D

Digging rabbit holes

Started by Daven Boontham, Apr 01, 2018, 08:21 PM

• What even is a life savings?
  • King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"Who says you gotta be a rabbit?" Savas asked. They had other bodies, although Savas fully intended to use his coyote form if he had to. That would be his last ditch effort, however. The last time he encountered the wolves, he had been in coyote form and it hadn't been enough to simply sink his teeth into a wolf throat. Sure, it hurt him and it drew blood but Savas knew the bastard was still out there, somewhere. But at least Savas had the satisfaction of knowing that he had injured him!

"We'll get weapons. Plenty of people around here have them. We'll sneak in and steal them."

It wasn't like Savas had much better options. The idea of property to him was a bit... wavy. Sure, the things he owned were his and marked that way. But when it came to humans and their things? It was all free game. If they needed something that the humans had, they didn't have to get jobs and pay for them. They could just take them and use them. The humans weren't using them properly anyway.

Daven Boontham

"I don't want to be seen," He put both hands on either cheek. "I will need a mask or something. And are we like doing this now? Like are we getting the weapons now?" He snarled his lip in surprise he hadn't really put much thought into answering Savas there were a lot of technical stuff that could tie them to killing them but in his mind, he felt like the town would thank them for there service. But on the other hand, he was sure they had family and they would be hurting like him if he did kill them. This was hard how was Saves so chill with it?

Daven knew stealing was wrong and there where consequence but he was no longer living in reality, he was in this fantasy world getting ravaging for his and Savas' family. He was doing good he was a vigilante, like TMNT's Raphael. 

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"Yeah," he said, as if it was obvious--and the only possible answer. Yes, they were doing this now. Savas didn't wait around; they had to sneak into some human's place and grab what they needed to go hunt those bastard wolves down. The sooner, the better. Savas wasn't a subscriber to the belief that revenge was best served cold. In fact, he thought it was better to get it out of the way quickly. Every day that passed was another day those assholes got to continue breathing while his parents were nothing but dismembered corpses.

"Why? You chickening out now?"

Daven Boontham

"No!" His voice cracked as he protested Savas' assumption he wasn't chickening out he just didn't realize they were going like now, now and he just wanted to confirm it. It was now confirmed, "So do you know who we are looking for?"

They were coming up on a cabin hidden in the woods and he was sure they were about to break in and steal whatever weapons they had. Daven thought maybe a gun would suit him he wouldn't have to get to close to do the deen and one shot to the head that would do it in any form. He had never shot a gun before but it couldn't be too hard. Maybe shoot a few rounds to get a feel for it?

"I want a gun." He popped off, he was thinking it over while they walked.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"Yeah, one of them was white."

He glanced over at Daven, hoping he understood the meaning behind that. White wolves were rare enough but in this area? They were nearly unheard of. Savas remembered the white one precisely because of his unusual color. Now all he had to do was track that white wolf down and he didn't imagine that part would be hard. If they got a witch in on their business, even better. They could force wolves to transform.

Savas blinked, then actually stopped in his tracks.

"A gun?"

Daven Boontham

"How many did you see? Just the one white one? I don't think I've ever seen a white wolf." Daven tried to think if he knew any wolf shifters that might know anything about a white wolf. He wondered if Saves knew where the wolf would be or if they were just aimlessly wondering. He kinda felt like they were aimlessly wondering but this was Savas' idea he was just following him.

"Yeah, a gun, look at me man, what help am I to you without a gun." He laughed to himself for thinking this but he had to share. "Maybe get some silver bullets." He snickered and covered his mouth knowing it was a bad joke. Savas was weird like really weird. Did he even get the reference? Did they not joke in the wild.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"I don't know. It looked like a couple, though. Two or three? But I remember that white one. I think it was in charge."

Savas gave Daven a quick once-over. Yeah, a gun, he said. Well, it might have sounded funny--a rabbit with a gun. But actually, Daven had a point. Without a weapon, he was pretty much useless as a sidekick to Savas' revenge plot. Letting out an irritated breath, he crossed his arms and stood in the midst of a copse of trees.

"Yeah, you got a point. Where can we get one?"

Daven Boontham

"Ohhhhh," Daven nodded, "I see the white one was leading this killing spree." He tried to act like Sam from Supernatural, he loved that show. He wasn't much of a sidekick but he would give it his all. He would give his life for Savas, he really had nothing to live for, Savas, on the other hand, had his siblings to look after.

The more they talked about what they were doing the more Daven became comfortable with it and playing into the idea that they were going to kill the bastards that killed their family. He thought of where they could get a gun, they could head to town and hit up the gun shop break intake what they need and go. Daven didn't plan on coming out alive so robbing a gun store was the least of his worries.

