Song of Pebble Lake

Started by Hanale Noem, Apr 10, 2020, 09:36 PM

"Do you wanna go swimming with us?!" Kylar shouted back to the guy--Cris. He was a stunning looking guy for somebody so shy. He looked like the kind of dude who starred on magazine covers with those eyes and that posture and perfectly styled hair. Seriously, he was almost too good-looking to be real.

Kylar glanced at Hanale, hoping he wasn't out of bounds. It just seemed like the guy was... he didn't know. Maybe looking for a friend. Was he all alone over there at his place? That seemed impossible, but here he was, stealing looks at that amazing inner tube.

On the one hand, it didn't give Kylar time alone with Hanale but... he was certain they'd have time for that. Hopefully. Oh shit. He hoped he didn't just fuck that all up by inviting the new guy to hang out with them. But no, no. He and Hanale had time enough. If things were meant to be, they were going to have more time together beyond this one weekend.

• Add a personal text!
  • Queen
  • 77 posts
  • 5'7
"That's a great idea! Come on up, Cris, we're having drinks and then going out on the lake later!" Hanale squeezed Kylar's hand since he'd gone a little awkward on him for inviting the new guy. Who... wow. Yeah. Hanale thought he was handsome from afar but up close, he was... quite the looker.

Not as cute as Kylar though! There was something about Kylar that pure good looks couldn't overshadow. And besides, Hanale wasn't so shallow that he'd let one handsome face lure him away from what he felt was a good thing. It was a very good thing that they were beginning to build here, and if he wasn't wrong about it, Kylar might be coming around to the lake house for quite some time.

"Oh I—" Cris seemed indecisive and definitely nervous. Ah, the shy type. "I'm expecting a friend," he said at last, in that thick European accent that—okay it was kind of attractive. For some reason accents always were...

"Bring your friend! Or let him come join us later!" Hey, the more the merrier right? He turned to Kylar while Cris thought about it some more. "That's okay right? You don't mind? We'll still have most of the night to ourselves. I'm not letting the neighbors take away all of our time together!"

"Of course it is," he said back. Kylar wasn't necessarily a jealous person. He saw that the guy was ridiculously good-looking, of course. But if Hanale ended up being more attracted to him... Who was he to be an asshole and stand in their way? Personally, Kylar was still more drawn to Hanale but that was because they had spoken together a lot more and his heart was already starting to beat for him.

"I asked him if he wanted to swim with us." Kylar grinned. "And I'm okay with that. He looks lonely, right? Maybe he could use some guy time with us guys."

He tugged on Hanale's hand. "C'mon, let's celebrate new friends~!"

• Add a personal text!
  • Queen
  • 77 posts
  • 5'7
"Yeah he's been over there by himself for the longest time. I never see anyone going into his place so I think he lives by himself." Could Kylar be more... adorable? So considerate! Of someone he'd never met before! That said a lot about his character, honestly, and Hanale was glad that he didn't turn out to be a selfish or pouting asshole.

"We'll wait for you in the kitchen, it's straight on through from the front door! It's unlocked, so come right in!" He turned to shout to Cris, who was texting somebody it looked like. Cris nodded and said thanks, and then Hanale turned away from the window. "Come on. Let's get our drink on! I'm parched!"

Still leading Kylar by the hand, he descended the stairs and made his way into the brightly lit kitchen. There was a fully-stocked bar there which Hanale slid around back of, and leaned against the countertop with admittedly a bit of a goofy smile, eyes on Kylar. He could hardly take his eyes off of him.

"What'll the handsome customer have then?"

Kylar couldn't imagine being alone for a long time; he loved being around people. People were his jam. He wasn't like, clingy and needy about it but he absolutely adored people. It was probably from growing up in his big family and extended family and all the people around him that might as well have been family, too. Everybody was family or friend to Kylar.

And so it was with the gorgeous new guy.

But he had to admit, he liked the way that Hanale was smiling at him as he slid into a seat across the counter as they waited for their new friend to finish with his phone and come join them. His heart skipped a tiny little beat as Hanale called him handsome, even with Cris in the picture.

