This is the bad before the worst

Started by Ryland Ren, Apr 14, 2018, 02:03 PM

• You make my heart shake bend and break
  • Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
He was beyond frustrated. He was afraid. Nobody was responding to any of his messages, not Alva, not Aldon, not anybody. In his frustration, Ryland curled up into a ball on his bed, rolled onto his back and pressed his hands up against his face, eyes closed. Why weren't they replying? Why didn't anybody have any messages to relay? It felt like it had been forever since he heard any updates on any of them. Nobody wanted to say anything. Did they get attacked? Killed? The last thing he knew for sure was that they'd all been heading in the same direction: the suburbs.

Ryland didn't live there. He lived downtown, in a nice, cozy little apartment that overlooked the town proper. Swallowing hard, he lowered his hands from his face and he skirted his leg around the phone perched on the edge of his bed. He padded barefoot over to the window that looked out over the streets below. It was mid day. It had been days. Days since he heard from anybody inside. The news was constantly on. Even now, it was buzzing in the background, somebody saying something about a weather report, some sports thing or other, and then there was no update. That's what they'd been saying for the past few days. Ever since the barrier had swallowed up Aldon and Alva and everybody else he loved and cared about, they just said there were no updates. Nothing they could do. Police couldn't breach the barricade.

Feeling somewhat sick to his stomach, Ryland turned away from the window and reached for a bottle of pills. He shook the small bottle and read the contents without really reading it. Nothing was going to get rid of that feeling. No chemical. No medication. Ryland set it back down and as he did, a motion caught his eye on the street. Ryland tilted his head. A familiar form was walking down the street. Scurrying to unlatch the lock on his window, Ryland threw it open and leaned out.

"Sebastian?!" he yelled down.

R

Sebastian Jung

Sebastian lost a few days or more he didn't know what day it was or what was going on. He woke up in an unfamiliar place and started walking home. He had no phone on him, not even shoe.

"Sebastian?!" Was called out and he tilted his head a little and slowed down. Was someone calling him or was he hearing things? He started to walk again. His feet hurt from all the walking he did. He felt like shit like he had a bad weekend with drugs and booze. He just wanted to get home and shower and maybe eat.

(For some reason I didn't get the mention for this)

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Crap! He didn't hear him! Ryland watched him for a moment, heart pumping with anticipation and anxiety. Why did he need somebody right now? Because--nobody was around him and he was really starting to feel it. While Ryland could go days without talking to a soul if he chose to--he could be a solitary soul--right now, he couldn't stand being alone. There were too many possibilities running through his mind, too many worries. Sucking in a breath, he shoved the window back so hard that it was a wonder it didn't shatter, although it did make a terrific sound as it bounced against the wall.

"Sebastian!" he shouted again, this time as he leapt over the window and down onto the fire escape a story down. How he didn't break something on the way... well, he liked to think he was pretty agile, which he attributed to his fox blood. Leaping down the next story, he made it to the pavement below and he chased Sebastian down, grasping his arm and holding onto it like he thought Sebastian was going to disappear down a dark alley if he didn't.

"Didn't you hear me?" he asked, before he got a look at Sebastian. His half smile disappeared. "You look like shit. What happened?"

Sebastian Jung

Sebastian took a slow heavy blink "Ryland." He said cheerfully he was happy to see a face he knew. The grip on his arm was a little alarming. "I thought I head my name but I wasn't sure."

Sebastian ruffled his hair, "Ahhh, I am not sure what happened I know I feel like shit. Do I look that bad too?" He laughed. His whole body ached but he didn't want to cry to Ryland. Pain filled his eyes but he smiled through it.

"What are you up too?" he looked around and realized he was by his place.

"Silly question what's the date?" he kicked his feet.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Ryland screwed up his brows and frowned, sliding his hand down Sebastian's arm down to his wrist.

"What, are you hearing things now?" Even in jest, he worried that Sebastian might have more going on than even Ryland did. It was easy to get caught up in his own tangled web of misfortune and forget that others had their own tangles to extricate themselves from. Sebastian was likely going through something heavy right now; he didn't look like he was all there. When Ryland looked into his eyes, they were unfocused, too dark. It was like Sebastian was somewhere else. High, maybe? Ryland continued to frown. That didn't seem right but... maybe it was. Maybe he was high. Maybe he couldn't handle something going on in his life right now.

Truthfully, to that, Ryland could sympathize.

The more Sebastian said, however, the more Ryland worried. If he'd been looking for comfort in the arms of an old friend, he was looking in the wrong place. Sebastian looked like he'd been at a frat party for a week--smelled like it, too--and the dazed expression combined with that alarming question? Yeah, Ryland was sure that somebody else needed some psychological nursing right now.

Ryland sighed and slid his arm around Sebastian's shoulders to steer him toward his apartment building.

"You know what? Let's get you inside and clean you up." Then he could ask all the questions in the world if he wanted.

