Escapist

Started by Gil Namgi, Dec 31, 2017, 11:24 AM

"ACK!" Ben grabbed at his collar, as Marcus was dragging him backwards--hard.

"I'M--" Marcus stopped because both Namgi and Ben were resisting, and he finally had to let go before he decapitated his best friend with his own shirt collar. He whirled around, staring at Namgi with a mixture of annoyance and disbelief. "You-- You just-- You don't even--" His hand shot out again, pointing an accusatory finger.

"You don't even KNOW!"

He realized, at that point, that he was incoherent and (possibly) rambling and he didn't care. "Fine! Whatever! You two--you can stay here and flirt and--whatever! I'm gone!" Marcus thought he heard Ben calling his name as he fled, but he didn't turn around and he didn't stop until he was on the bus back to Hazleton, nursing a stinging ego and the beginnings of a real sore spot somewhere in the chest area. Near the heart.

How was he ever going to be able to go back to work after this? How could he ever meet Namgi in person, when he knew that Namgi was... Namgi?! Marcus buried his face in his hands and gave vent to a loud sigh. The only reason he even took this job was so that he could make enough money to see his sweetheart.

And now it turned out that he'd been working with his sweetheart all along. Who was also his worst enemy, ever, in the history of enemies.

He rubbed the sore spot over his chest but it didn't do much. Marcus looked out of the window. He had to finish this job, at the very least; he signed a contract and he suspected that the boss lady REALLY wouldn't like it if he just dropped off the face of the earth. It wasn't the kind of job one quit on a dime, either.

I'll ignore him! Yeah, that was the new plan. Ignore Namgi and when the job was over, Marcus would... He didn't know. He'd think of something! Maybe.

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D