S

all in

Started by Skylar Choi, Mar 08, 2018, 06:14 PM

Skylar Choi

At least an hour has passed since Skylar last communicated with his brother, having not heard from him in what felt like months, and that meant at least an hour of worrying constantly. Worrying about Kota's health, his arm, the state of his apartment, the last time he had properly eaten. Everything. Jostling the bags filled with groceries in his hands, Skylar squinted at the list of names next to the front door of the apartment where his brother lived to check that Kota still lived where he thought. He shifted his balance so that he was able to shoulder the door open, traversing up the stairs as carefully as he could in order not to drop anything.

Finally reaching his brother's floor, Skylar paused a moment to catch his breath and readjust the bags. It had been a long time since he visited his brother, since there seemed to never be time, and he had forgotten how long it took to walk up several flights of stairs. Not to mention tiring. Skylar rolled his shoulders once, before picking up his pace to get to Kota's apartment sooner. Finding the right door, he dropped one of the bags with a muffled curse before he was finally able to knock on the wood. He knocked twice, paused, and knocked twice again. "Kota?" he called out tentatively, hoping his voice reached through the door. "It's me."

avatar_Dakota Choi avatar_Trash Bat

• Who doesn't make mistakes?
  • Rook
  • 378 posts
  • Fearless Thrill Seeker
  • 6'0"
He wasn't lying when he told his younger brother that he was hungry. Having the use of only one arm kinda hindered his ability to make anything with any efficiency and he wasn't exactly stacked in the cash area. Sure, he made money off gambling on races and shit but that wasn't so helpful when 1. he was out of commission and 2. he frittered the money away on stupid shit that didn't put food in his stomach. Normally, he'd brush Sky off with a gruff I'm fine, but now he found his sudden reappearance fortuitous.

That didn't stop him from half dozing on the couch with his knees drawn up and his bad arm tucked between them. He didn't even realize how long he'd been out until he heard the sound of knocking. Jolting back awake, he stretched his legs out before him, accidentally kicking the coffee table forward with a loud screeching sound against the old wooden floors. Wincing at the sound, he used his good hand to rub at his eyes and scratch at his nose.

Hearing his name, he forced himself to get up, trying to push his hair around into a semi-decent arrangement.

"COMING!" he shouted, in case Sky knocked again. He didn't need his neighbor banging her stupid broom at him for the fifth time this week. His oversized sweater slid over the handle and he fumbled with it before shrugging it up his arm and out of the way. The bolt slid back and the door swung open as he stepped aside to let Sky in.

"Hey there," he said, eyes immediately going to the bags in Sky's arms. "Long time, no see, eh?"

S

(OOC: It's been over a month and I'm losing my train of thought. I'm closing this for now. If you want it back, PM my Trash Bat account!)

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D