Buried me in concrete to my teeth

Started by Ryland Ren, Aug 01, 2017, 09:56 AM

• You make my heart shake bend and break
  • Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
God, he just needed to get away.

The second he left Chris behind, he felt it rising. Something salty, something angry and bitter but something heavy, holding him down and threatening to suffocate him. It was all coalescing into a chaotic mess. Why hadn't he fought harder for Chris? Yet... he couldn't do it, not when Chris pointblank said the words "I can't trust you."

Ryland didn't want to be That Guy, the one who had hurt Chris and that was all he was. But he couldn't change it. He couldn't go back in time and so he was stuck in this current time, where he'd already fucked up and slept with his ex and then didn't grovel or beg to be taken back. What would that really get them, anyway? Chris would never trust him again. What kind of relationship would that be?

Pressing his palms hard against his eyes, he took a deep, deep breath, then honked. Yes, he was just that rude. He didn't want to pick up the phone. Texting would be a mess. A call would just scare Rune off. He wanted Rune to come down, dressed to the nines, ready to go out and party.

Really, Ryland was already ahead of the game. When he told Rune he might have a little, he wasn't kidding. He drank a couple of beers before he got behind the wheel, not really caring that he was a lawbreaking bastard. He was already a cheating bastard so why should he care? He should just keep digging himself deeper in his dirty little hole.

Honking again with less patience, he rolled down the window and shouted up at the apartment building.

"RUUUUNE! OH MY GOD, GET OUT HERE."

Oh god. He really was on the way to drunksville. It was definitely not normal for him to call out windows like that and he barely even noticed the dirty looks a passing couple gave him. He just flashed them a nice smile.

Rholy

Rune heard the horn but he still needed to get his shoes on. He just didn't know what pair to wear. Did he want to be comfortable or look good? Who was he kidding he wanted to look good! If you don't feel like you will catch everyone's eye then you are not doing it right.

He slid his shoes on and went to the bathroom one last time to make sure he looked good. Checking himself out in the mirror he fixed his hair when he heard the horn again. Rolling his eyes, "I'm coming, geez."

Grabbing his wallet and keys before he headed out the door he slammed it behind himself. He ran over to the car and jumped in. "Sorry, had to get my shoes on." He could smell the booze on Ry and he slapped his arm. "Ass, I said you had to wait for me, now I have to play catch up when we get there."

Rune loved to party but hated to feel left out if they were having fun he needed to be having fun, if they felt good he needed to feel good.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Ry laughed and then took a look down at Rune's shoes. It took him that long just to put on a pair of shoes? (Then again, he forgot he was dealing with Mr. Fashionista here.) Hopefully Rune's shoe choice would be worth the time they were wasting because all Ry wanted to do was go, go, go!

He couldn't stand another minute just sitting there. He felt restless, abuzz with negative energy. Sickness, deep inside. And hurt. Regret. Loneliness. He just didn't want to think about Chris' face when he asked him the million dollar question. He didn't want to think about the way he felt when he read those awful texts from Aldon, knowing what he wanted to say.

All he could think about was how he fucked everything up with everybody. And Alva was having his romantic weekend away just when Ry needed him most. So... naturally, he grabbed onto the next random friend--somebody who knew how to have a good time, too.

Rune wouldn't stop him from doing that. He wasn't all responsible. Look at him; he was more concerned that Ry started without him than the fact that he was driving with a couple drinks in him.

He smiled at Rune as he sped down the street and hit the highway to head up to Envy.

It wasn't a long drive from his new place. Really, it was almost a straight line from the highway. Once they were there, Ry was out and he was already half bouncing and half dancing around the car, grabbing onto Rune's shoulders and pushing him towards the entrance to the booming club.

"Let's go get hammered~!"

Li Yu Han

When Aldon said to 'meet him at Envy,' Yu Han imagined that they would go together. As in, in the same car. At the very least, they might have met up, gotten in their respective cars and driven down together. Hell, even a bus...

What he didn't envision was making his own way down, alone, to find that Aldon was nowhere to be found. A quick text revealed that Aldon was 'on his way' and that Yu Han should go inside first if he wanted.

If he wanted.

He didn't not want to, this was true, but he would have liked to go in with a friend instead of simply slipping in all alone. It felt like a loserish move and Yu Han did not enjoy feeling like a loser.

Regardless, he went in, bypassing the bouncer easily. Music throbbed in his ears, each pounding note replacing the thrum of his heartbeat; lights strobed overhead, illuminating everyone in garish bright colors.

