N

Something ill in the air

Started by Nu, Jan 02, 2020, 01:57 AM

• What don't you get about MEAT IS MURDER?
  • Queen
  • 363 posts
  • Diva on a Dime
  • 6’0
"Drag? It's so much fun, but I'm not going to do that full time. It's more like a hobby."

Luka had a lot of hobbies, certainly. His 'meat is murder' campaign, feuding with ranchers' sons, drag, his book club, his activities promoting LGBT rights... He dabbled a little in everything but he couldn't see himself focusing on any one activity. Not for the rest of his life.

The problem with Luka was that he was sort of scattered. There was no end goal for him, now that he had given up his dreams of making it on Broadway. Luka thought that was what he wanted—it was what he left home for—but then he got stuck here and his dreams faded. Part of him wished that he hadn't given up, though. Part of him still longed for the spotlight... but realistically he wasn't passionate enough for it. He had only been passionate in the moment, when the thought first seized him.

That was probably also why he couldn't hold down a steady job, either. Working part-time was about as good as it got for Luka. He needed money for rent, food, clothes. Money was a necessary evil even in a small town like this. He sighed and then shrugged. "I guess I just haven't found myself yet," Luka declared dramatically. Well, he was only twenty. What was the hurry?

Nu

Hmm a hobby? Well, there wasn't anything wrong with that. Drag sounded like a lot of setup as far as all the make-up and clothing and preparations for shows, so maybe it was too much for some people to choose as a full-time occupation.

Nu smiled. "You don't look like you're very old, so I'm sure you'll find what calls to you if you try enough." Tomorrow or even the next moment held no guarantees, but his own determination was furthered by this uncertainty. All the more reason to keep reaching, putting out your hand, grasping at what you desire in the yearning to finding yourself. If one job didn't seem to fit, to light your soul on fire, then on to the next, until the spark lit and ignited that passion everyone had deep inside them.

How long had it taken Nu? He couldn't be certain. Most likely years after his parents' death... once he realized there were things he could do to help ease the sting or distract him from the memory...

For a moment, his gaze slid to the floor, caught up in his thoughts before shifting position so his elbows were on the table, hands clasped together, chin gently leaning against them.

"What do you have interest in?"

"I find that's a good place to start." he mused.

• What don't you get about MEAT IS MURDER?
  • Queen
  • 363 posts
  • Diva on a Dime
  • 6’0
"Oh, too many things. Way too many things!" Luka sighed; that was the problem with him. He was tugged in too many directions. There was so much that he wanted to do, so many things he wanted to try. The world was big and wide and Luka had seen only a tiny, tiny fraction of it. He wanted to travel, to experience things, to be touched by beautiful scenery.

Instead he had settled here in the middle of nowhere, striking up a childish rivalry with ranchers.

Luka glanced down at his own hand, expecting to see the gold ring that his grandmother had given him before he left. She was the only one who understood him. And she told him to chase his dreams, too, no matter how grand they were. Try, try, try, she said, and he wouldn't have any regrets even if he failed.

But the ring—it was gone.

He stood up suddenly with a cry of alarm. "My ring!" Luka glanced all about him frantically, searching the ground for a sparkle. It was an old-fashioned thing of yellow gold, with a ruby set in the middle. It wasn't a large gem, either, so it wasn't worth much but it had immeasurable sentimental value. Luka grasped his hair in frustration; he didn't see the ring anywhere.

"I have to—I need to find—" he began grabbing his notebook, his sketches, his bag. "Oh my god. Oh my god." He was freaking out. If he lost the ring, he could never live with himself! That was the only thing he couldn't live without! Babbling some nonsensical explanation in his panic, he hoisted the bag over his shoulder, mind whirring over where he last saw it or had it. Was it this morning? He stopped by the Carter ranch again and then he headed to the cafe straight after. It had to be at the ranch, if it wasn't here!

"I'm-I'm sorry, I have to go!" Luka turned, grabbed Xiu's hand and shook it up and down. "I have to go. Oh my god. I'm SUCH an idiot! I'll-I'll see you around!"

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D