Just South of Heaven

Started by Tak Gunji, Mar 16, 2018, 02:25 PM

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Gunji slowly rolled out of his bed, pushing the blankets back as he did. The wind was blowing the chimes he'd set up around the old farmhouse. Other than that, everything seemed so quiet and chilly. He reached up, running a hand over the side of his face, over his eye, into his mess of dark waves. His phone, on the nightstand, vibrated and lit up. He closed his eyes, as if that could block the sound from his hitting his ears. After a moment, he edged off the bed and padded over the table, picking the phone up.

Kiyo?

He looked at it with a slight tilt of the head. Then he read his snarky text message and frowned. Where were the others? The farmhouse, boarded up and in the middle of nowhere, was the ideal place to live together. But... that was before the group started turning on Gunji's perfect plan, creating chaos instead.

A creak came from the back of the house, a door opening. Gunji slipped the phone into his palm and moved into the hallway, then looked down the balcony onto the first floor.

"Ryder?" He grasped the railing with one hand. "Are you looking for Chul Soo?" 

Ryder Hyung

Ryder wasn't sure what the others were up to. He had just gotten back inside as he had been roaming the area.As soon as he heard the voice of his boss he looked up having closed the door behind him. "Chul Soo? I am not sure where he is currently. Actually I just got back from looking around. So I suppose we can try finding him. Is something the matter?"

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Gunji didn't want to say. When something was wrong in Gunij's world, he held it inside, close to his chest. Ryder's question was innocent enough but at the same time, it was loaded--whether Ryder meant it to be or not. Is something the matter? So many things were the matter that he wouldn't know where to begin even if he wanted to. Gunji pulled out his phone and looked down at it.

"It seems," said Gunji as he put the phone away, "that he's on his way."

Ryder Hyung

Ryder looked up at Gunji. "Oh he is?" Ryder wondered if he was doing something wrong by being at the farmhouse still. He wasn't sure if Chul Soo was going to be angry with him or if he was going to just disregard him all together. Ryder was wearing a nice blue suit and his hair was shockingly a bright blue having just dyed it recently. He stood there waiting for Gunji to tell him what to do. On the inside though Ryder was smirking to himself and glad that he wasn't smirking on the outside.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Gunji nodded, before he slipped the phone back into his pocket. It seemed as if Chul Soo knew something--or had something to do with--the strange uprising in the suburbs. That was what they were calling it right now: an uprising. Most of the vampires participating were in the Blood Ring but the problem was that Gunji had never approved of such actions and he had no idea what had sparked them. Chul Soo was supposed to be his right hand man and he had failed to inform him of any of this.

Hopefully, when he showed up, he would have an explanation.

Gunji came down the stairs, his hand sliding over the smooth banister, his steps slow and unhurried.

"Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Moon Chul Soo

Chul Soo made it to the farmhouse with his keys in hand he made his way to the front door. Once he opened the door he found both Gunji and Ryder there at the stairway his expression was stone cold. "So what's up Gunji? I hear you wanna see me, is something going on?"

He kept his focus on Gungi since he was the leader. Ryder was just a pawn and he wasn't sure what was said before he arrived. Chul Soo closed the door behind himself he was on high alert he didn't know if Gunji was on to him or not.

Ryder Hyung

Ryder heard the key in the door and didn't turn around to face the other cause he knew it had to be Chul Soo. He shook his head. "I have no idea what you are going on about. I think you might be a little itsy bitsy paranoid right now.....Maybe you ought to take some time off?" He asked as he then heard Chul Soo walk in and he blinked a bit. He wasn't sure what was going on that Chul Soo wasn't going to say but he knew that it wasn't his place.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
"I am not," Gunji said as he narrowed his eyes, "paranoid."

He didn't need time off. He needed more time. He needed more support. He could see everything he'd carefully built crumbling around him and he wondered--how long did he really have any control over the group he'd created? How long had it been in the hands of Chul Soo? How long had Chul Soo been orchestrating trouble and chaos behind his back? The one man he thought he could trust all this time. Hwang Ryeol. Except him, yes. But he had been dead. This whole time, Gunji thought he was dead. And where did he get off coming back?

