T

First day of School

Started by Travis Rha, Aug 25, 2017, 01:48 PM

Travis Rha

The hairs on the back of his neck stood up as he neared him he was like in a trance he was drawn to him.

Ollie grabbed him and it snapped him out of it, "What? he yelled back. A little irritated he wasn't able to touch him. It was like the ghost was calling to him like whispers in his ear. He couldn't make out what they were saying, the whispers stopped when he was pulled away.

He was still feeling weird, everything felt weird, he felt really confused. He seemed friendly but Ollie seemed to think otherwise.

"Are you a ghost?"

Ellis Rha

"I..." Gee, this guy went straight for the point, didn't he? Ellis thought it boded well for him in the near future. His gaze was caught briefly by the flicker of another ghost nearby but then he turned his gaze back on the Rha boy. He knew who he was; their blood called to him like a siren. Mirroring how he would have acted in life, Ellis stepped forward and wrung his hands together in worry.

"Yes, I'm a ghost," he said, also getting to the point. "And you're a descendent of my family. I need to warn you... don't... go... don't go to the party...!"

Then something touched the very core of his soul and he immediately let out a cry, crumpling to the ground before he vanished.

Travis Rha

"Party? what party?" Travis could believe he was his family, he could feel it he might not be able to explain it but he knew he was cool with him. Ollie, on the other hand, he looked like he was going to shit bricks and wanted nothing to do with the ghost. Before he got an answer to any of the many questions he had the ghost was gone.

"Did you hear him" He looked to Ollie for reassurance that he was not losing his mind. He was almost in a panic "What party is he talking about?" Travis was now pacing, he wanted answers. "Why did it seem like he was trying to warn me? What's going to happen to me?"

Running his hands through his hair he was a little freaked out and not just by the ghost. He was now questioning his whole life.

• There's a touch of grey for every shade of blue
  • Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Yeah..." He heard him but he didn't think he quite believed what he was hearing. That thing was definitely a ghost, though. There one moment, the next... not. And what was happening to him before he disappeared? It looked like something was hurting him. Did ghosts still feel pain? That didn't make sense to Ollie. He frowned and crossed his arms over his chest, then glanced back over at Travis.

"I don't know. There's a lot of parties this time of year. Harvest stuff, bringing in the new season, Halloween..."

Travis Rha

What was the most alarming was they why he cried out like he was in pain. It put the thought in his head that they were not alone and something didn't want him to be warned about the party. Maybe his Aunt No could help them out with some of his questions.

"Well, I guess I'm staying in, no party's for me. I wonder how long I will have to hind from parties?" He creased his forehead pondering if it would be just this season or age? He wondered if he had like a coming out witch party and that's what he was warning him about. Maybe it's more of a curse than a blessing to be a witch.

This was a lot to take in but he felt like he was holding up pretty well for just finding this all out. A thick fog rolled in almost out of nowhere, a breeze mustered up and the dead leaves from the nearby trees, rustling was coming from all direction and a large gust of wind hit Travis. He covered his face to keep debris from his face. Once the wind passed he turned turn to Ollie, "Maybe we should get out of here."

He was spooked goosebumps erupted all over, he rushed to Ollie's side for protection. looping his arm around Ollie's.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Yeah... sounds like... an idea..." Ollie said, somewhat distracted by the weird fog rolling in. Nothing like being in the middle of a creepy cemetery when a storm decided to break the sky. Ollie shivered, not liking the look of the cloud cover any more than Travis apparently did. Lifting a hand as he winced against a sudden wind, he started to say they should leave just as Travis made the suggestion.

"Yeah," he agreed, then leaned slightly against Travis' arm looped through his. "Let's get my bike and get the heck out of here."

When he turned back toward where he'd left his bike, however, he found that it was conspicuously missing. And when he looked around, there didn't seem to be anybody else in cemetery with them, no sign of anybody stealing it. Ollie stared. Then he looked at Travis. Without having to say anything, he grasped onto Travis' wrist and started heading down the hill they'd come up at a sprint. To hell with this place--he wanted out. Now!

Travis Rha

Things were getting weirder and creepier by the minute. Talking to ghosts, creepy storm rolling in, and now the bike was missing. This was starting to feel like a horror movie.

Travis grasped onto Ollie's hand once they picked up speed. They were both thinking the same thing. It was time to bail before things got worse. His pace picked up and so did his breathing they were sprinting now. The wind was rushing by his ears, his hearing was off due to this and it increased his paranoia, he scanned their surroundings as they made their way to the large iron gate.

His throat felt like it was on fire from how hard he was breathing. his chest was pound, his blood was pumping so fast the adrenaline was kicking in the hairs on the back of his neck were spiked. He couldn't help shack the feeling they were being chased. He was too scared to look back to find out. "I am officially creeped out!"

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Me too," Ollie gasped, turning his head to see that the entire graveyard was covered in thick fog that was continuing to roll down the hill like a creature itself. What the hell? Shivering, Ollie continued back down the hill and nearly tripped on his own foot in the process. By the time they made it to very bottom, he was too afraid to look back again. That creepy sensation was crawling up his back now and he didn't want to see what might have chased them, either. All he cared about was getting through the gates and away--as far away as they could get.

"Where do you live?" Ollie asked. "'Cause I live down that street."

