, seeing that they were just in a disagreement and not on such good terms after the couple talk before all this.

"So let's collect all the evidence we need and call the authorities. We need to cover out tracks we don't need to be tracked back to this."Iris' father works in the law enforcement so she know's all the do's and don'ts

Gok Jae Ryong

If he had magic less destructive than fire, no doubt Jae Ryong would have called it forth instead. He was glad it kept the wolf at bay for now anyway. What next though, without scorching the wolf's fur off?

Lyle told them to wait, so Jae Ryong watched what he was doing. His fire didn't change, in case the wolf chose to leap at them again while he switched magic. The shield would hold it off long enough to keep them protected. Even after it fell onto its side, he waited a moment before dispelling the fire.

Jae Ryong smiled, high-fiving Iris although it felt kind of silly. Of course he did it regardless.

"What kinda evidence would be useful?"

"And actually, how long will the spell last?" he addressed Lyle.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D