Blackout

Started by Jeon Kihwa, Aug 01, 2017, 02:50 PM

• Gotta feeling you could use a little smile
  • Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
Kihwa didn't know about this hotel. It was a little strange. Dingier than he first imagined that it would be. Of course, he was slumming it here in America. Even with the likelihood of being noticed wasn't that high in comparison to his homeland, it was still something of a danger.

It didn't matter. Soon he'd be elsewhere; he was only stuck here for a short time--before he could make it to his loving boyfriend and stay with him. That would be far better than this hotel. He smiled to himself.

Soon.

It would happen. Soon.

But for the time being, he was sitting on the edge of the bed in the dingy room, kinda thinking maybe he should call Dayen now and maybe... maybe ask him to come and whisk him away now.

That thought only multiplied by five when the lights suddenly flickered and then died. Quickly, Kihwa stood up, grabbing one of the bed's decorative pillows as if it was a shield.

Slowly he moved over to the wall and slid his hand over the wall. Where was that switch? His fingers caught it. Snapped the switch... and nothing happened. He flicked it several times, up and down. Nothing. His heartbeat quickened and his mouth went dry.

Outside his room, he heard a scream. Should he investigate or stay hidden? He didn't know! Agonizing over the decision, he finally hurried to the door and peered outside the peephole. Somebody his age was standing in the hall. He looked all... heroic. Biting his lower lip, Kihwa gathered his courage and opened his hotel door.

Jasper Nam

Jasper heard a scream and immediately jumped up to investigate standing in the hallway listing to what way the scream came from. He turned when he heard a door open, "Did you hear it too?" He asked as his eye adjusted to the darkness and he got a better look at who he was talking to.

Jasper was alone in this shit hole when the power went out and a scream broke the silence. He was always looking for the supernatural in his day to day life. Most of the time it was his mind running wild he would read into things too much.

He was grasping for answers, he needed to know the truth. How could they hide so well and keep themselves a secret for this long? There were myths and stories told all over the world yet still hidden from man. But Jasper was going to expose them, humans had the right to know and coexist with them.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
"Scream?" he asked the heroic looking guy. He understood some English but his own English was terrible. He did hear something, though and it sure sounded like a scream so he nodded.

"Yes."

He looked down the hall, in the direction he'd heard the sound. The other guy looked ready and eager to face down whatever it was. Meanwhile, Kihwa was still clutching his pillow like it was going to save his life.

Another shout, this time accompanied by the sound of something crashing against the wall. Kihwa's eyes widened and he looked over at the other guy for answers.

Jasper Nam

Jasper jumped as he heard the crashing sound, his heart was racing, is it supernatural? "We should go check it out they might need help." He said looking over to see Kiwah eyes bulging, he could tell he was scared there was a good reason too. But he didn't want to frighten him more.

Walking the direction from where the noise came from, each step bringing him closer to whatever was in there. Taking a deep breath in as he faced the door from where the crash and scream came from. Jasper knocked on it and called out, "Hello." He looked to Kihwa, "Are you okay in there?" He knocked again.

He could hear something, but no one answered him. He tried opening the door but it was locked so he knocked again. He was ready to bust the door down his mind ran wild to what was going on behind the door.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
"Yes... check it... out."

He really didn't want to, though. What he wanted to do was pretend he'd heard nothing. He should have hidden but instead, he was following behind this brave person. Kihwa lowered his head and bit down on the corner of the pillow to silence any sounds of fear or discomfort.

After the other man's knocks went unanswered, Kihwa wavered.

"Maybe we should..."

He fell silent. He thought he heard something behind the door. He stared at the peephole, even though he couldn't see through it. It was too dark to tell if anybody was at the door but he could hear the handle moving from the other side.

Quickly, Kihwa backed up, holding the pillow like he was ready to throw it at the thing behind the door.

The door opened.

Jasper Nam

The door opened, Jasper's eyes widened and his heart raced. He had no idea what was going to be behind the door. It was a young girl, she had blonde hair she looked to be 12 years old. She looked so cute and innocent but he knew what she could be, a vampire! "Hi, there." He choked the words out. "Are you okay in there?" He tilted his head to get a look in the room. But the little girl caught him and started to close the door. "The power is off and we heard a scream." He continued to say.

He placed his hand on the door to stop her from closing it all the way. He wanted an answer before he left. He could live with at least trying to help. But the not knowing got to him.

He looked back at the young man that had followed him. He was trying to get his attention to help him with the door. They needed to see what was in there. He looked back to the little girl. "We are just here to help." He was trying to gain her trust.

But if she was a vampire she could be 100's of years old and see right through him. She could attack them at any moment. Or it could just be a frightened little girl. He kept his guard up and waited for the kid to help.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
"Oh," he said. "It's just a little girl."

Blinking, Kihwa stared at her for a long moment, then moved over to help his new friend with the door. He smiled reassuringly at the little girl.

