You're lost in darkness

Started by Tak Gunji, Aug 02, 2017, 02:17 PM

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Not quite? What did that mean? The wolf didn't elaborate. In fact, he hadn't been forthcoming with any information, like who he was or what his name was or why he was out here in the middle of the forest. He seemed content not to share anything with Gunji, holding it all to himself as if he reveled in his secrets.

Gunji wasn't an especially talkative man, either, but he also wasn't in the habit of dragging people into a hut in the woods. His methods were less brutal and more refined in his eyes. Not all of his victims were willing but at least they were kept alive, more or less. Most of them became willing after a time.

He eyed the wolf. Was this his own comeuppance for that? To be captured and kept alive at the mercy of another creature? It was almost poetic.

The buzz of his phone gave him hope but not so much when the wolf demanded the code to his phone. Gunji didn't want to give it to him; he might text whomever it was back that he was fine and not to worry. Maybe the way he typed would be enough to give him away, though.

"It's 2941..."

For a long while, Jae studied Gunji. Why was he so compliant? They usually had more fight than this, even the fledgling vampires much younger than he was. Was there no drive in him? Earlier attempts were amusing--if futile--but now he was cooperating and Jae didn't know if he liked that or not. It seemed like a trick.

He looked down at the phone; another text came through with a low buzz. 2941... He could have entered the code, looked at the message, but there was no real point to it. All he wanted to know was if Gunji would give the code to him, and he did.

Carelessly, Jae snapped the phone in half. Then he tossed the broken halves back into the satchel and slung that into the far corner; it raised a small cloud of dust as it landed.

"I'm going out. Don't try to run unless you want to get fried."

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
No. His form of communication was taken from him, just like that. The only other option was to try and telepathically reach out to one of his ghouls--and hope it was one of the stronger ones.

Settling against the corner, he watched the wolf with the intense eyes of a wary predator waiting for the right opportunity to attack. If the wolf was planning to attack, however, he changed his mind. Instead, he announced that he was leaving. Hope rose--until he realized that he was trapped until the sun came down.

Clever bastard.

He didn't say it aloud--only watched the wolf as he left.

Moon Chul Soo

It had only been a day Gunji was missing, Chul Soo knew something had happened when he didn't return. He didn't send some worthless minions after him, he was the one going to look for Gunji and bring him back.

Whoever took Gunji just landed themselves a death wish. Chul Soo was enraged this happened he felt guilty somehow. He felt like he let Gunji down like he should have known something was going to happen to him and let him down by not being there.

He was able to track Gunji from his last known location and made his way him. He scouted out the cabin from afar once the coast was clear he ran over to the cabin and slowly opened the door. He saw Gunjiin the corner and rushed over.

"Gunji! Are you okay? I'm here to get you out of here." He knelt down to look at Genji's face to make sure he was okay. His hands gently rubbing his back to comfort him. "I came as soon as you didn't answer me, I am sorry I took this long, are you okay?"

Chul Soo looked Gunji over to make sure he wasn't hurt.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Whatever the wolf planned to do, it did not happen. It would not happen, as long as Gunji had his loyal following--and his loyal partner. Without a way to contact anybody through conventional means and no way to send a message otherwise, all he could do was hope that somebody would notice that he hadn't shown up with the ingredients and that he hadn't met with his black witch contact, Susumu.

So when the wolf stepped out during the daylight hours, leaving Gunji unable to leave, he wasn't sure what to do other than wait. He looked over his phone but the damage done to it was irreparable.

Gathering his things back together in his satchel, he waited. He waited for the wolf. He waited for night to fall again.

It was growing darker and he was preparing to have to fight the wolf to leave when he heard somebody approaching. Tensing up, his fangs slid down and he waited in silence... only to find a familiar form coming through the doorway. His fangs retracted.

"Chul Soo ssi," he said, surprised somehow to see him there. Immediately he sprang toward him and looked past him at the forest.

"You didn't see any wolves, did you?"

Moon Chul Soo

Looking back out the opened door then back to Gunji with narrow eyes, "No I didn't see any wolves, is that who took you?" He barked, the thought of someone taking or hurting Gungi infuriated him he wanted to kill this wolf.

"Let's get you home before the wolf comes back." Chul Soo knew the wolf could come back at any time and he wanted to wait but getting Gunji out of there was more important he would ask more question once they were safe.

Chul Soo was very protective of Gunji he always had been he knew he could take care of himself but Chul Soo needed to be needed.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
"Yes," he said. Some kind of rabid wolf. It seemed like it was half out of its mind. No, no... it was quite sane. There was a sharp intelligence in his eyes. But there was something distinctly wild about him, as if he could snap into a feral rage without notice.

Hefting the satchel over his shoulder, he grunted, looking down at the leg he hadn't used in the springing forward. It must have looked awkward but it had mostly healed by now.

"Hope you parked up close," he said, which wasn't possible because they were deep, deep in this forest. For once, Gunji wished the tales of vampires becoming bats were true. He'd love to not have to walk on that damnable leg.

"That wolf shredded my leg."

Moon Chul Soo

"Let me help you," He swooped Gunji up wrapping his arm around him. With his other hand, he grabbed his satchel and swung it over his shoulder.

He couldn't help to chuckle, he wished he could have parked close too. "Let's get out of here," he said in a deep voice. He helped Gunji was they made their way out of the woods. The wolf could return at any time and he already wounded Gunji.