"Okay, remember how I told you I don't usually do clubs and parties? I... I have no idea what's a good mixed drink and what's not. So... you pick! I know you won't do me dirty."

• Add a personal text!
  • Queen
  • 77 posts
  • 5'7
Hanale put a hand to his heart. "I would never do you dirty!" His boy scout image cracked a little with his grin. "Unless you want me to." Wink. Wink. Laughing he turned around to peruse the collection. A lot of them were pretty harsh for someone who wasn't a habitual drinker—neither was Hanale but he liked a glass of something to warm his stomach before bed. Usually because there was no one to warm his actual bed.

"Okay let's do a simple pineapple juice with a splash of dark rum!" Something tropical, since they were at the lake. He added a dash of grenadine to give it a reddish gradient from top to bottom—make it look pretty for the ultra pretty, ultra handsome customer. Hanale offered it to him, still grinning and madly flirting—unashamed, too, because this was what they were here for! To have a good time!

Cris appeared at the doorway, looking uncertain. His smile was shy too, and quite small. Hanale beckoned to him and gestured to the stool next to Kylar. "Come in! Have a seat! Can I get you anything?"

After a moment, Cris slid into the stool and offered Kylar a smile and nod. "Just a rum and coke please. Hi. Sorry if I interrupt..."

"I might..."

He might want him to do him dirty. Might. There really was no might, actually. He kinda maybe a little bit was dying to kiss him right now. With that smile, that grin. That laugh. Be still, his heart. Honestly, Kylar couldn't even remember the last time he'd crushed so hard on somebody before. Maybe because there was too much serious crap going on in his work life. Maybe because he did need a break and some time with somebody that wasn't family.

So Will and Mik were right.

Pulling the drink closer, he stared at it. "How did you make it do that? It's so pretty!" He was almost afraid to drink it but... It looked so good at the same time. As he lifted the glass to take a drink, Cris finally joined them and smiled. Kylar smiled back. It sounded like he knew mixed drinks. He looked so clean and proper, it was hard to imagine him partying. Kylar's image of party boys were the ones with the wild hair and tats and leather jackets.

"It's all good," Kylar said cheerfully, before taking a drink. And WHOA. The rum part was strong, though! He coughed a few times. "So you have a friend coming?" That was good. At least the poor lonely guy wouldn't be alone anymore. "We can keep you company until then!"

• Add a personal text!
  • Queen
  • 77 posts
  • 5'7
"Magic~" Hanale whispered all mysterious-like as he jazz hands waved them through the air, hamming it up because what else was he going to do? Explain calmly that the grenadine was a thick syrup so it flowed down slower through the pineapple juice and dispersed outward in a colorful and pretty way? When he could do jazz hands and say magic?! No way!

After making the rum and coke for Cris, he made himself a fizzy gin and soda and leaned up against the counter facing both of them, sipping his drink slowly. He laughed gently at Kylar's reaction to the rum—it did have a liiiittle bit of a spicy kick to it. "Easy, easy. Sorry, next time I'll put less rum in it."

Almost purely on instinct he reached out to lace his fingers through Kylar's, the one not holding the drink. Hanale wasn't even trying to show off or anything; it felt right. He wanted to touch him, to be near him. When Kylar looked at him, when he smiled at him and laughed with (or at) him, it made his heart soar. God, he knew it'd been a while since he'd last felt this rush but this time it was so strong!

"Yes, I have a friend. Edel. He coming from Spain." Cris drank his rather hurriedly, Hanale noticed. "Um. My English, it's not good. But I want to say. Thank you for... invite? Invitation? To... drink and. The beautiful rainbow."

He laughed. Of course, of course. It was magic! And let it be, because he liked the idea of magic. Of course he did. Witch blood. But this was a different kind of magic and he wanted to say so but... He took another drink--this time a slower sip--and let it burn down his throat. It went a little smoother this time, but he still lightly coughed after he swallowed.

