Seeking Information

Started by Lucía del Castillo, Apr 20, 2019, 06:06 AM

The Hazleton Police Department is seeking witnesses to an incident in the old downtown core.

Gunshots were reportedly heard within the vicinity of 4th Ave and Wright St. Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Castillo.

Information leading to an arrest will be compensated.

-HPD

I got this covered. You don't need to poke around it.

Is that what you want me to tell the chief? A vigilante 'got this covered'?

You know what happened, don't you? Come on Gael, cooperate with us.

Seriously. It's covered. Tell the chief whatever you want.

I can't do that Gael. You know I can't. This is my case, I have to see it through.

And I don't want to have to go through you and your friends to do that.

Can you at least tell me something I can use? So when—not if—I have to take you in, at least I can tell them you cooperated?

Something you can use?

How about it's not something you or the force are equipped to deal with. This is more than the law now. They haven't written laws for shit like this.

So you and your friends are going to become the law? Without even letting us try to deal with it? We're not as incompetent as you all seem to think.

Where did I say incompetent?

You're not prepared. You don't know what you're really dealing with. Why can't you just trust me on this?

I do trust you, Gael. That's why I haven't brought you in for questioning yet.

I know you think
I know you're doing what you think is right, but this isn't the way. Law enforcement and your group can work together.

We can't work together! They'll lock me up in the asylum if they listen to anything I have to say.

Uh, no.
I know all about my Miranda rights.

Then try me as Luce. Not detective Castillo. Strictly off the record.

Off the record?

You're not dealing with humans.

Then what am I dealing with?