Sebastian Jung

He was not aware of what had been going on with Ryland, he kinds slipped away when he started to drink heavily and mixed up with Aldon again. It may look like he was doing the same thing but that wasn't the case. He didn't really remember much just some flashes of what could be real or a dream. He really hoped it was a dream. He was in a huge house with lots of other men and things were going on it was like a huge orgy and that wasn't Sabastine's thing he was more of a one on one type of guy.

The images made him queazy he felt so violated and dirty. He was a little standoffish with Ryland when he put his arm around him. He knew he was his friend and he wasn't going to hurt him but he didn't really want to be touched right now.

"That sounds amazing my feet hurt," he looked down and wiggled his toes, "Well my everything hurts." He sounded in happy he was all the time but he could shake the feeling something was off. Once they got inside he slowly made his way to the bathroom and started raining water to get it hot, his body ached to be surrounded by a blanket of liquid. "I can't remember what happened to me all I remember was some guy coming into Speedys and after that is hazy."

Slowly peeling his clothes off-they needed to be burned, he exposed his wounds, he had been a vampires toy for some time and was clueless about it. He slowly crawled it to the water as it filled drawing his knees to his chest. It was so relaxing for a moment he forgot about his worries.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Ryland wasn't going to ask what that meant--that everything hurt. Sebastian looked like he'd been partying for a week straight and he kinda smelled like it, too. There was definitely something... er, musky about his scent, like he'd been doing more than having a little drink. Still, Ryland didn't press. It wasn't his business and he'd only come across Sebastian on accident. Really, they hadn't been too close for a while now. Like most of the people in his life, when Ryland became involved with Aldon, he went mysteriously missing from his life. It was like people hated Aldon. Worse, it was like they hated Ryland for the person he must have become with him.

He wished he could see what happened from the outside, from outside himself. He wished he could see what others saw when he and Aldon were together. All Ryland saw was Aldon when he was around and no matter what was happening or what relationships it seemed to ruin, he was always drawn right back into the flame that was Aldon. His eyes when he stared at him, his smile when he was pleased, the sound of his voice when he wanted only Ryland to hear him... Ryland swallowed hard. He missed him, it was true.

Again, he found himself left behind, confused. Whatever was happening probably had something to do with the pack and that Gregg guy. Ryland wrinkled his nose and looked away, not because of Sebastian's state of undress, but because he didn't want his expression being read. He moved out of the bathroom and stood outside of it in the hallway.

"Let me know when you're done. Towels are in the cupboard."

Sebastian Jung

Sebastian might not have been all there but he could tell Ryland had a lot on his mind and it killed him inside not being in the right mind to help him. He just wanted it to all stop for a moment and to feel normal again. He soaked in the bath until the water was cold, taking a deep breath in before he stood up he steps out of the tube. He went to the cupboard to grab a towel and dry off. His clothes smelled foil and he didn't intend to put them back on. They should be burned no telling what is on them.

He wrapped the towel around his waist and headed to find Ryland to get something to put on. He felt better but not 100 percent at least he could think straight. "Ry," He called out with concern.

He quickly looked for Ryland to share what he saw when he got out of the tube it was frightening his bare feet made a pitter-patter on the floor as he walked down the hall to find Ryland. He was all marked up he looked like he jumped into a cactus. Once he found Ryland his face said it all, well more like his body did, all the marks on it. "I think I might know what happened..." He trailed off.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
"Yeah?" Ryland called back, turning toward Sebastian as he made his way over in nothing but a towel. Uh yeah. Whoops. Ryland left him in the bathroom with towels and all but... not anything to wear. "Oh--" he started, about to say he'd get him something to wear but the look in Sebastian's eyes silenced him and he stilled. He wrapped his arms around his own waist and despite not trying to, his gaze skirted over Sebastian. There were marks on Sebastian's body. More importantly, there were telltale twin marks all over him--on his arms, on his shoulders, on his throat. His throat. Ryland opened his mouth to speak but couldn't find the right words for it.

They must have done a number on Sebastian. Vampires. Did Sebastian go willingly or did they use their hypnotic gazes on him? Was there more than one or did a single vampire do that much damage to Sebastian? He was pale. Why hadn't Ryland noticed that? Maybe he did; he was a bit wan but Ryland just thought that was something else, drugs maybe, alcohol. Partying too long, too much.

"I think so, too." His gaze softened. Whatever happened, he had a hard time blaming Sebastian for it. Slowly, he reached out and gently touched Sebastian's upper arm, just a light brush of fingertips before dropping his hand.

"Hey, let's get you dressed." He gestured to his open bedroom door.

Sebastian Jung

Sebastian didn't want to know what happened he was happy he didn't remember it why would he want to? He nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good and some OJ." He laughed making a joke about when you donate blood. He was in good sprite spit his lack of blood and memories.