Yu Han glanced about, automatically taking stock of the emergency exits, the bathrooms, potential places to make an escape in case of an emergency. His hunter's instincts were kicking into high gear but this was a hotspot of supernatural activity and he could never be too careful.

He did come here to relax for a night, though, and with that in mind Yu Han moved through the crowded floor, slipping between people and through groups. At the bar, he ordered a drink and while waiting for it to be served, a man caught his eye who had just arrived with his friend. Yu Han made no attempt to hide his interest as he looked him over, lips curving into a little smile.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Yes, yes, they were going to get so hammered. It was all Ry wanted--to forget the events of the day and just become one with the music and copious amounts of alcohol. Now, normally, Ry wasn't even that much of a drinker so those couple of beers he drank before picking up Rune were already going to his head. However, he didn't come to Envy to just stand around. He came to have fun and get rid of that nasty little lump in his throat.

Taking in a deep breath, he looked around the bar area as they stepped toward it and he rubbed his hands together. The drink menu was on the wall behind the bartenders. There were a couple of them on duty tonight, of the male and female variety. Ry smiled at the cute male one nearest him and then turned toward Rune to make a remark when he caught the eye of another patron.

The guy made no attempt to disguise the fact that he was looking them over. Them? Or him? Maybe... Rune. Ry looked the guy over, too. Tall, handsome, alone. So alone. Ry's lips curved into an answering smile. Annnnnd he might have winked. Whoops.

Then he leaned toward Rune to speak into his ear.

"Is that guy checking me out or is it you?" Because if it was Rune, too late. The wink already happened.

Li Yu Han

The smile could have meant anything but the wink sealed the deal for Yu Han. He winked back, quickly, and grabbing his drink decided to head over. It wasn't far--a few steps brought him over to the two of them and he leaned against the bar's countertop with a genial smile.

"Hi." Brilliant start. Couldn't have made a better comment. Yu Han nodded toward the drinks that were coming over for the two. "Let me get those for you. I'm Yu Han. What's your name?"

His gaze flicked over both of them but admittedly, he was more interested in the one closest to him. It didn't hurt that he seemed interested right back, if his wink was any indication. Yu Han sipped his drink, feeling it beginning to warm him. Funny that he couldn't touch water for too long without turning into a fish, but he could drink it all day long and suffer no ill effects--and in fact, lack of hydration generally made him feel severely ill.

Rholy

The music was good and he knew the drinks would be too. They made it to the bar and it was time for drinking. Ry put the order in and Rune scoped out the place looking for someone to catch his eye. It sounded like he found someone, Rune looked over, "Oh, he is so checking you out." He said dramatically he gave him a little nudge as he checked out the tall dude Ry was eyeballing.

"Shit, he is coming." Rune started to panic he couldn't hide his smile. He was stoked Ry found someone but he turned away as he approached them leaving it open for Ry to jump on. He couldn't help but laugh when he heard his pickup line, Hi, really?

But as he listened the dude was pretty smooth. He turned back around with a less excited smile at the mention of buying the drinks. "Hi, I'm Rune and you're hitting on my boyfriend," He wrapped an arm around Ry's shoulder, "I'm just kidding but thanks for the drink." He grabbed his glass and took a drink.

Rune had a crush on Ivy but there was nothing there yet so he was free to mingle. He was more looking forward to getting shit faced and partying till daylight. So as long as Yu Hun was up for for the adventure he couldn't care less if he joined them.

Ryland wasn't really one of Rune's party buddies but he was not going to turn down going out, He could tell something was bothering him but if he wanted to talk he would but he wanted to party so they were partying, But he was sure he knew what had happened and when he was ready to talk Rune would be there.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
So it wasn't just him, then. That guy was totally checking him out. Ry smiled to himself. Yes, he still had it. He hadn't melted into some pathetic troll just because he broke up with somebody. His self esteem could definitely take the boost right now, that was for sure.

Oh wow. He was coming over. That wink probably did it. He was certain of it, especially since the guy was buying their drinks and he most definitely was checking out Ryland now that he was closer. Ryland checked him out right back although now that the guy was closer, he didn't wink. That would be overkill.

Not that his alcohol sloshed brain cared. This was the kind of thing he'd come to do since he felt down in the dumps over two other men. (The perfect way to kill those feelings apparently was to go out and find another problem--AKA another good looking man.)

