Scoobies hunting down monsters

Started by Lyle Duffy, May 22, 2018, 03:10 PM

• we are born in the slumber
  • Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"All right, all right."

He tossed the jacket toward her and turned away as she asked him to. Well, more like ordered him to. He only glanced back when she spoke again. Shorts. Something underneath the jacket. Right. Made sense. He looked down at himself, in his sensible pair of jeans. At least underneath his jeans he had a pair of boxers on. Lyle didn't make it a habit to run around girls with just boxers on but... it was better to be the one in boxers than nothing at all.

"I'll lend you my pants," he said after a moment. He didn't turn around--not being a shy one--and he unbuttoned and pulled the jeans off before holding them out to her. "They'll probably be too big but it's something. I'll find you something better when I go back to get you some food. Deal?"

Tsukiko Lawson

She averted her eyes when he said he would lend his pants to her. "Clothes are clothes, even if they're too big," she grumbled before closing the door to put the jeans on in privacy. "Do you make it a habit of kidnapping girls, or --" But before she could finish she had cut herself off. "I'm sorry, you gave me your jacket and pants." She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair. "It's just not every day you wake up in a stranger's barn." Although she was still mad, she didn't want to do anything that would make him leave; she had no idea where she was. "If you want to." She shrugged. "I feel a tiny bit better having something to cover me. It doesn't have to fit perfectly."

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
It was kinda weird, standing there in the barn with a girl that had a pretty voice and shadow (he couldn't see her that well in the darkness) while he was in nothing but an undershirt and skivvies. If his parents caught him sneaking back in like this, they were definitely going to think he was being a weirdo. Or worse, a creep. He promised he wasn't a creep but the only way to do that was to show her so.

Lyle scuffled the heels of his boots against the hard-packed dirt as he turned away from her door. There were no pockets to stick his hands into now so he just sort of let them dangle at his sides. Then he lifted one hand to tousle his hair, trying to make sure it had that just tousled look that some guys pulled off effortlessly.

"I don't," he started, then stopped himself, turning his head slightly around. "I've never kidnapped a girl before. Or like, anybody, actually. I just thought you weren't safe up there. I promise you'll be safer here."

Tsukiko Lawson

Tsukiko listened, not speaking until she was certain he had finished. "I can take care of myself, and if you don't take any risks, you might as well be dead." Before she stepped out into his line of sight, she zipped the jacket all the way up, and made sure the jeans were buttoned up. "I need to get back there; this town is more messed up than you could know." She walked around him, looking out at miles of farm land. Eventually she started to walk forward. Even if it was the wrong way, she'd eventually find her way back.

She stopped and turned around to face him. "Someone's missing, I have to find them, before... if it's not already to late. There's more than werewolves in this town." Her eyes narrowed, suspicious. "...But you knew that? You were so calm." She straightened up, trying to be intimidating. That was easier said than down when she was shorter than someone.

((Sorry for the wait!))

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"Yeah, but..."

The more risks she took, the more she was running toward death, wasn't she? There were a lot of issues that came with living in a place like this and especially if she was a wolf. A feral wolf, at that... Lyle watched her for a moment, expression impassive but ruminating over his choices. He wasn't going to lie to her or keep her against her will. All he'd done for her just now was to help. If she figured going out alone right now was the right thing to do... He couldn't stop her. Or he wouldn't; that wasn't his nature.

Lyle watched her, eyes glued to her as she walked about in a circle and then decided on a direction, marching off as if she knew exactly where she was going. For a moment, Lyle still watched, then he finally shook his head out and started to follow her.

"Believe me, I know how messed up this town is, okay?" Somebody's missing? He furrowed his brow and started to speak but now she was staring back at him like she thought he was part of some conspiracy. Slowly, Lyle put up both hands to show he was being peaceable.

"Yeah, I know. But," he said, lowering his hands. "You're looking for someone? Who is it? Maybe I can help."

(I'm going to close this thread as finished but I think when you're ready, we can fast forward a little to them looking for her person. Yes? Feel free to PM me.)

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D