Chul Soo was ready to kill for Gunji, he does regularly but he wanted to get him out of there first. Once he knew he was safe he was going to go after this wolf. He would kill every wolf in Evermore if he had too.

"Can you make it back?" He asked concerned with his current state and how long it would take to get to his car.

Chul Soo was very pissed Gunji went missing and the more he was learning he grew very angry he was trying not to lose control. He had to keep focused on their surroundings and make sure the wolf or anything came up on them.

It was getting darker by the moment and that's when the creeps came out to play.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
"O...okay."

The fact that he'd just been swept off his feet by his vampire companion was a little sudden and odd. He felt like a princess in a fantasy drama. He wasn't going to fight it or argue, though. He was tired, having not really slept through the day--and he was weak. He needed blood to help with the wounds.

"Yes," he said, hoping that would mean Chul Soo would let him down and walk for himself. As long as they were a good distance away, he was hoping they'd get away. Plus, there were two of them and only one wolf. (He hoped.) The wolf would be much faster than Gunji but at least Chul Soo would be a match for him.

"He busted my phone," he explained. "Or I would have contacted you."

Moon Chul Soo

Yes he was carrying Gunji it was silly of him but he needed to get him out of there and fast. He held on to him for a while he looked down at him with a caring smile. "It's okay Gunji," He gave him a squeeze, "I know you tried. I came as soon as I could."

Panting as they made their way they were about half way and his legs and arms were becoming weak. He wouldn't be able to fight off the wolf if he kept up.

He stopped and gently placed Gunji's feet on the ground. "Okay, I am going to have to let you walk the rest of the way.

Stretching his stiff muscles. "You think you can manage, we've been safe this long maybe it backed off? But we need to stay vigilant."

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
"Yes."

He could manage the rest of the way. He carefully stepped forward. Yeah, he would be fine. It was healing up as expected. Breaks took more time for him, as he was still a rather young vampire and his skills weren't up to par with some of the elder ones.

"Those mushrooms aren't worth it," he said in a flat, neutral tone as they began their way through the woods. Even as he walked, however, he was listening, waiting, half expecting an attack.

Moon Chul Soo

Gunji was quiet and didn't say much and Chul Soo didn't mind they got each other. They had a very strong bond. He felt responsible for him he took care of him and helped become the man he is now and he looked up to Gunji as his leader.

"Nope, they aren't," He patted Gunji's shoulder "Let's get the fuck outta here."

"I'm just glad I found you. Do you even know how bad I freaked out?" He looked over at Gunji and smiled. "They all said I was over reacting and you were fine. But I knew something was wrong."

Chul Soo did a lot of the talking between the two of them. He never felt like he wasn't listening or didn't care he got Gunji.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Sadly, those mushrooms only grew in that part of the forest so if they wanted more for anymore spells, they'd have to come back here. Gunji didn't think he'd be doing it himself, however. He'd send others to do his dirty work, the way he ought to have in the first place.

Gunji leaned against Chul Soo in silence, listening to him as they walked. He moved as quickly as he could manage with a healing broken leg, cursing that damned wolf. His arm was mostly healed but his coat had been torn up and was beyond salvage as far as he was concerned.

"Yeah," was his short response, but he meant it. Chul Soo would know better than anybody if something was wrong and Gunji was glad that he went with his gut instinct. Otherwise, who knew how long he'd be out there, at the mercy of that damned wolf?

He shook his hair from his eyes as they climbed over a hill and he could see Chul Soo's car waiting for them. Gunji couldn't wait to just lie in the back seat.

"Call one of the followers," he said softly as he approached the vehicle. "I'm going to need fresh blood. A lot of it."

Moon Chul Soo

They were in sight of his car and Chul Soo huffed, it was about time it felt like they had been walking for even. "I'll do that as soon as you get in the car we can maybe pick some one up."

He pulled his keys out and unlocked the car before he opened the door to let Gungi in he scanned their surrounding area. It looked clear he opened the back door and helped him in. He ran around the back of the car.

He jumped in the car and started it, "Call Elija," "Do you want to call Elija mobile?" Chul Soo said "Yes." The phone rang a few time till he picked up.

"I need you now, no questions asked where are you?" He got the address and sped off in a hurry to get to Elija so Gunji could feed. As he got closer he called Elija back and asked him to wait outside.

Once they arrived he pulled up front and stopped Chul Soo motioned him to get in the back. "Thanks, for doing this Elija, " He said as he turned back to look at Elija before he took off, heading home so Gunji could heal and clean up.

He wanted to talk to Gunji about what happened but only after he rested.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
On the drive to Elija's place, he closed his eyes. He felt tired although so little had happened. It was his mind. His head felt tired, muzzy. It was probably just the wounds and the tension from being heard hostage for whatever reason. His eyes half opened as they drove in silence and he wondered what the wolf wanted with him. You, he said. The sound of it still made his insides boil with... something.

Sighing, he laid back and waited until Elija entered the vehicle. Since he already felt rather faint and unwell, Gunji drew Elija closer to take a taste.

The best part of their Blood Ring was the fact that they had faithful followers like Elija to call in a pinch. It meant no hunting. It meant willing people who worked for them. Sometimes there was a little compelling on the more difficult ones but for the most part, Gunji had a particular distaste for having to use it.

There was enough from Elija to tide him over to the drive home and he was able to get out of the vehicle on his own feet. He looked down at his leg. The blood helped him heal faster and the leg already felt infinitely better.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D