His smile only grew as Hanale laced his fingers in his. It felt... nice. Warm. Connected. Affection was practically shining out of his face, but he didn't really mean for it to. It just... sort of bubbled up out of him.

Meanwhile, Cris seemed to be struggling. Not with his language, though there was that, too. But he drank like... he drank like somebody that drank a lot. Like he was very familiar with holding the glass, with the taste, the sensation. Like that one glass was not going to be enough for whatever reasons he had for drinking it in the first place.

"We're glad to have you," Kylar said, feeling somewhat sorry for him, whatever his plight might be. Are you okay? He was seconds from asking it, seconds. But he didn't want to bring the guy down if he was clearly already down. Maybe he just needed to chill and relax and have a good time. So instead, he laughed and said, "Yeah, that rainbow is something special, isn't it?"

• You have suffered enough and warred with yourself, it’s time that you won
  • King
  • 281 posts
  • 5'9
There was one bottle of very good tequila back at his place left and all the other bottles were empty, laying in a profusion across the dusty kitchen counter. Cris had been steadily drinking his way through them at night while he tore his hair out trying to come to terms with the fact that there was a negative balance to his father's account so damn big, it would take six thousand lifetimes to pay them off.

And that debt was now his, all his. Not even his mother wanted anything to do with this. She didn't have enough to pay off a fraction of it. All that money he thought he was coming into... all the money he spent, the tabs he racked up, thinking that he was rich and belonged with the elite, all of that was nothing more than a horrific nightmare now.

Cris drank his rum and coke very quickly, sucking it down but still feeling the dark weight of despair bobbing to the surface. He smiled stiffly at the other two, with their hands together and their eyes on one another. They looked so happy, so content. They loved one another, didn't they? That was love in the way they looked at each other, and they could barely tear their eyes away from the other's face. It was so sweet...

He was so jealous. Cris could never be that bold. Before he came in he heard their laughter mingling, their flirtatious words, and he almost walked right out. But they were so nice to invite him—and he knew there was booze here to help take the edge off his problems. The one called Kylar had a sweet laugh and kind eyes. Cris felt warmly towards them both.

"Yes. Very eye-catching," he nodded, unable to muster up a laugh. His empty glass was filled—this time with more rum than coke he noticed. Hanale's eyes were kind too, and full of understanding as he gently nodded at Cris.

"When's your friend arriving? Soon?" Hanale asked as he sipped sparingly from his glass.

"I think soon, yes." God, he shouldn't have told Edel to come either. He should have stayed here, all by himself, but he was so desperately lonely. He missed his friends so much, their faces, their warm laughter, even the wild parties. Kylar and Hanale were his friends now but they were still strangers.

Yet the thought of being alone with Edel made the panic bubble up more intensely than ever because out of everyone he left behind, he regretted Edel the most. Cris drank a large mouthful and swallowed it. "Are you two. Boyfriends?" He asked out of nowhere, curious, envious of their happiness, tongue loosened by the strong drink.

"Um..."

Kylar glanced over at Hanale with a tinge of heat in his cheeks. Wow, Cris didn't pull any punches, did he? But then, they must have looked like a couple, what with all the... the hand holding and such. Boyfriends, though... They just met. They were on a date, this whole weekend... it was a date, right? But boyfriends?

"Well, we're kinda--"

He cut himself off when he saw a cab pulling up to what he presumed was Cris' place. Watching through the window, he saw him waving goodbye to the driver. No luggage or anything, though. It looked like all he had on him was a backpack.

"Is that him?" Kylar asked. "Your friend?"

• King
  • 281 posts
  • 5'9
They looked happy. He wanted to say that but the boyfriend question came out--because he wanted to know. If they were happy because they were openly gay, if they loved each other without fear of judgment, without fear of scandal. Spain wasn't in the dark ages about homosexuals but being the son of a prominent figure made it difficult.

And... Jen.