One problem at a time.

He turned his attention to Chul Soo, who was acting as if nothing had happened. As if Gunji was too stupid to hear what was going on.

"What are you doing?"

Moon Chul Soo

"What do you mean exactly Gunji?" Chul Soo answered back with rather than answering his question. He wasn't going to admit anything but he did want to know what he was being accused off. This would piss Gunji off, Chul Soo playing dumb. He might even get violent and Chul Soo was fine with it. He was the boss and the leader and if he had to make an example out of Chul Soo so be it.

He didn't think he had it in him to make an example in front of his own mean, Gungi knew his time was up and he could walk away peacefully or come against Chul Soo. He just didn't know where Gunji stood at this point.

Chul Soo made sure to acknowledge Ryder at some point, he made brief eye contact hoping they were on the same page, Chul Soo really was in charge.

Ryder Hyung

Ryder was careful kind of what he said next. "Look, Boss maybe you ought to relax.You're getting all sorts of tense and it isn't good for you." He said as he looked at Gunji with a slight frown. Even though he looked over towards Chul Soo he noticed the eye contact he was still frowning at Gunji. Was the frown genuine? Of course not. He knew that Chul Soo was in charge now but he didn't want Gunji to know anything.

Ryder then sighed a little he was getting a little too worried about Gunji since he had narrowed his eyes at him. He knew that he needed to keep his  mouth shut for the time being.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
He took in a deep breath through the nose. Then his eyes slightly narrowed. Yes, he was getting tense but why exactly would Ryder say something like that? That it wasn't good for him? He was a vampire, not an elderly human being. It wasn't as if he had to worry about his heart stopping or his blood pressure. Gunji barely even regarded Ryder at that point, because he got the feeling through the change in the air that Ryder was not on his side and he knew for certain that Chul Soo wasn't.

"You know what I mean," he said to Chul Soo, hardly moving an inch, save for his chin, which slightly rose. "You've been undermining me since we arrived in Hazleton and now this? Did you think I wouldn't hear about it?"

Moon Chul Soo

"Undermining you? I helped build this Gunji! So how the fuck am I undermining you?" He walked over to Gunji and stood close looking him right in the eyes.

"Hear about what? What are you accusing me of doing? Starting the war between vampires and wolves?" Narrowing his eyes he stared Gungi down.

"Andrew Ryang, I heard a hunter took him out." Chul Soo planned this out to pin it on Ki Jun and the bastard refused his protection so it was him that was going to take the blame. 

Ryder Hyung

Ryder looked at Chul Soo with wide eyes. The vampires and wolves were at war? He didn't really know much but then as he watched as the two of them get closer to one another and then he backed away slowly. He didn't want to see this turn into a big fight so he placed one of his hands Chul Soo's shoulders. He then removed his hand slowly worried.

• angels fall first
  • King
  • 169 posts
  • blood ring leader
  • 6'0"
Gunji stood his ground and didn't flinch or move away as Chul Soo drew closer. Once, he thought of Chul Soo as his closest friend and confidant but things had changed over time. Something warped inside Chul Soo. He no longer had the interests of being a quiet and stealthy group that hid amongst humans without detection. Now he was acting out, doing something flashy. How were the humans going to bury this one, he had to wonder, without being buried themselves?

"Is that what you were going for?" he asked flatly. The news of Andrew Ryang being taken out by a hunter wasn't news to him, either. "They're banding together to find that hunter."

He stared Chul Soo down.

"Do you know which hunter it was?"

Moon Chul Soo

"So let them find the hunter and get their revenge." Chul Soo turned his back to Gunji and walked away.

"Why did you want to see me? I have things to do." He almost wished he gave Kiyo the OK to kill Gunji. This pussy footing around was pointless. Either he was going to do something or not and Chul Soo didn't think he had it in him.

He was sure Ryder would back him up if Gunji got fidgety.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D