First day of School

Started by Travis Rha, Aug 25, 2017, 01:48 PM

• There's a touch of grey for every shade of blue
  • Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Who me? Or Travis?"

Because Oliver didn't know what he thought anymore. Before all this, he sort of scoffed at the idea of actual ghosts. Like, he liked the scary stories and stuff and he had a few to add to the campfires with friends. But in the end, he wasn't sure he actually believed in them. Then there were the scary witches... Not just the lady ones but the men ones, too. They seemed real and magic was proven real--he'd seen it! So... now that he'd seen a real ghost...

He shrugged.

"I do now. We saw one at the graveyard. Do you think it was trying to possess Travis?"

Ivar Svensson

"Both of you, well mostly you boy, you grew up here. Him I would know if he knew but you, you should be given this," He mentioned around them.

Tilting his head both eyebrows lifted," Humm." He scratched his chin as he thought for a while. "Yeah, maybe." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Best stay away from them all." He sat back in his chair and reclined it.

"Just make sure the kids not already possessed."

Travis jumped up. "Hey, what are you saying old man?" He looked to Ollie, he didn't think he was possessed, did he? He was creeped out by Ivar they way he spoke and his accent was freaky.

"I am just saying you could have a ghost in you already." Ivar snickered.

"You know it's me right? The ghost left and I didn't even touch him." Travis whispered to Ollie.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
Oliver raised his eyebrows. Already possessed?! The thought of it made his heart jump into his throat for a second and he turned completely away from the stove to stare at Ivar. ...And Ivar seemed less than concerned about the whole thing. It was just like him to stir up shit, scare the living daylights out of people, and then calmly sit back and watch the world burn. Oliver frowned.

"Yeah, I know it's you," Oliver scoffed. The truth was, though--how could he? He'd only just met Travis. For all he knew, that ghost totally hitched a ride in his body and came back with him. It gave Oliver the shivers but he tried to shake it off. Turning back to the spaghetti, he dumped the sauce into a pan and tried to smooth out his brow. Worrying too much about all this wasn't going to help anybody, after all.

"You almost touched him, though. If I weren't there, you probably would've."

Travis Rha

He was relieved to hear Ollie believed him, he really didn't want to be out on the streets alone with the fog and ghosts out. He didn't know the town very well and or anyone to help him. He douted Aunt No would come get him, that's if she can still drive or owned a car. He was thankful to have made friends with Ollie, it made the creepy little town a little less sucky. It was just the first day they met but it felt good to think he had someone to call a friend.

Travis softly rolled his eyes, he did almost touch the ghost and he probably would have if Ollie didn't pull him away. He just felt like he was trying to tell him something not hurt him. It was hard to really explain it felt like he knew him he was drawn to him. He was trying to warn him of danger Travis really felt like he was in danger now. Maybe it was a lie to get him close enough to possess. Just an hour ago he didn't believe ghost existed so it could be true, Ivar could be right, he could already be possessed. But he didn't feel any different. "No, I wouldn't have!" It was a lie but he felt kinda stupid for being stupid trying to touch a ghost. He didn't know what he thought he was going to happen.

"He seemed nice, I don't think he wanted to hurt us." He added defensively. For some reason, he felt like he had to defend the ghost.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
Oliver tilted his head as he regarded Travis in just the same way Oliver's third grade teacher used to look at him when he said something she knew was a lie. He even slightly pursed his lips, as if he disapproved of the way Travis tried to hide the truth. Travis so would have touched that thing if Oliver hadn't been around to grab him and tell him things were way off the charts in creepsville.

"Of course he seemed nice," Oliver retorted. "I bet most ghosts seem nice when they want something. It's when you don't have anything to offer them that they get all evil and try to pull you into the afterlife or whatever."

With all the weirdness happening--with the thick, almost sentient fog, and the creepy moods in the whole town, he wouldn't put it past some jerk ghost to play it sweet to get what he wanted out of Travis. All he had to do was lure him in and then... wham! Body taken over or soul sucked out and where did that leave Travis?

"You're just lucky I was there, is all."

Travis Rha

The way Ollie looked at him made Travis retract like a child being scolded lowering his head opening his mouth to speak but nothing came out and Ollie continued to call him out. He rubbed the back of his arm and shifted side to side. "I just wasn't thinking. I guess." Travis was upset, it's because he felt like he was being attacked like he knew anything about this? That alone should be a reason for Ollie to take it easy.

He needed someone to care about him even if he didn't think he needed it. He was reckless and acting out. He was hopeless without his parents, They were his only family and he would lose everything if he lost them so we wondered if his life was worth living anymore. He put himself in danger and Ollie showed he cared, and Travis could see he really did care. He was a keeper.

"I won't be so stupid next time," he playfully smacked Ollie. "K? I promise." Travis looks up with apologetic eyes and gave Ollie a very forced smile; like a six-year-old class photo, say cheese~ type.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Next time?" Oliver crowed, smacking Travis right back. Odd how they just met but they were already comfortable enough in one another's presence to go around smacking one another. Not hard, but... Well, Oliver wasn't normally one of the Good Old Boys--the ones who ran around with a big crowd of friends, horsing around wherever he went. No, Oliver was more the studious type, despite a weird streak inside of him that countered his personality. He hadn't spoken much about it but he felt it tugging on him, pulling him in a direction he didn't want to go.

