Hit the dance floor running

Started by Logan Go, Aug 02, 2017, 12:49 PM

• Looking for some trouble tonight
  • Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
This was all so weird. It was stepping into foreign territory. What he wouldn't give to just find the nearest pretty girl and take her home. Except that he'd made a bro promise to his bro and while he was pretty sure Sean would have made allowances for him if he managed to pull a hot girl... Logan sort of wanted the bro time. Just not weird bro time. Just not... that weird stuff back in the club.

Why was this even happening now, of all the time for it happen? It wasn't like they were new to this scenery or to one another's moves. So why now? Why now was it making him into some flustered middle school kid? Shit. Running a hand through his hair, he jolted at the sudden sound of Sean's voice. Turning his head, he saw  that Sean had come out and looked like he was about to do... something. Probably give him a headlock or something.

"I was!" he said, almost defensively. "But then I..."

A list of ideas flitted through his head, none of them sounding particularly like Logan. Too hot in there? It was hotter on stage. Too loud? He practically lived in this type of environment even before picking up the job. Too many people? Yeah right. Everybody who knew Logan knew he loved people, the attention, the feel of them around him.

"I started to feel a little dizzy. Probably had one drink too many."

...Even that one sounded lame falling from his mouth. God damnit.

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
"One drink too many," Sean repeated incredulously, raising his brows. Uhhh... yeah... That wasn't a good explanation at all. If two girly blue drinks made Logan Go dizzy, Sean was a virgin. And he was definitely not one, therefore, Logan was a big fat liar.

Approaching him, Sean reached out and casually punched Logan on the side of the arm. "I think those drinks turned you into a chick," he added with a quick grin, trying not to read too much into the falsehood or the fact that Logan had something to hide. Whatever it was... Sean probably didn't want to know.

He and Logan weren't the secretive types; usually not even a lot of thinking was involved between them. If Logan felt the need to cover up, then fine, let him. Sean was hungry, tired, in need of a beer and slightly disturbed by his earlier relief at finding Logan outside. He needed food, not secrets.

"C'mon, girly man, let's go. I'm starving!"

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
God, he wished he'd come up with something better! Now it was too late; he'd already made up a shitty excuse and he could tell that Sean could see right through it. Sighing, he ran his hand through his hair again. There were better excuses. Even I just needed some air would have been a better one. Sure, it wasn't everyday that he needed to get away from people but it was vague enough to... probably prompt more questions from Sean. He let out a long breath and shot Sean a look.

"Hey, for all you know, somebody could've slipped something into it!" he declared, which wasn't funny and he hoped to hell it was nothing like that. Now that he thought about it, though... What if somebody did? Logan heard about those people who drank something funny and then ended up doing some crazy weird shit for the person they'd suddenly fallen in love with. Oh god, what if he drank what was the equivalent of a love potion? It would explain so much!

Except...

It wouldn't. Unless he drank it a while ago.

As in, not tonight.

Shrugging off the thought and the horror of the other thought, he headed out to the car, yawning as he did.

"Maybe I'm just hungry or coming down with something. You don't know."

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
Sean snorted through his nose. "Yeah, cause they need to slip you a roofie to get you naked, right?" Not like Logan wasn't stripping anyway! Not like he took off clothes for a living or anything!

Sighing at the new level of weirdness that was beginning to settle over them, Sean grabbed Logan in an affectionate headlock and maneuvered them both towards his car. "Okay whatever! Let's just get some Chinese takeout and a twelve-pack and... not talk about why you're being all weird tonight." He shot a clearly meaningful look at Logan before releasing him, so that he could unlock the Mustang and get into the driver's seat.

"I think Wing's is the only place open right now," Sean mused as he glanced at the time. Oh yeah--it was close to one in the morning. Most places that were open were either sketchy or not Chinese and Sean had a bad craving for orange chicken at the moment. He pulled smoothly out of the parking lot, remembering only half-way out onto the street that he hadn't put on his seatbelt yet.

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
"Shuuut up!" he said with a mock scowl. Although he saw the headlock coming miles away, he still didn't quite make it away from Sean before it came. This was what happened when he made friends with people as tall as he was! They could give as good as they got. None of that happened with the shorties! Logan jerked his head aside and lifted his hands to Sean's arms... like two seconds before Sean went ahead and let him go. Logan shook his head and ran a hand through his hair to fix it, shooting a look in Sean's direction.

He couldn't exactly argue with Sean's accusation. He was being weird tonight, although he was sure it was some temporary spazz thing. Nothing to fret over or anything like that.