"Thanks!" Ryland smiled, taking his drink and lifting it. Even better when the other guy paid for the drinks. He didn't even care that Rune made his silly joke. Rune was good looking enough. If Ry got stupid drunk enough, who knew what would have happened between them? Ahem.

Was he that drunk yet?

"I'm Ryland," he said. His smile inched into mischievous territory. "Did you come here alone?"

Li Yu Han

Yu Han half-believed Rune about the boyfriend thing, but relaxed when he claimed that it was just a joke. It wouldn't have been the first time that Yu Han hit on a man with a partner and it probably wouldn't be the last--though he didn't do it on purpose. He just had bad luck picking them, it seemed, or he was perpetually late to the game and someone else got in ahead of him.

Like with Gregg. And Aldon.

He lifted his glass too as Ryland did, glad that his company wasn't rejected. Then again, who turned down a free drink?

"Nice to meet you, Rune. And Ryland." His gaze rested on Ryland as he spoke and he leaned in closer under the guise of being able to hear them better. The music nearly drowned them all out and Yu Han could barely hear himself, much less the other two.

"No, I didn't come alone." His answering smile was equally mischievous. "Do I look like the type?"

Rholy

He smiled, Rune didn't mind that Ryland found someone to keep him entertained he just didn't want to be the third wheel so when he heard he didn't come alone his eyes sparkled. He hoped he had some good looking friends he was not going to be leaving alone tonight that was for sure.

He didn't even mind if it was Ry if they were feeling it they were feeling it. Rune was not one to have just one drink and hang around.

No Rune was the one drinking way too much and poppin pills it was all about feeling good. To stop caring and just letting loose that was his life.

It was so cute watching them flirt he felt like Ryland's cheerleader watching them hit it off.

"Not alone, oh?" Rune covered his mouth with his hand with a surprised look and gasped.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
Didn't come alone, huh? Ryland tilted his head slightly before lifting his drink to his lips. His gaze slid sidelong toward Rune, who voiced those thoughts. In his gaze, a light seemed to spark. Was he thinking about how good-looking a person had to be to come along with this guy? He was exceptionally good looking. Blond, too. Ryland seemed to have a weakness for that.

"What type is that?" Ryland asked as he tipped his drink back. He took a gulp from it--no time for politely sipping. He wanted to be more than buzzed. He wanted to feel the music in his veins. It was already half flowing inside of him, causing him to gently sway back and forth to the sound of the music playing and booming around the club.

Li Yu Han

"My friend was supposed to come with me, but I don't know where he's gotten to," he laughed at Rune's mock-surprise but if Rune thought it was a single friend, he was going to be disappointed. Was it too much to hope that Aldon had another single, unattached friend? Aldon seemed like the type who had those in spades.

"He might show up soon though. That's what he said, anyway." Yu Han slid his phone out of his pocket and glanced at the last text he received: Be there soon! Bringing my boyfriend, hope you don't mind!

Inwardly, Yu Han sighed. Great. He needed to be the third wheel like he needed an ulcer. Outwardly, however, he shook his head and like Ryland, also took a long gulp of his drink. Nothing like alcohol to make everything better.

As the drink warmed him, he leaned closer to Ryland. "I'll tell you what type if you dance with me!" Yu Han smiled invitingly and slipped a hand over Ryland's. "Would your friend mind if we...?" He flicked a glance meaingfully towards the dance floor. Maybe he didn't even need Aldon, since he had Ryland--and Rune.

• Knight
  • 1,965 posts
  • Sly Fox
  • 5'9"
"Oh?" He smiled as his hand was taken. He already had an idea of the type that he was talking about but he was intrigued and he was ready to just have a good time with a good-looking stranger. He flicked his gaze toward Rune as well.

"I don't think he'll mind. Right, Rune?" He nudged his friend in the side playfully. Ryland quickly downed the rest of his drink and then clinked the glass down on the bar. He let out a happy whoop and raised his hands in the air.

"Let's do it!"

However, before he could do so, his gaze caught on a familiar face. Feeling rather sickly at seeing him there, Ryland stepped back and let go of Yu Han's hand.

"Actually," he said, waving a hand. "I forgot, I have a paper due." A blatant lie. It was summer and he wasn't enrolled in any summer classes. "So I should get going. But! You can dance with Rune if you like."

He was getting too close and Ryland was afraid he'd see him so he quickly patted Rune on the shoulder before making a hasty exit out of the club.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D