He wondered if Travis felt like that, too.

People said that turning into a teenager meant a lot of changes and whatnot but the thing was, sometimes Oliver really felt alone. Like nobody else in the world understood his thought process or how he felt. Then he remembered that adults claimed all teenagers were like that. Maybe they were but it sure didn't seem that way from the outside looking in.

"You planning to go back up there?"

Travis Rha

"No!" He snorted. He did want to go back but he wasn't going to tell Ollie that. That ghost wanted to warn him about something and Travis wanted to know what it was. He couldn't just let it go. This ghost gave him hope. If he parents are dead wouldn't the ghost be able to contact them? The last thing he wanted was for it to be true but he needed to know. Not knowing was killing him, there were no bodies so they could still be alive.

"Why would I go back there?" Oliver knew nothing of his life and that he had gone through. He wanted Oliver to know but he wasn't going around telling everyone his business. In time things would be shared, just like this meal that Ollie made for them.

"Was that your first time? Seeing a ghost?" It was Travis first time and he was still in disbelief. He was so close to touching him, "I wonder want he felt like?"

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
Oliver shrugged. He had no idea WHY Travis might go back but he seemed pretty interested in this ghost business. Oliver didn't fully believe him when he said he wouldn't--but if he did, Oliver hoped he'd bring somebody along. And since he barely knew anybody... who did that leave? (Oliver, of course.) Sighing, Oliver checked the noodles to make sure they were soft enough before bringing the heat down.

"Yeah." He scrunched his brows up for a few seconds. "Why? Have you seen a lot of ghosts around?"

Travis Rha

Travis shook his head, "No, he was my first." Oliver was his only friend and they had just met he wondered if he really wanted to be his friend or if he was just a headache. He didn't have to hang with him so he must have wanted to be his friend. The things he worried about were odd but he just wanted to be excepted in this new town.

Travis looked over his shoulder at Ivar, to make sure he wasn't listening. "My parents are missing." He picked at his thumb. "That's why I am here with Aunt No, they couldn't find anyone else to take me. I am thinking magic has something to do with this."

"And maybe that ghost can tell me more about my family? I never questioned why my parents never talked about there families." He couldn't help but worry for his parents they might be in danger. Ollie knew more then he did he was going to need him.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
Oliver went still at the mention of long gone parents. Missing. That wasn't new around here. Magic wasn't either. It could be possible that the two were mixed up and he nodded silently at Travis before he turned to a cupboard to pull out a couple of old ceramic bowls. They were the type that always smelled earthy, no matter how often they tried to clean them. Oliver had gotten used to the scent over time. It wasn't like it really affected the taste of the food, anyway.

"The ghost?"

Oh right. It seemed to know Travis. He knew what family he was from. Maybe it was a psychic ghost though! Or a malevolent one trying to trap him!

"Maybe," he said slowly. "But you have to be extra careful when dealing with magic and ghosts, okay?"

Travis Rha

Travis watched as Oliver moved to the cupboard grabbing some bowls out. Travis could tell Ollie wasn't joking around. "Well I think that's a given but where do you think I can get information on my parents?"  He was new so he had no ideas where to start, "Maybe the hall of records? You think that's a good place to get started?" He wasn't good at the Scooby Doo mystery stuff.

He continued to watch Oliver prep the food, He tried his best to stay out of his way. He wondered why Ollie was with Ivar and if he liked it The man looked like a creep. Travis didn't really trust him he did, however, trust Oliver.

"Shit! Aunt No is going to have a fit. She might have the whole police force out looking for me." He hadn't thought to call her when he got out of school and now it was dark and a creepy fogs took over the town. "I should call her."

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"Maybe."

Or... maybe it WOULD be quicker to talk to the ghost. The only problem was, figuring out whether or not the ghost was telling the truth or not. Ghosts could be every bit as manipulative as adults could be! Er... adult HUMANS, anyway. Or adult... anythings, he guessed.

Once the bowls were laid out, he dished out three bowls of spaghetti. It wasn't, like, the tastiest thing ever or anything but Oliver was proud of his burgeoning cooking skills. They wouldn't have been so necessary if it weren't for his desire to eat more than takeaway and things that came in a cardboard box.

"Oh yeah... You probably should. She might think something happened to you." He edged a bowl over to Travis. "But eat before it gets cold. Cold spaghetti is disgusting."

Travis Rha

Tavis took the bowl that was pushed his way. "I'll call her after I eat. Thanks for the food." He tried not to laugh at the way he said,  "Cold spaghetti is disgusting." It was true it's just the way he said it made him laugh.

He ate it up it was good to his surprise, Not to hurt Ollie's feeling but he didn't expect that. "This is really good." He said as he took the last bite of his spaghetti. "You must teach me." He praised Oliver.

"Excuse me, while I call Aunt No," Travis said as he walked to the corner of the kitchen, sure he was going to get yelled at.

• Knight
  • 123 posts
  • Ollie Ollie Oxen Free!
  • 5'9"
"I know," he said with an amused glint in his eyes. He was good and he knew it. He glanced over at Ivar, who wasn't saying much. Finishing up his own bowl, Ollie took the two bowls over to the sink and ran the water over them. While Travis moved to a quiet place to call his aunt, Ollie drifted into the living room and perched on the arm of the couch.

"You don't really think a ghost got him, right?"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D