"I can agree to that," he said, glad to just drop the subject. He even raised a bro fist to show that they were still cool after he slid into the vehicle along with Sean. See? Nothing too out of the ordinary. Everything was normal again. Logan followed Sean's gaze to the time and half grinned. Yeah, Wing's was the only place worth eating at this hour. The other choices were poor and would end up with them hugging toilets in a few hours. Logan sat back and strapped himself in before noticing that Sean was still decidedly unstrapped in. Logan raised a brow and patted Sean on the chest with the back of his hand.

"Living on the wild side now or what?"

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
"Dude, I'm a total wild man! Some days I mix two different kinds of protein powder in my protein shakes!"

And that was just too wild.

Sean laughed as he swatted Logan back on the chest, and then used the same hand to pull on the seatbelt. It didn't really go on right and he had to adjust it at the next red light but it was no big deal. No cops around the corner singling him out, he was golden. He did also turn to Logan and batted his big old lashes at him. "But thanks for worrying about me~"

Luckily Wing's wasn't far. Nothing was 'far' in a tiny place like Hazleton, for which Sean was thankful because he might have died of hunger otherwise. "I'm getting the orange chicken," he said as they pulled up a few blocks later. "And... spring rolls or no spring rolls?"

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
Two different kinds of protein at once! Logan only laughed at the thought of that being wild. Truthfully, he had done it before, but normally when he was running out of one and needed more but had no time to rush to the store. So yeah, right. If that was wild, they were the wild twins right here. Logan slightly rolled his eyes but he was grinning at the same time.

"Oh shut up."

He wasn't worried. He just didn't want Sean getting pulled over. Or sent off to jail. Not that they would. For a seatbelt violation, they'd probably just fine him but then there would be the whole court date BS if he decided to fight it and... Ugh, it was just annoying to deal with. Not... not that Logan knew from personal experience. (He did.)

"Definitely spring rolls, bro!" Logan said, as if it was a given. All the food, all the time. That was practically his motto. "And you better just make it a double on that orange chicken because now you got me craving it. Don't forget dumplings, too!"

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
"Hell yeah!" Sean Approved--with a capital A--of spring rolls. The more food, the better! There was no such thing as 'too much food' for Sean anyway.

As he slid his car up to park curbside in front of Wing's, he nodded more approval at the suggestion of dumplings. "I would NEVER forget dumplings, man," he said as though disappointed in Logan--in the fact that Logan thought he'd leave out the best side-dish at Wing's. "Okay I'll be back soon. Anybody tries to drive off with my car, you know what to do."

With a grin, he slid out of the driver's seat and dog-trotted into the restaurant. The storefront was a little dingy and the interior was probably worse, but the food was the real deal. Sean gave his order to the pretty waitress and hung out while they prepared his order. It took a surprisingly short amount of time, and then he was heading out with a bag bulging with takeout boxes, extra fortune cookies and a slip of paper with the waitress' number on it, which he flapped in Logan's face as he got back into the car.

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
"Yeah, yeah."

Bite them. Chase them down. Whatever it took. Logan smirked to himself at the thought of doing it. He could only imagine the surprise on the face of some hapless passerby. Or idiot that tried to steal Sean's car. They were kinda in the worse part of town. Not that Hazleton really had good parts these days. Logan wondered sometimes why he was still here, what he was trying to accomplish. Then he remembered Sean.

Tapping on the window in time to the music on the car radio, he stared out the window, watching for his friend. It didn't take as long as he was expecting and he jolted back to reality when he saw a familiar form leaving the dingy restaurant. He's got long legs. Duh. He was tall. I have long legs, too, he thought, almost defensively as he sat up straighter and then stared as a paper was wagged in his face.

"What now?" Logan reached for the slip of paper, which was conspicuously written in girly handwriting with a phone number on it and the name Hannah on it. Logan snorted and flicked it back in Sean's direction. "Can you go anywhere without grabbing a number?"

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
"...hmm..." Sean actually gave that serious thought. Then he grinned irreverently and pocketed the slip of paper. "Nope. I'm a total chick magnet."

Which was true of both himself and Logan, so the title wasn't all that impressive. It was amazing what a big smile and a little confidence could do for a guy. Well, that and height... and muscles... and not looking like a complete troll. Okay, so a lot more than a smile and confidence was needed but they helped!

He settled the bag of food in the rear of the car and then turned the key in the ignition, remembering this time to pull on his seatbelt--with a pointed look at Logan--before swerving out of the spot. Good thing about it being so late was that there were hardly any cars on the road. "Let's go to your place," he suggested as they zipped off down the street. "Mine's... messy."

More like a war zone, since he'd just moved in and was 'unpacking' by taking everything out of boxes and assuming that they'd find their right place... eventually.

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
"You're not the only one, okay?"

