Y

Building up what was broken.

Started by Yu Daejun, May 07, 2020, 02:02 PM

Yu Daejun

Life was a rush right now for Daejun it seemed like so many things were happening all at once. With his driving school and his secret lover. It had been a while since he had seen Jay. It seemed like a good time to go visit seeing how his shop was closed due to the fire. The studio was also Jay and Jun Yong's home.

The studio was being repaired and Deajun just felt like reaching out to his good friend. Jay happened to save Noah's ass, back when his crazy ex poisoned him. Trapping Noah as a bat. He wanted to repay Jay. He asked him to meet him for lunch it was Deajuns treat.

Pulling into the parking lot he shot Jay a quick text that he was there.

Just got here, want me to get a table?

He looked around the parking lot to see if Jay was already there. It was noon and it was warming up sooner this time of year. Deajun got out of his car not wanting to get all sweaty.

"Oh, my gohd it's so freaking hot," Deajun said fanning his face.

@Jay Lee @Caesura

@Noah Kwon @Trash Bat

Jay Lee

If ever Jay was thankful for his family's affluence, it was now, and the past few months, dealing with repairs on the store. Those were moving smoothly, but there was no way they could repair the paintings damaged in the blazing fire. That hurt more than an amount of money they had to put into fixing the damage. The paintings and drawings that went up in flames could never be replicated.

They'd do the best they could with the mural on the side as well, which could be salvaged or... redone entirely in the worst case. The pieces in the store were more pressing.

Jay had accepted the offer for lunch, since he might as well see his friend and in case Daejun felt bad for any reason and thought this would count as repayment. He wondered about that friend as well, the one whom he gave his charm from Jun Yong to. Jay had another one now, a wire wrapped rainbow obsidian sphere. The subtle inner colors appeared to swirl slowly when light touched it.

The other one was still in his chest-- at home now-- namely because when Junie first made it he wasn't skilled at hiding the magic, and one that powerful would be sensed by... a lot of magic users.

'Just arrived as well' Jay texted back, and upon spotting Daejun, waved before strolling over to him. "It's been way too long," he grinned.

(Ex.)

Yu Daejun

"It's been way too long." if anything Daejun felt like it was his fault it had been so long. He had been with Roy a lot these days. Dating took him away from his friends and he was trying to make up for it. "But here we are now, I'm thrilled you could make it. I'm not sure about Noah."

The same went for Noah, Deajun was in love and his attention was on being an amazing partner. Making their way in Deajun couldn't wait to catch up. "Tell me how you and Jun Yong are doing?"

It was crazy how fast you could lose all you have so fast not just by fire. He couldn't imagine what Jay was going through. Not knowing what he could do for his dear friend in his time of need. He felt a little selfish this should have happened sooner.

Jay Lee

"Guess we'll see with him." If Daejun's friend made it they'd at least have another person to talk with. Jay only met him once, and it wasn't exactly an ideal situation.

Maybe he'd be uncomfortable, after he was stuck standing naked in a stranger's studio, albeit only for a moment.

Jay tapped his fingers against the table they sat at. "As good as we can be, I guess. Think I'm faring better than Jun Yong, but that's not surprising to me." he smiled wryly, almost to himself.

That person who started the fire, Junie said he recognized him from back then. Targeting the shop was probably some warning then, unless Junie met him again recently and didn't say anything...

"Repairs have been going fine, however, I'd... stay away from the shop for a bit." Those hunters were bad, bad news, especially for wildlings. If his friend and his pal could avoid them, he'd keep it that way.

@Trash Bat (If you want Noah in before they get too deep into their conversation.)

• who says we die before we live
  • Queen
  • 117 posts
  • Battsy
  • 5'10"
Shit, shit, shit, he was late. Why was he always so late? He kept checking the time on his phone and it didn't get any unlater (shhh, it was a word). Noah didn't have anything as luxurious as a car of his own so he had to get by on a combination of the shitty small town bus system and his own two feet. As much as Noah loved being a bat, he was maybe a little traumatized after the last time he'd been changed into one...

At least downtown--even the old portion of it--was an easy place to get to. Even the shitty bus system went there.