He put on some sweats and a v-neck t-shirt his hair was slicked back still wet. He turned to his old friend ready to talk, "This might be a lot to unload on you right now but I kinda just need someone right now," His stomach felt weak and his eyes watered up. "I have no idea what happened or who I was with. I lost so much time it's like I was just not there. I just don't want to be alone I don't want to be alone with my thoughts."

He let some time get between the two of them but he still felt close to him and close enough to let him in on what he was going through. "I don't do how I got wrapped up in the vamp shit, I was at work then... some guy came in and it's just fuzzy."

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
"Heh. Yeah."

He got the OJ joke but he wasn't sure how he felt about it. Sebastian was probably trying to keep things light but Ryland's head was buzzing with worry and concern. Vampires? How did Sebastian get himself mixed up with them? Not like Ryland could condemn him for his choices (if it was even a choice) since he had gone all head over heels for a werewolf. Knowing what it was like to have people look at him with disapproval over that was enough to keep him from admonishing his friend. Besides, he wasn't convinced yet that it had even been a choice and that was far more worrying.

After Sebastian was dressed, Ryland gave him a thumbs up and a quick smile. There. He was all dressed. His smile softened as Sebastian's eyes grew bright and Ryland reached out to give Sebastian's shoulder a companionable squeeze.

"It'll be okay." Actually, he didn't know that. He didn't know which vampires Sebastian got tangled up with but it didn't matter. Ryland would help Sebastian out. He frowned, however, as Sebastian began to describe his encounter with some guy. A vampire, no doubt.

"He used you," he said, anger tinged in his tone. "Do you remember who it was?"

Sebastian Jung

Sebastian gave him two thumbs up, "Yeah, it will be thanks to you. I really don't think I should be alone right now." He ran his hand through his wet hair trying to keep it out of his face, he didn't like the way wet hair felt. A pet peeve of his, he usually blow-dries his hair immediately after his shower.

"Yeah, I would say so," He looked at his wrist they both had marks, he tried to remember anything, "He was Asian," not that meant a lot, "But no, I can't remember who he was, I've never met him." He stared off in the distance as he thought his eyes glossed over, "A big house..." He trailed off. It was like rewinding a video to rewatch the past few days of his life, the life that this vampire took from him or charmed him into some drugged out zombie to be his feeding bag and much more.

A face popped up but he didn't know him or if he did he made him forget him, he did who ever remember seeing him at the Watermelon Social at that time he didn't know he was a vampire.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Asian. Vampire. Ryland thought it could be anybody but he wasn't personally involved in the business of vampires. They came out at night, when Ryland was busy doing work for classes or going out with friends. But he'd heard they were wreaking havoc on the small town of Hazleton. There was some kind of report about the barricade now but Ryland only knew vampires were involved because of the network of people in his life--the supernatural ones.

"A big house?" Ryland repeated, trying to think of all the big, fancy houses in Hazleton. It was a small town so it wasn't hard to narrow it down to a handful. There was a full community of them away from the main center of town. There were also a few sprinkled around on land that used to be farmland.

"Isolated?" Ryland asked. "Or was it part of that gated community past the woods?"

Sebastian Jung

"No, not isolated, it's downtown in Hazelton Heights." H.H. was where the million dollar homes where the rich folks. Sebastion only delivered to home's there he didn't know anyone that lived there though. "I was really out of it when I left but I'm sure if I looked for it I could find it." The place was one of a kind for sure. He shivered thinking about the place again. He really didn't want to believe what happened, happened so the less he remember the better.

"How are you and Aldon?" Sebastian asked not knowing Ryland's current situation. He really hoped for the best for them but he couldn't be a part of it. He knew Aldon wouldn't change and Ryland would keep going back and he couldn't keep watching it.

He was trying to get all the attention off of him for a moment and being Aldon was sure to do it.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
"Hazleton Heights..."

Ryland didn't know anybody who lived there personally, either, but he could imagine that some creeps lived there. Mansions could hide a lot of dark shit that Ryland honestly didn't want to have to think about. But he also wanted to help Sebastian out so he tucked the mental note away. He'd likely end up sticking his nose where it didn't belong to figure the mystery out, even if Sebastian didn't want him to. Then again... Ryland didn't want Aldon and Alva to go poking around the suburbs and look what happened to them! (Ryland knew it was only a matter of time before he followed them, though--he hadn't heard from either of them in so long, he just knew something bad happened.)

And of course, like Sebastian could read it on his face, Sebastian asked him about Aldon. Ryland made a slight face, trying not to express his worry and knowing that it was probably written all over his face. Quickly, he hid his face by dropping his head and rubbing his shoulder in a distracted way.

"Ah... well... I haven't heard from him in a while, actually..." He glanced back up at Sebastian, unsure of how much to share with him. Hesitantly, he asked, "Did you hear about that stuff happening in the suburbs...?"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D