"Let's go to the gun shop when they close we will break in." He said his bad guy voice.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
Savas grinned at Daven's sudden turn around. At first, he seemed like a meek, overly emotional little rabbit but now he was talking more like a rangy coyote. That was more Savas' speed. His grin grew even more at the tone of Daven's voice. Cute. It was cute coming out of a rabbit. Like he would have with his siblings, Savas reached out and ruffled Daven's hair almost affectionately.

"I know just where to go."

He led the way with confidence. They moved up along a path that led out of the woods and into the town of Hazleton. There was a long stretch called downtown or center street, where a good deal of the most used shops in town were located. Amongst those was the gun shop, which looked pretty busy by the time they crept out of the woods. Savas settled for sitting at an outdoor cafe table across the street and he gestured for Daven to sit with him at the unoccupied table.

Just as he was about to open his mouth and start planning details, a woman came out of the cafe.

"Hello. How can I help you two?"

Daven Boontham

They were both grinning now as they talked about what they were going to do this was now becoming a reality for Daven, just a few moments ago Daven questioned if he was really doing this. He threw all doubt aside and was willing to give up everything to avenge his family as well as Saves'.

Once they reached the town it didn't seem like things were going as planned. Saves motioned for them to sit so he sat but once a waitress came up Daven scowled at her, "Two black coffees." He looked away without thanking her. He was now a bad boy. No more please and thank yous from him. He was a boy on a mission.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"You got... money?" Savas asked, because he sure didn't. Money was a human thing and the shifters who colonized in the woods weren't in the habit of using it. If they needed something from a human, they could just steal it, same way they were doing with the guns. Then he smiled to himself. Maybe Daven didn't intend to pay for the drinks, either. What could the woman do against them, anyway? Savas could just bite her if she tried to threaten them. And he was sure a coyote and a rabbit could outrun their silly human police.

"Never mind." He shook his head and waited for the drinks while he stared across the street.

"It should be easy to get in through the back."

Daven Boontham

"Yeah," Daven laughed man Savas was really bad at being human, it made him laugh that he worried about if he had money or not, He had a job and made money so that didn't even cross his mind when he ordered.
It seemed he realized it was a silly question so Daven dropped it.

"Yeah, and we should be able to make a quick getaway right down Main Street to the outskirts of town." He just finished saying that as the waitress walked up with two black coffees. "That will be $6.50," And she held his hand out. Daven snarled at her. "You don't have to be rude." He took a five out and two ones. "Keep the change." The waitress rollered her eyes and tried to bite her tongue. With a shitty smile, "Thanks." she said sarcastically. It was better than nothing but he was the one being rude and then had the nerve to call her rude?"

Once she walked away Daven looked back at the gun shop, "Why can't they just close so we can get this done. I am about to jump out of my skin." He downed the whole cup of coffee thinking it would help but it would only make him hyper. He tapped his foot as he waited.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
Savas' gaze roved over the woman's form. She was pretty but she had a real biting attitude. Still, he winked at her as she stormed off. He couldn't tell if she liked it or not. If she did, she certainly didn't show it. Letting out a sigh and resting against the uncomfortable metal back of the patio chair, Savas reached for his pure black coffee. Not really an aficionado of human treats, he gave it a suspicious sniff. After sneezing, he made a face and then took a hesitant sip.

"... yuck," he said. "It's so bitter. How did you drink it so fast?"

He, too, looked over at the gun shop and wished it was already closed. Part of him wanted to claim that they could go for it anyway but the less they involved others--especially humans--the better.

"It'll be closed soon," he said, looking to the sky. "It's going to get dark and that's when humans close most things."

Daven Boontham

"It's an acquired taste, most people add sugar and milk to it, you want some?" There was sugar on the table but he would have to ask for milk. "I mean I did just pay $3.25 for it." He tried to guilt Savas into drinking it, he needed to try new things he was weird. Small towns could get away with overcharging cause that had to pay up if they wanted it. It sucks balls.

"I know it will be I'm just getting antsy. I feel like maybe we should go do something to kill the time you know?"

It's was going to be dark soon but they had to wait for them to close up shop and that could take awhile with counting the register. Maybe he could take Saves to his place, The could chill out for a bit while they close and Daven could find the disguises. Maybe have a drink to calm him from the coffee.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"No," he said immediately. Although Daven didn't say it in a way that challenged his masculinity, he still felt like it was some kind of question of it. If he couldn't drink what Daven could drink, then he was somehow inferior. It was a stupid way to think but he couldn't help it; a big part of Savas was most definitely competitive. Because of that, he drank more of it. That and the fact that Daven paid for it. Not that his dollar amount meant much to Savas but still. The guy bought him something. The least Savas could do was drink it, even if it tasted like dirty sludge water.

Setting the coffee down after he drained it in a moment, he looked over at Daven. Then he cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh? Like what?"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D