Noah practically flew off the bus when it stopped and he nearly tripped on his way out. Somehow, he managed to stay on his feet, even though it earned him a sarcastic slow clap and a lazy grin from a cute guy nearby. Noah flushed red and raised his head and his body from where he'd nearly landed on one knee when he'd made his hasty exit from the vehicle. AT LEAST he didn't fall. That was all he could think as he passed the stranger and entered the place they had agreed to meet for lunch.

It didn't take him long to find Daejun and Jay, the guy that... rescued him. Yeah... that whole thing, he hoped they could sweep under the rug.

"Hey!" he greeted the two cheerfully as he took a seat in an empty spot and tried not to look as windswept as he felt. Not that there was a lot of wind out there--just Noah and his breakneck speed. Still, he did oh-so-casually run a hand over his hair to make sure it wasn't sticking straight up.

"Sorry I'm late. What'd I miss?"

Yu Daejun

"You didn't miss much, we haven't been here too long." Deajun looks to Jay for reassurance for Noah. "We haven't even ordered drinks yet." He grinned at Noah as a server walked up. Oh, it was good seeing both his friends after so long.

He was itching to tell them all about his secret boyfriend, he would never reveal his name to them. But he was interested in hearing how his friends were doing.

Most times Daejun would do all the talking and others would listen a lot. But he was working on listening to others now.

"Hi I'm Sarah your server today, can I start you with drinks?" She places the menus in front of the three gentlemen and took her notepad out and pulled a pen from behind her ear. They had the workers wear old 50's dinners uniforms it was quant.

Jay Lee

"Right," he confirmed, "We barely sat down a couple minutes before you arrived."

Somehow, the conversation they started dropped when Daejun's friend arrived, but Jay didn't care either way. His friend probably didn't want to hear about something so serious when they were here to enjoy lunch amongst friends. The fire was hardly a secret (how the hell would it be?), however, the details...

He asked for a water, subtly glancing around Noah's neck to check if he still had the charm on. If not, Jay could assume the problem he was having... wasn't a danger anymore. Or so he figured.

"The bus run late or somethin'?" They arrived basically at the same time, but since he seemed worried about that, Jay wondered how much he rushed to get here.

Outside, a calico cat lazily wandered about, eventually plopping down in an empty chair, licking his paw. His familiar was keeping an eye out. Extra precautions were better than no precaution.

• Queen
  • 117 posts
  • Battsy
  • 5'10"
"I almost got off at the wrong station," he lamented. "But yeah, it was running late." He sighed. "As usual..."

He really needed to get his hands on a reliable car but he just... never needed one before. But... He fiddled with the charm around his neck. Yeah. He had never been afraid to shift before. Now... He didn't know if he was going to be stuck that way forever, helpless and unable to speak.

"Oh," he said, looking up at Sarah, his mind going blank. He hadn't even thought about what to drink. "Long Island iced tea, please."

Sarah looked him over. "Can I see an ID?"

Shit. He didn't have a people ID.

"Never mind," he said glumly. "Just get me a Dr. Pepper..."

Yu Daejun

Deajun himself was too young to drink so he ordered a rootbeer float. He had a soft spot for sweets.

"I'll have water on a side too,  Thank you, Sarah,"

Here the three of them were, shit the last time was an emergency he noticed Noah playing with him charm Jay gave him. 

It seemed like this town had something always going on. Things were going pretty good for Daejun himself but his friends seemed to be having trouble with there pasts.

Jay Lee

"Glad you made it, then." Public transport could be a real bitch to deal with, he knew that.

There was something cutely childish about Daejun ordering such a sweet drink, but it wasn't like having a sweet tooth was reserved for little kids.

Jay noted Noah touching the charm around his neck. So he did have it. Apparently they were all still struggling with their own issues, though, that wasn't a rarity.

"Coming right up." Sarah jotted down their drink orders. After returning with the beverages, she pointed at their menus. "Whenever you're ready, I'll take your orders..." She paused, looking at Jay again. "... Oh! You own that art store downtown, right? I hope everything's O.K. after, um, that crazy fire."

Caught off guard, Jay blinked, but smiled at her. "Thanks. We're doing alright now, luckily."

