Seek-Me

Started by Keith Hargrove, Feb 18, 2020, 10:21 AM

Tap tap tap

Keith looked up from the tablet he was perusing, hearing something--or someone--at the window. At the window? They were fairly high up; it had to be a something, surely. Uncoiling himself from the couch, he strolled leisurely over to the window and twisted the wand to open the blinds. Keith wasn't about the sunlight streaming into a room. He preferred it to be dim, just barely light enough to see by. That was the state of his own chambers back home; most rooms were lit by a fire in the grate, without need for artificial lighting.

His brows momentarily lifted. A Seek-Me, here? He opened the window a crack and it slipped inside, a small gaseous ball of random colors and patterns hovering just before him. Seek-Mes were messengers from back home, little wisps that were bred solely for the purposes of sending letters and items. He held out his hand to receive the missive he saw inside of it, but it danced away.

Hm. Was it not for him?

Keith watched it floating away in the direction of Rhys' room. Wordlessly he held out his hand again and forced it back. He crushed it in his hand once it landed, struggling, in his palm and watched the colors dissipating into a rainbow mist. The letter was magically sealed but it was child's play to open it. Keith smoothed it out and read it through three times in silence without so much as a change of expression.

After he had committed it to memory, he resealed it, erased his magical signature from it and summoned another Seek-Me. "Take this to his Highness, Rhys McCabe."

His tone was... perhaps a shade less than respectful.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D