"Are you the one who was screaming? We're just here to make sure you're all--"

His words were cut off as he glimpsed something beyond the girl, inside the room. A woman's slumped over body, bleeding all over the carpet.

"Oh my god," Kihwa said, taking a step back. "Is that a... is she... is..."

Just as he said that, the little girl lunged at the other guy.

Jasper Nam

Jasper saw what Kihwa saw but before he could react the little girl was lunging at him. "Shit!" He yelled as he tried to fight her off. She might be a little girl but a vampire and vampires are pretty tough. He was not about to let this little brat bite him.

Grabbing both of her arms was the best way to keep her out of reach but now the other one was coming over to help and Kihwa didn't know what to do, "RUN!" He shouted and he threw the girl on the floor and took off running from the vampires.

Jasper followed Kihwa into his room he locked it behind them. "Holy fuck what is going on here?" He asked aloud knowing Kihwa had no idea what was going on. The vampires were pounding on the door and if they didn't get out of there or hide they would be dessert. "We need to get out of here." He said breathlessly his heart was pounding and his thoughts were a mess and he started to talk to himself he flashed back to the night as a child. "I knew they were real." He muttered, "It was just a matter of time till I found them."

"I need my bag from my room," He remembered his kit. He was scared at first but this is what he has been looking for and what he has been on the hunt for but he ran from it like a coward. He needed to gather his thoughts and do things right. He was just still in shock to what he had just seen.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
"Wh-wh-what?!" Kihwa asked, running his free hand agitatedly through his hair once they were safely locked behind his room's door. Kihwa quickly moved away from the door--just in case.

His heart wouldn't stop pounding so hard that it made his head spin and he felt slightly sick.

"What do you mean, they're real? What bag? What are you talking about?!"

Jasper Nam

"Vampires! you just saw them." He said frantically, "I have a bag or a kit whatever you want to call it. It has everything from wood stakes to holy water." He paced the room they had very little time before they broke the door down or something. "I hope you can fight." Looking over at Kihwa, there could be more and having someone that couldn't fight might weigh him down and get the both killed or worse turned.

"I need my bag I will not let these bloodsuckers kill anymore," Jasper said heroically with his chest puffed out. He was not going to back down from this fight he had searched long and hard and they were here at the same hotel. He thought he would feel better after finding them but he still had that empty feeling inside. Maybe after killing them, he would feel closer?

"We can't just stay here, let's go." He walked to the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony. "We can sneak into my room and get my bag and we will fight them off, okay?" He then muttered under his breath, "I hope it's just the two of them." As he made his way out.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
"I... I don't know what I saw," he said faintly. Vampires?! Vampires, though?! That couldn't be true. That little girl was just... she was just really strong for a little girl. And that stuff around her mouth probably wasn't blood. She probably just ate some... strawberry jam or something!

Kihwa's eyes widened further as the other guy started to climb from the window.

"Fight them? But that's... murder! Isn't it...?"

Jasper Nam

He was on his way out as he called to Kihwa, "You coming? And it's kill or be killed?" He didn't want to leave him behind what they had to get out of there they were sitting ducks. Jumping from the balcony he did a little ninja roll.

He needed to get back into the hotel so could get his bag and fight off the vampires. "So you're not from here are you?" He asked as he scoped out the entrance. His Engish was not the best but he seemed to get what Jasper was saying about vampires.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"
Silently, Kihwa would rather not be killed OR do any killing. Couldn't he just... hide under the bed until this was all over? At the same time, if somebody else was being hurt, he could hardly turn a blind eye. He certainly didn't want to be a coward, even if deep down, he was scared to death of this entire situation.

"A-araso," he said as he shakily climbed out behind the other man. "Okay, I mean."

The small talk made him feel only slightly less uneasy so he tried to do his best to follow along. He knew it was something about being here long and he sort of half laughed (no mirth) and said, "No, not here long."

Jasper Nam

The power was still out so it was dark in the lobby so the two hide behind a short brick wall while Jasper looked around for any movement. He whispered over his shoulder to him, "Where are you from? I know a little Korean but it's not like the best." Once in foster care, English was what he spoke. He understood it more than he could speak it. He sat on the ground and looked to him so they could chat while they wait to make a move.

He thought it would be nice to know more about his partner before they die. Well he hoped they wouldn't die tonight but this was his first fight it was all research till now and this young man happened to be a part of it.

• Rook
  • 83 posts
  • AKA KIKI
  • 5'9"

"South Korea," he said. He didn't want to elaborate on that too much. This guy didn't seem to recognize his face, which was just as well. That made him feel even stupider for choosing this place. Or maybe this was the reason he wasn't recognized. Maybe he was right all along.

He still regretted his choices. He wished Dayen was around.

Shivering, he looked over his shoulder. It felt like they were being watched.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D