No way was he letting Sean think he was the only one around here who could nab a pretty girl's digits! Logan could get plenty of girls, with or without a wingman. In fact, he'd pulled a really pretty girl the other day. Had fun with her a couple of times, as a matter of fact. Nothing serious seemed to come of it, which suited Logan just fine. The idea of being in a serious relationship while also stripping just sounded like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Logan raised a brow at Sean's Very Obvious Stare as he buckled up. What? So he was about that safety shit. Sue him. As if he'd been buckled back home driving around the wilds, though. Not something he was going to share, though. Then he'd look like a downright hypocrite. (Because he sort of was? But also because he had experience in crashes, okay!)

"Fine, fine. But mine's not a lot better, I bet." At least it wasn't a sea of boxes, though.

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
Sean smirked and withheld comment, mostly because he knew it was true. He wasn't the only chick magnet around town. That was fine, though. Not like they were actually in competition with one another. Their friendship was stronger than some chick at a club. From practically the first second that they met, they were friends. Sean couldn't remember a time when Logan wasn't by his side, pulling stupid stunts alongside him or helping him pick up a chick. They were... bros. Almost brothers, really, just from different mothers.

"Gotta be better than mine, I'm swimming through boxes just to get to the bedroom man," he sighed, veering left to the liquor store to pick up some beer. That done, it was a short ride to Logan's apartment, bag of takeout in one hand and the 12-pack of beer in the other. Sean leaned up against the wall to wait for Logan to open the door and then stepped inside to familiar surroundings. He'd been here more times than he could count and immediately plonked the food and beer down onto the dining table, after shifting aside some fliers and papers.

"I. Am. Starving!" Sean ripped open the bag--without bothering to untie the knot made by the handles--and grabbed a spring roll from one of the boxes. He crammed it into his mouth as he reached for a beer. Plates? Utensils? What the hell were those? Sean was a manly man. He ate with his bare hands!

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
"Meeeeee, too!" Logan drew the word out as he dragged a chair out and dropped into it. Sean was already tearing into the food like a wild animal and Logan grinned as he pulled a can of beer closer to himself and cracked it open. Even if his excuse was that he had a little too much to drink earlier, he knew it wasn't really the case. Two "girly" drinks weren't enough to make a guy his height tipsy. A couple of beers wouldn't be able to do him in, either.

The beer was considerably less flavorful than the drink back at the strip club but it was better than the super cheap shit he had been drinking and sneaking as a teenager. Logan always thought it was funny that everybody hated beer at first and then it became a thing once they hit their twenties. Like every social gathering ever had to have beer or it was a dud.

Unlike Sean, Logan actually used utensils to bring his food to his mouth. Maybe he wasn't as starving as Sean after all.

"So, you gonna call her?"

• Always DTF
  • Rook
  • 414 posts
  • Butts
  • 6'1
"What?"

Preoccupied with food and beer, Sean looked up with a dumpling half-way to his mouth. He raised his brows quizzically, then as realization dawned on him, his expression grew thoughtful.

Should he? She was pretty cute, although she had a babyface and Sean was more into the mature (and sexy)  type of lady. Still, it wasn't like he was adverse to cute girls. With his free hand, he pulled out her number and looked at the slip of paper. "Maybe?" He pocketed it. "But not right now!" Sheesh, he was eating here! Eating with his best friend! It wasn't the time to be calling up chicks for a hookup.

Chopsticks finally came into play once he reached the orange chicken, and by then he wasn't so ravenous that he needed to eat with his hands. Sean cracked open his... nth beer--he lost count after a while--and nibbled on the flavorful chicken bites. Under the table, he nudged Logan gently with his foot. "You okay now?" That weirdness earlier was unusual and despite his breezy declaration that they'd ignore it, Sean was worried. It wasn't like Logan to be so... off.

• Knight
  • 177 posts
  • Wolverine
  • 6'1"
Logan laughed.

"I didn't mean right now, you doof!"

Like he was going to tell his starving friend who was wolfing down dinner to call some girl right now. He was just curious. Logan hadn't gotten a look at her so he didn't know if she was even Sean's type. What was her name again? Heather? Hannah? Something like that. Somehow, Logan pictured her being very stereotypical because of it, which was hardly fair. The name Logan sounded like it was made for the big bully at school, built like a lumberjack. (Until it became associated with Wolverine... but it was still a brutish sounding name because of it!)

But people associated names differently. Like Sean would always be this Sean to Logan. He liked to think when Sean thought of Logans, he thought of him first, rather than the shit Logan himself thought of.

He began to eat in earnest as well, having forgotten just how hungry he was. They burned a lot of calories up on that stage. It was warm up there and all those moves took a lot out of a man. He took a swig of his beer and then nudged Sean back with his foot.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I probably just needed something to eat."

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D