Scoobies hunting down monsters

Started by Lyle Duffy, May 22, 2018, 03:10 PM

"Whoa," he said breathlessly as he stared at the now sleeping wolf. His heart was still beating crazy hard, thinking about what that wolf could have done to them. A series of goosebumps popped up all down the back of his neck and over his arms. He rubbed them and gingerly stood with his weight on his good ankle. Stupid ankle, giving out on him when things were important.

"Wait, you think they'll trace this back to us?" Sam asked, eyes widening. "But we... we're just..."

He didn't even know what they could be taken in for but he could imagine Iris' dad doing it just to teach them all a lesson.

"Don't we have all the evidence we need?" Lyle said with a quirk of a smile. He gestured to the wolf. "He should stay asleep long enough for us to get him somewhere... safer."

"No way!" Sam stared at him like he was nuts, then appealed to Jae Ryong and Iris. "He's crazy. We can't carry that thing! And how's it evidence anyway? What if it's not a culprit but another victim?"

Iris Jones

"I have learned a lot from my dad so yeah I'm sure he will trace it back to us, he is one of the ones on the force that does the cover-ups. It's a race against the clock and him."

"Kids, I know but we know a lot and I don't need to be found out so let's cover our tracks." He father had some not so friendly friends that she and Sam were not to know of. But she was sure he dad was a bad cop. She has little respect for her father but fears him and the people he knows.

"We have to Sam, What will happen if we leave it here? We'll never get any answers. And I am sure he did this where is the other on that was attacking it was just the two it's black and white, right in front of us." She was with Lyle on this one, Sam was her best friend and hurt but they needed to get to the bottom of this before her dad.

Gok Jae Ryong

No way. He wanted to carry the wolf somewhere else? If it woke up and was still ready to tear their throats out, what then? Try putting it to sleep again, if it would even fall for that twice?

Yikes, what a scary dad to have. Jae Ryong didn't want to find out what would happen if they did get found out by her dad.

"Nothing's ever black and white. But... as much as I don't want to, I don't know what else we can do, Sam." he sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. "If it's another victim... Maybe we can figure out how to talk to it. Somehow."

"Where do we even take it...?"

• we are born in the slumber
  • Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"All right, all right," Lyle said, putting up both his hands to bid the other three to pay attention to them. "No more arguing. I have a plan."

Lyle was used to having ideas and plans. At home, he was the Idea Kid. He was the one who helped out his siblings when they needed some kind of cover story or somebody to help them with chores they hadn't properly finished before running off to have time. Lyle was used to covering tracks, too--and it looked like Iris was, too. Lyle put his hands together and smiled.

"We'll take him to my house. It's like in the middle of nowhere and we can keep him in the old barn. Nobody uses it anymore and it's way in the back of our property. What we have to figure out now is how to get him there."

He looked naturally to Jae Ryong since Sam was hurt and Iris was so little. "You gonna help me, pal?"

Iris Jones

Sam was outnumbered he could help them or it was up to him she wasn't going to make him do anything he didn't want to. Iris looked at Jea Ryong was he up for it? She could help carried the wolf just cause she was a girl didn't mean shit. But she might have to help Sam to Lyle's place. "How far are we talkin? Iris asked, maybe they could get someone with a car to help?

Other than that it seemed like a solid plan Lyle thought out.

Gok Jae Ryong

Nibbling at the corner of his lip pensively, Jae Ryong nodded decisively. "Okay." Right, no use arguing more. They should finish what they started. It was a little weird to think Lyle lived somewhere in the middle of nowhere, but that was convenient for them!

"Maybe you can help Sam while we carry it?" he suggested to Iris, stepping over to the wolf and looking down at it. For their sake, he hoped it was a victim, too.

"It's not too far to walk, is it?" If they were to carry the wolf and Sam had to keep walking on his foot, they probably didn't want it to be a long trek.

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
Lyle let out a laugh.

"Might be kinda far if you're used to city dwelling."

He was used to the great outdoors, though. This whole forest was like his backyard growing up. But since they seemed so concerned, he looked down at the wolf, hands on his hips. They could work with this thing, though. Lyle might be able to carry it on his own but probably not. It wasn't exactly a tiny wolf and it had to easily weigh more than the hay bales he hefted around the farm.

"It's west of this forest. You know that old farm the bus passes to bring you to school? It's that one." He leaned down to pick up his half of the wolf. He was even being generous, taking the head in case it woke up. (But he didn't think it would--it was pretty knocked out). "That too far for you?"

Iris Jones

The walked a lot of the time or they rode their bikes so the farm wasn't really like out of the picture. This was doable they just needed to hurry it up. Time could be the most important thing right now Iris helped Sam along as the other two took up the wolf. "Wait," She took off her belt." Let's use this as a muzzle for the wolf." She could see it now waking up halfway there and bitting Lyles arm off.

Yeah, she was tiring to avoid any accidents that could be avoided. Better safe than sorry. Once she had it's wrapped up pretty tight she joined Sam again helping take the weight off his hurt ankle. "You know you might want to have it looked at." Iris looked down at his ankle she knew his dad wouldn't take him to the clinic even if he needed to so it was up t her to make him go.