However, when she turned away, he watched after her, "I didn't think anyone would still remember that." sighing quietly, the wry smile returning.

"I hope you're doing better than when I last saw you?" Jay directed at Noah, raising a brow. He wasn't trapped as a bat again, that was something.

• Queen
  • 117 posts
  • Battsy
  • 5'10"
The whole art thing was news to Noah, although he didn't say anything about it. For one thing, it wasn't directed at him and it seemed like maybe Jay didn't want to talk about it, since he was muttering about his surprise that she remembered it. Noah couldn't tell if it was a sore spot so he just thought it wiser to leave it alone.

Noticing that Jay and Daejun both had noticed him toying with the charm, he quickly dropped it and placed both hands on the table in front of him.

"Yeah," Noah said with a slight furrow of the brow. "But I don't think I can shift into a bat now... It's kind of a problem. Any way to fix it, other than... this?" He reached up and briefly touched the charm again.

Yu Daejun

"I could have picked you up you know?" Deajun said to Noah, he had to through that in but yeah he was happy to have a car. He was really getting in to the racing and he likes fast cars.

The rootbeet float would not be aloud in front of Roy so this was his little secret, he was so not posting this outing.

Smiling and quickly looking away from the charm when Noah noticed the two of them staring it down. He was happy to know Noah was keeping himslef safe. His ex Alex was kinda loosing it doing that to Noah.

Leaning over he gave Jay a rub on his shoulder as the server brought up the fire. The two were talking about it before Noah showed up. It was so sad what had happened. It wasn't just their shop it was their home too.

"It's a small town, so they don't let things like that just go." Perking up he leaned in even closer and whispered, "I beat she wants the scoop."

Deajun didn't know Noah couldn't change into a bat, so that through him for a spin. He somehow felt the need to help him and here Jay was. The man that could help he was a smart guy, this meeting up was turning out for the best. Jay could maybe help Noah again?

Gasping he learned over to Noah giving him a side hug, "I'm so sorry!" He that smacked Noah's arm, "Why didn't you tell me sooner!" He was doing this all out of love. Deajun is a handsy friend.

Jay Lee

"Apparently so, nosy townsfolk." chuckled Jay.

He put his elbows on the table, lacing his fingers together and leaning his chin against them. "It's bad news, that's what, so definitely don't come around for a bit... Especially you two being wildlings." Crazy as that woman was for barging in demanding Jun Yong, he had an inkling she wasn't prone to pyromaniacs. The only other option-- and would explain Jun Yong's suspicious attitude toward the fire-- was one Jay dreaded to think about.

"What?" Jay's lips parted slightly, blinking.

"You can't at all... or you're scared to, you mean?" He could have meant it literally, but the charm was for protection, so Jay thought Noah was fearful he'd be trapped again if he shifted.

• Queen
  • 117 posts
  • Battsy
  • 5'10"
"Eh," Noah said with a careless shrug. "I got here though, didn't I?"

And there was Daejun, hugging him one second and then smacking him in the next. Noah just laughed it off, even though he did sort of toy with the thing around his neck for a moment before letting it go again. He poked Daejun in the ribs with his elbow.

It seemed like Daejun's pal Jay understood more what Noah meant. Glancing downward, he shrugged again, trying his hardest to appear nonchalant--even though he honestly felt anything but.

"Scared to," he admitted. "I don't want to be stuck. But I don't want to be stuck this way either..."

Yu Daejun

Who wasn't nosie in this town? Daejun himself was up to date on most the gossip. He had to be, he couldn't let him and Roy slip up. Now a little alarmed that wildings were not safe he was couise to wake Jay knew.

The elbow in Daejuns rib set him flying to the other side of his chair, nearly spilling his root beer float. Luckily he caught it. Laughing at what just transpired, it wasn't funny that Noah was scared that was alarming. Once he regained his composer from the near accident he turned his attened to Noah. 

"We can help, I'm sure we can," Daejun was gripping his root beer float so he wouldn't drop it again. He would help in any way he could even if it was just listening to Noah's worries. Jay on the other head might be able to help in different areas.

Talking a sip from is staw content he didn't spill it.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D