He pointed down a nearby winding street that continued down another hill. It wound down to an apartment complex where he lived with his guardian. He had no idea how Travis might react to him... not many people seemed to like him. But if he didn't live closer, it was their best bet to beat the impending storm.

Travis Rha

"I live on the east side, so your place is closer. Travis had never been on this side of town he knew his neighborhood and the way to the school. He regretfully knew the way to the graveyard too. They had made it down the hill and were almost through the gate, thank god it was still opened, He feared whoever took Ollie's bike might have locked them in.

Travis looked to where Ollie was pointing, his place was much closer. He wasn't sure how long he could keep running but he was scared if he stopped whatever was after them would get them. So he kept pushing through the fatigue. He heart was pounded even harder. They were running a pretty good speed but Ollie was much taller so he was a bit in the lead almost pulling Travis along.

"How much further?He said." I'm dying I am not super fit." Exhausted his words came out breathlessly. His hand still grasped tightly onto Ollie's.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"A little further."

The hill wound down towards the edge of downtown Hazleton, where several of the crappier buildings in town stood. A cluster of them formed a trailer park and then a little further down was an apartment complex that stood three stories tall. Oliver led Travis through the crackling, yellowed grass toward an apartment building toward the middle of the complex, then headed up the old steps, made of cement. On the second floor landing, he started down the stone hallway toward an apartment almost near the end of the hall. The entire complex had the faint scent of weed laced in the air.

Fishing out his keys from his backpack, he opened the door to the apartment and was met by a television playing some basic cable tv show. A familiar form sat on the couch, looking like he had been out at some point during the day, since he was dressed. Ollie dropped his backpack by the door.

"This is my friend, Travis," he said, by way of introduction. "Travis, this is Ivar." To Ivar, he asked, "Did you see that weird fog?"

Ivar Svensson

Ivar sat up from his chair as he was met with a strang face after Ollie walked in, he raised a brow and grunted messing his wild hair up, then sitting back. Ivar kicked his feet up on the coffee table. "Nope." his voice cracked and he coughed loudly. He didn't bother to even ask about it, it had no concern to him.

"Did you eat boy?" He asked in his raspy voice he looked over at both boys, he was hungry and he didn't want to go out, so the boy could get food. Not caring about the weird fog Ollie had just asked him about all he cared about was getting food in his empty stomach. He rather sit and wait for the kid to get home then get up and get his own food.

Ollie was used to it, Ivar made the money but the kid did all the other stuff for him, paying the rent, getting the food, and paying the bills. It's not that Ivar couldn't do it but he had Ollie to do it so he did it if he didn't they didn't eat or have power. Ivar was teaching him to be a man, Yep that's what he was doing.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Yeah," he said, because he was hungry but he was hoping that Ivar saw the weird shit going on outside. Letting out a sigh, he looked over at Travis, then beckoned for him to follow him into the kitchen.

"Do we still have that pasta and sauce?" Ollie asked as he opened up the dry food cupboard. He knew Ivar was alluding to him going back out to bring him food but fuck that. He didn't want to leave when he just got back and he doubted Travis did, either. There was too much weird shit going on out there. Plus there was a ghost wandering around. And something that had power over ghosts. Like the kind of power that could hurt them. They could probably do a lot worse to guys like him and Travis!

Seeing that they did have a packet of pasta and a jar of sauce, he looked over at Travis. "Are you hungry?"

Travis Rha

Travis's tailed Ollie into the kitchen, he was a little intimidated by Ivar so he quickly rushed by him and leaned up against the counter as Ollie looked for food. This day was more than he could take in. He couldn't help but feel like he was part of something big, like his parents going missing was tied into him being in Hazleton. Just yesterday he thought he was a normal kid living a normal life.

"I don't know," Ivar answered back, he really didn't know the boy did the shopping.

Shrugging his shoulders he answered, "I could eat,"  he walked over to Ollie. "Do you need help?" He didn't know what to do with himself, he still was freaked out about what just happened to them. Whatever happened to his ghost relative looked bad, like someone or something was trying to silence him. This was alarming to think that he was involved with the undead,

How did they know him or about him? What was going to happen to him at the party if he did go? Why was he brought here? These and many more questions filled his head as he watched the water boil.

"Are you going to tell him?" Travis asked in almost a whisper. He wondered if Ivar knew about witches, he was a lot older then Olli and he knew of them.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Nah."

He didn't need help. He had been fending for himself--for the most part--for the majority of his life. If he wanted something, he had quickly learned he had to get off his ass and do it for himself. Anyway, Travis was a guest so it would've been weird to put him to work. Plus, spaghetti was easy. It was like the easiest meal in the world to cook, if one HAD to cook anything. Setting a pot over the stove with water, he perched next to Travis to wait for it to boil.

Then he looked over at Ivar. Was he going to tell him? He toyed with the sleeve of his shirt for a moment before clearing his throat.

"You believe in ghosts, Ivar?" he asked.

Ivar Svensson

"Yeah, don't you?" Ivar said in a scratchy voice he lazily looked over to the boys in the kitchen. "Just don't get too close they like to possess people this time of year. So if you value your body sire clear." Not all ghost where bad but Ivar wasn't going to encourage the kid to play with ghosts.

Ivar had a colorful bunch of friends all sorts, he knew of many creatures most dark a few light, never know when you'll need a favor.

"What about you, kid? Do you believe in ghosts?"

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D