She cared about Sam and she worried about him and his home life. It seems like Sam's dad was drinking more and more the older Sam got. It hurt her so bad inside to see the hurt they carry and it hurt even more not knowing how to make it better. If she called CPS it would be worse it's not like his dad got violent all the time and Sam was good at hiding. Just a few more years then they could get jobs and move out and leave all this behind them.

Gok Jae Ryong

"No it's not that bad a walk." Jae Ryong was somewhere in between lazy teenager and kid who liked to hike-- it varied depending on how he felt. And if it was raining. Rain wasn't happening and he didn't want to argue more so pick up his end of the wolf was his decision.

"Oh that's smart." he grinned at Iris.

He glanced back at Sam's ankle before starting to walk again. "It looks like we got more questions than answers so far."

Closing in on the barn, Jae Ryong looked the wolf over as they neared where it would be placed. "This might be mean, but I kind of hope it's a victim. I don't like assuming the worst." he smiled gingerly. Maybe he was being optimistic (was that optimistic)?

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
"How's that mean? You're just hoping he's not a bad guy. Or... she...?" He hadn't really got a good look at the animal's nether regions but he wasn't going to push it. Inside the barn, Lyle finally gave himself and Jae Ryong a break by setting the wolf down against one of the bales of hay. Venturing further inside the darkness of the barn, Lyle felt around on the tool table for the old gas lantern he used out here. Once the barn was illuminated, he brought it over to the others.

"I don't want to... imprison it but it might be a good idea to trap it so we can question it when it wakes up. If it shifts." Be kinda funny, he thought, if the wolf turned out to be less paranormal and more... normal.

Iris Jones

Iris helped Sam set on a nearby haystack, "I agree we need to keep ourselves safe until they change back." She sat with Sam lifting his foot up rolling his pant leg up to see how bad it was.

She was leaving it to the others to set up whatever trap or cage they had in mind. This was Lyles born so he knew what he had and didn't. This was so weird she never piked him for a farm boy. Iris looked over Sam's ankle it was visibly swollen she couldn't tell if it was sprained or fractured he would need an x-ray for that. Sam was in no shape to walk anymore so they would have to get a ride to get him to the ER. The likely call would be Ethan, Sam's so-called father. He was probably in a bar drunk and passed out.

Gok Jae Ryong

"True." he hummed shrugging. He didn't really know what he meant. But, well, Lyle was right. There wasn't much to say after they set the wolf down so Jae Ryong looked the wolf over curiously, thinking about all they just saw.

"Mm... So we just wait 'til they wake and see what happens then?" They were all in the barn with it and hopefully it wasn't malicious.

Glancing over at Iris and Sam, he pursed his lips worriedly. "What can we do about your ankle now? It probably shouldn't be left alone?"

Tsukiko Lawson

When she finally came to, all she could see was faint outlines of objects. She quickly stood up, covering herself as best as she could with her arms. Cautiously she made her way around. "Hey!" she called sharply. Someone had to have brought her there, and closed her in. Unaware of their intentions, she was feeling anxious, but masked it with anger. "You can't just leave me in here without any clothes!" She slammed her hands on the doors to the barn.

Although there was no response, she heard breathing. "Hey!" she growled. "I don't care who you are, or think you are." She took a deep breath, attempting to calm herself. "But you probably don't want to piss off a cornered werewolf. Get me what I want, and I won't attack you." It was a suggestion, but her stern tone made it sound like an order. "And no; I don't care if I have to wear plaid!"

((Feel free to have had them go off an tend to Sam's ankle or whatever. I tried to keep it vague so you guys could decide how late/early it is. I couldn't make up my mind. Too many options. D: Also let me know if I need to make any edits.))

• Bishop
  • 169 posts
  • Farmer Boy
  • 5'8"
Sam was gone. Iris and Jae Ryong had left with him to have his ankle looked at and treated. Lyle, meanwhile, stayed behind in the old barn. He did his best to make things as comfortable for the wolf as possible. It seemed so deeply asleep that all he had to do was find a secluded part of the barn to lay the wolf down. Some people would have said it would've been smarter to trap the wolf properly in a cage or something but the old barn would have to do.

While the wolf slept, Lyle crept back into his house and raided the kitchen for a few things. Truthfully, he wasn't sure what a feral, angry wolf might want to eat when it woke up, so he chose a number of things and threw them all together in one of his dad's old coolers. He headed back out. Dawn approached--he could hear the world around him coming to life. Songbirds were out, the sky was slowly staining itself from ink black to a pale grey.

When he arrived at the barn, there was shouting a banging. Lyle paused for a moment. Then he started forward again. Once he was closer to the barn door, he put a hand to it.

"I forgot clothes," he admitted, "but you can have my jacket if you want. Just don't maul me when I open up, okay?"

Tsukiko Lawson

"I'm angry, not homicidal," she snapped back, having taken offense. "It better cover everything, and eyes up at the sky, or I will make you regret this." She took several steps back, into the shadows, and tried to hide herself behind something, in case he looked. "You'd think I was a monster," she mumbled grumpily while she waited for the door to open. When it finally did, she ducked down, behind something. "Once you've thrown the jacket, close the doors and turn away."

When he gave her some space she quickly slipped the jacket on. "I'm going to need shorts or something; there's a draft," she grumbled. "You really didn't plan this out very well, did you?"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D