There was a lot of guilt weighing Cris down, long before this money thing became an issue. Right now he wasn't in a good place for any kind of relationship though, much less a boyfriend. Maybe boyfriends only happened to people like these, so carefree and full of affection for each other.

He leapt off the stool as soon as Kylar pointed out the cab, and that all-too-familiar figure emerged with nothing but a backpack on. Shit. Cris set his glass down, heart thumping, vision tunneling. He barely realized that he was walking out, barely heard Hanale asking him if he was okay--if he wanted to invite his friend to join them.

Next thing he knew he was running down the driveway, across the lawn, and throwing himself at Edel with a half-wild cry of his name. He never realized how much he truly missed him until they were half a world apart.

• Add a personal text!
  • Bishop
  • 276 posts
  • 6'1"
A lot of memories came rushing back when he saw the old cabin on the lake. It had been ages since they'd last been here. Wild times, though. Seventeen felt like decades ago. The parties, the sex, the alcohol and drugs. Edel experimented. Of course he did. But he never really took to it the way a lot of the others did, especially Jaime.

He stared at the cabin, remembering the first time he'd come here, with Jaime smacking him on the back too hard and making him stumble. Cris' arm around Jen as he walked up to the front. Edel... Edel taking it all in. The beautiful views, the tree line, the glittering water. Now when he looked, he saw into the past. At a party. Alcohol and drugs in his system. All it took was the two of them alone on the deck overlooking the lake. All it took was a smile.

Edel turned when he saw movement at the place next door and before he knew it, Cris was knocking himself into him, throwing his arms around him. Edel's arms were around him too, tight. It was so surreal that they were in this place now. But it felt good to know that Cris was alive. He was in person. Not throwing himself into the lake, not hanging himself, not... not following in his father's footsteps. His heart shook a little at the thought; it had been hanging over him ever since he heard what happened. And it only grew worse, when he realized Cris had vanished.

Grasping the back of Cris' head, he turned his head toward him and kissed his temple.

"You bastard!" he said, but with affectionate. And then softly, "I've been worried sick about you."

• King
  • 281 posts
  • 5'9
For the first time in weeks, he laughed. It was kind of a half-crazed laugh but it was a laugh and it felt good to be something other than miserable and afraid. Cris held him so tight he was sure he was cutting all the oxygen off. That was okay because he already couldn't breathe, like seeing Edel knocked the air out of his lungs.

"That's your problem, isn't it?" He laughed, more freely this time as his own lips grazed part of Edel's jaw. Lips on his temple. It felt right. And he was too elated to see his best friend to really care how they must have looked to the happy and handsome couple next door. Cris already decided they were a couple; they had to be. They were too cute not to be.

Finally he pulled back, just so he could look at Edel. "I can't believe you're here. You bastard, you came with nothing?!" That backpack looked like it had maybe one or two changes of clothes. No bottles. Hm. Too bad. Last time they were here--at the tender age of seventeen--they were packing all kinds of fun things.

But of course he was joking. Having Edel here was more than enough and all of his former nervousness seemed to have fled in the rush of joy at seeing him here. He was a taste of home. "Come on. Let's get--oh shit." Cris paled. "The hot gay neighbors. I ran out on them--" He turned.

They were looking out at them from the front door of the adjacent lake house and Hanale was laughing and whispering something into Kylar's ear.

• Add a personal text!
  • Bishop
  • 276 posts
  • 6'1"
"Yeah, well, I was kind of in a rush." He was smiling though. Name calling came with the territory after knowing somebody as long as they knew each other. It was a sign of affection at this point. But yeah, there wasn't much in the bag. All he knew was that as soon as he had figured out where to fly, he was gone, grabbing the very next flight to get to him.

Hot gay neighbors, eh? Edel tilted his head and looked over at the pair in the next house, the one Cris had come tearing out of.

"Doesn't look like they're mad," Edel observed. If anything, they seemed pretty amused. Well, maybe it wasn't everyday they saw somebody go bum-rushing their friend for a hug. He turned his attention back on Cris. "You were saying?"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D