I dreamed I was missing

Started by Roh Geulimja, Aug 02, 2017, 02:10 PM

Kuro

Because she couldn't tell, Kuro wouldn't say anything, but she wondered if he actually knew anything of the magic world outside of mere book research for his characters. If he was a wildling, she'd know at least that. There was no animal scent to him so that could be counted out. Better safe than sorry, she would remain careful of what she blurted out.

She smiled over at him as Shadow sat down. Alright, so he was sticking around for a bit longer. "Do they like reading about these too?" she asked nonchalantly, pointing at the book.

"Was there a... creature you like researching the most?" she was curious now, how much he'd really read for that story of his.

• I want to go back to believing in everything
  • Bishop
  • 111 posts
  • Shadow
  • 5'5"
The question actually caught him off guard. Why was she asking about his parents, anyway? For the most part, Shadow stayed away from them as a topic. When it came to their uniqueness, he had no idea how other people would take them. HIs mother, she was gone but he had a lovely stepmother. And his dad, while he had suffered a lot in his time, he did love Shadow and he knew that. They weren't in the area, though.

"No, actually. They're not very into the mythological thing."

When he left for America to pursue his career on his own, his father chidingly told him to be careful out there and not to let the vampires and werewolves get him. He joked about it, though. He thought Shadow's obsessiveness was cute but Shadow always got the feeling he was waiting for Shadow to grow up and mature, to find a real job.

"I think skin walkers have been the most interesting so far."

Kuro

Sometimes parents interests influenced their kids, so she had wondered about that. Her dad had quite a bit of influence on her, but of course, not everyone was the same. If Kuro was any more nosy, she might have asked further. Thankfully, her tendency to it was only slightly so with strangers. Friends, maybe not so much, but Shadow was a stranger. She wouldn't keep asking about his family. All she did was nod to show she was listening by giving some reaction.

As far as she was concerned, at least he wasn't talking about supernaturals like monsters. They were talking about stories of creatures in books though, so, if he knew he was talking to one of those creatures, who knew how interested he'd be. Possibly in making her into taxidermy.

"Skin walkers?" She took a moment to remember those. "Those witches that can turn into animals?" Kuro was knowing enough as a member of the supernatural community, but she wasn't sure on all the terms. And wouldn't make herself seem too knowledgeable either.

• I want to go back to believing in everything
  • Bishop
  • 111 posts
  • Shadow
  • 5'5"
"Is that what they are?" he asked. "I mostly read up on the Native accounts. They're pretty... interesting."

He didn't want to say--or admit--that he was interested currently in another group of supernatural beings because... well. The stigma behind it--behind the incubus--seemed to be a not so positive one. He was afraid of what it meant to admit that it was interesting... Or worse still, that it was interesting because he was pretty sure he was at least half of one. His mother...

Taking in a breath, he suddenly stood up.

"A-anyway, I need to go. But it was... nice. Talking to you, that is."

He didn't give her time to respond before he bowed his head politely and then scurried off. Because the thought of his mother made him realize a number of things and he had to get home and check a few things.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D