O

Silly monkey

Started by Ogawa Koji, Oct 29, 2019, 09:20 PM

Ogawa Koji

(Sun started this text convo in Where's the party?)

Now now, you'll have to give me more details than that

Q

Sun Wukong

"If you insist, Aniki."

"As I continued my exploration into the intricacies of humans' sexual habits, I discovered an interesting phenomenon - the bathroom stall closest to the door are quite spacious. In addition to that, there is a man called Tobias. He has the aura of a shifter... yet I sensed something similar to hellfire within him. And his skin has been marked with binding magic which concerns me - it is potent yet almost undetectable."

Ogawa Koji

The first bit was useless to me but alright.

Hm. That magic. Did you get anything out of him about it, or is all you know what you picked up on?

Sun Wukong

"Context is important."

"He did not divulge much information. Whatever it is, he believes it to be dangerous. I cannot say if I disagree with him at this time. My knowledge of magic from other realms is limited. Based on my own experience however, it would be remiss of me not to warn you of this development. Binding magic could mean there is another like you, Aniki. That could be dangerous to all of us."

"Magic-infused tattoos - do you have experience with such things?"

Ogawa Koji

No. Summoners aren't uncommon, there are plenty around the world, even this one. Just, not connected to youkai and spiritual energy. I wonder, though, hellfire? Maybe he has a demon bound to him, but wouldn't say for fear of the prejudice or the fact that you aren't familiar with each other?

I've heard of them, and the closest I know is Takei using a bit of that kind of magic... However, he didn't call upon that magic himself so he wouldn't know much. Are the tattoos derived from the magic, or simply infused like you mention; do you know?

Sun Wukong

"I worry that if another attempts to make contact with youkai, they will not be as 'kind' as you, Aniki. However, to answer your question, I do not know. Even after I revealed I was more than a human, Tobias did not offer up any answer. Could it be possible he does not know if he bound?"

"From my cursory examination, I assume the latter. The magic is hidden among the artwork. Tobias did not let me examine them closer despite the events of the night. It seemed like bad form to push. I must not have performed the necessary number of sexual acts to be allowed to continue."

Ogawa Koji

Maybe, however, they're the ones who will likely suffer in the end. I won't be surprised if there are a few like that here though there won't be many, especially since a lot are exorcists and well... they hardly feel their use here.

There're a lot of hunters here and you're strangers. Maybe he doesn't know, or he's being extra cautious

Do you plan on meeting that shifter again?

Sun Wukong

"You might be right. However, there are those of my kind who will be dangerous in the wrong hands. And there are those who, if summoned, will not leave this realm until they have brought destruction upon it. I worry for you if that should happen."

"That is true. I forget the troubles of those who cannot hide themselves from curious eyes. How do they live like that?"

"Yes, Aniki. I feel... entertained by him. This mystery is fascinating and his body is exquisite. Once I have discovered if his condition presents a threat to you, I will make sure to protect you as I always have. And if Tobias is safe, I could introduce you to him. That is if you are tired of observing the domestic life of others."

Ogawa Koji

I know enough and seen enough to know this. You worry for nothing. If I need to get away, I can with all of you. Shige and the others are connected to me too, don't forget. I'll be cautious as usual, of course.

Learn to act, as far as I know. I guess it's hard to relate to since most all people can't see youkai unless they've enough magic to let people see them or have a human form.

Entertained, hm? Have you traded info? Thank you, Sun. You can have fun with him yourself, I'm not so interested in those relationships.

Sun Wukong

"While I appreciate your cation, I will continue to keep watch. You are hard to replace, Aniki. I do not want to test this out."

"I trust your assessment. It supposed, if I had to return to my realm, I would have to accept the myriad of eyes that will see me. I doubt that will happen. After all, our contract is carved into stone. And as long as it remains, I will too."

"Aniki, you know humans tire so easily. With every passing moment, time chips away at them. What we do... well, he provides me information and I provide him benefits."

"Of course, I am fully aware. I had to make the offer. It is only polite. Speaking of your interest, have you talked to Takei?"

Ogawa Koji

Well, I guess that's why you're good company to keep.

Do you ever miss it?

True. If you're getting what you want out of it without causing any trouble, I suppose I'll just say have fun.

The last time I was in town, yes. Why? Has anything happened?

Sun Wukong

"Of course. After all we are only as good as the company we keep."

"I do not. There was nothing for me there. I lacked the freedom to explore and grow. In this world, I have been able to explore more than I ever imagined. Humans live short but interesting lives. Youkai live. That's it. They live."

"I will try to be good. For your sake... and my job. I need to adhere to certain rules if I want to be allowed near children. I feel that did not come across as I intended."

"Are you worried?... No, Aniki - nothing happened. I was just curious. He's taken a special interest in a student. I am not worried but you know his past. It is a topic I do not wish to discuss with him. I am perplexed at his choice to get attached so to say."

Ogawa Koji

That's true, and so much more fascinating

Well yes, if your record isn't clean enough they rightly won't allow you anymore, even if you cheated your way in. What people actually see of you matters. Gossip can travel fast too.

And you should never try to. He's interested in all his students; he's always been good with kids even before, anyway. What do you mean though?

Sun Wukong

"Exactly, there are some youkai who cling to their stagnant life. I would not be surprised if one day they whither away from the boredom."

"You have no idea how true that is. There is nothing more desirable in a teacher's lounge than gossip, and extra strong black coffee."

"Well... I guess I will ask you then, Aniki. Takei carries the deaths of his students with him. Yet, he continues to put himself among children in a sociopolitical climate where gun violence is becoming sacrosanct. Did he learn nothing? Or is this a human trait - setting up the pieces of your future pain?"

Ogawa Koji

Seems true for many places with office type spaces. I wonder how much gossip my coworkers take part in

As far as he's said, that little fox of his convinced him to go back to teaching after he had fully healed and he timidly agreed to. It might be a different age group, but he enjoys being around kids and teaching even teens helps shape who they might become. Maybe it's more motivation.
Be a positive influence, and there'll be less likely for people like the one who shot up his class to exist.

Besides... what else could he have done? alone at home all the time, since the fox is his only close person who actually resides in Hazleton.

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D