Early morning meeting

Started by Tobias Keene, Mar 17, 2020, 06:45 AM

• Add a personal text!
  • Knight
  • 158 posts
  • 5’11
Well, well, well. So this was Pebble Lake!

Toby bent to touch the water, letting his fingers dip into the cold waves gently lapping onto the pebbled shore. Pebble Lake was aptly named; smooth, round pebbles surrounded the large body of water that extended out into the distance. He had already lapped the perimeter of the lake, following the meandering trail that had been fixed up for hikers and visitors.

It was quiet and peaceful out here in the early hours of the morning, and Toby enjoyed the calm. Back home, it was noisy and bustling at all hours. There were always plenty of people who needed fixers, mostly soldiers brought in from the front lines where they fought against the vicious hollow beasts that ravaged the small kingdom of the Fae.

Being out here, really, was a blessing. Toby knew that eventually he would have to return home but for a little while, at least, he wanted to enjoy his time out here. Hearing a noise behind him, he turned and scanned the woods at his back. Another figure wended their way through the straight-backed trees, seemingly unaware of Toby's presence. He lifted a hand to wave in a friendly greeting.

"Good morning!" Toby called, always glad for companionship--and to learn more about this human world.

K
@open

Lilliana Sandoval

Lilliana sighed as she walked through the trees, she'd heard of a lake when she first arrived and wanted to check it out. It was pretty early in the morning so she wasn't expecting anyone else to be out. Nearing the end of the trees, she could see the water. It brought a smile to her face.

Then she heard someone, narrowing her eyes she looked towards where it came from. Being polite, she waved back "Good morning." she replied, walking over to the waters edge and sitting down. Lilliana looked out over the water, still acknowledging the males presence. "I'm Lilliana. What's your name?" she suddenly asked, glancing at him.

She soon laid down, letting the morning breeze wash over her as she quietly listened to the water gently hit the shore.

• Add a personal text!
  • Knight
  • 158 posts
  • 5’11
It was a girl with fiery red hair! Toby had never seen that particular shade of red on a human before; this must be the thing they called... hair dye. Of course for the fae, there were no such restrictions. Their glamors made them seem normal—as Toby's made him seem rather plain and boring—but their actual forms were on the whole quite... glamorous.

"I'm Toby!" He replied cheerfully, watching her walking to the water's edge and seating herself. Then laying down. Wasn't she afraid the lapping waves would wash over her and drench her? Toby glanced at the lake, wondering if there was anything down there. He had no way of finding out, no one to ask.

Was Lilliana a resident? Would she know? Cautiously he approached her. "Do you know what's down there?"

Lilliana Sandoval

Her head turned slightly, "Hm?" She sounded, thinking of what he meant. "Oh, In the water. No I have no idea I just moved here." she shook her head lightly. "I'm sure you could always check yourself."

Lilliana looked back up at the sky, "Are people not allowed to go into the lake?" she then sat up and smirked, "Maybe theres a monster down there. One that swallows people whole and spits out their bones." She liked to mess with people but to an extent, she wasn't the kind of girl that pulled horrible and traumatizing pranks on people for fun.

Laughter sounded, "I really have no idea. What do you say we go have a look ourselves?"

• Add a personal text!
  • Knight
  • 158 posts
  • 5’11
"I've seen people swimming in it," he mused as he gazed out over the water again, disappointed to have found another person new to the town. Where were the ones who grew up here? Toby needed to find one, stat, and pump them for information. His knowledge about the human world was woefully inadequate for how much time he had spent here.

"But the water is very cold."

Toby frowned. He found that he disliked very cold water--a revelation he discovered here, when he accidentally turned on only the cold water faucet in the shower once. He disliked that intensely. And from touching the water earlier, he knew that it was icy. After all, it was winter!

"Maybe we can lure it out with bread..." Fish liked bread. If they threw an entire loaf into the water? Would that draw out the creature living in it? (If there was one.)

Lilliana Sandoval

She laughed lightly, "We don't have to go in." she shook her head. "Would bread lure fish?" she asked and looked at him. "I thought that only worked on birds."

This guy seemed so innocent, Lilliana had a heard time resisting pinching his cheek because of it. She looked at him, "Mind if I ask how old you are?" Tilting her head, her eyes moved from his head to is toes trying to make a guess for herself. "Also, I heard the people here aren't normal. Are you like them? Or are you a regular human like me?"

She wanted to make conversation with him, hoping to gain a friend after failing a few times in the past few hours.

• Add a personal text!
  • Knight
  • 158 posts
  • 5’11
"I've seen people throw bread for fish..." At least he hoped it was bread, and not some other special fish-luring food that only humans knew about. Fishing seemed more of a pastime here as well, rather than a means of obtaining food. He didn't understand that about humans—their love of leisurely activities seemed rather frivolous.

Slowly he walked to the water's edge too and took a seat beside Lilliana, with a slight smile at her. "I am 25!" In fae years that was a little more but he knew that humans had a hard time coming to terms with any number over eighty. "And I am a fixer. Do you know what a fixer is, Lilliana?"

(It's been a while since this has been posted in, so I'm locking it.)

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D