Double the trouble

Started by Aldon Huang, Apr 15, 2019, 04:24 PM

• Kiss me in the shadows of every spark
  • Bishop
  • 475 posts
  • Kenny Boy
  • 6'1
In a strange sort of way, Ken thought that they were like those fireworks. Niall was the light, showy and distinct and colorful and Ken was the shadow, preferring to be in the background, drawing no attention to himself. But when they came together—fireworks. Magic. Without the shadows, the colors couldn't be highlighted as brightly. Without light, the shadows became indistinct. Without each other, they were incomplete.

"No take-backsies." He wouldn't mind going anywhere if Niall was there to hold his hand, to guide him through the experience. Sometimes even Ken needed a helping hand, capable though he was in most aspects of life. He wouldn't have said that he lived much without Niall however. He existed, but he didn't come alive until Niall was holding him, warming him with his body and his presence and his smile.

Ken turned to look at Niall too, then leaned in and gently kissed him. "No take-backsies... ever again."

• sing another song for the lost ones, we're the ones who need it the most
  • Queen
  • 435 posts
  • Wooly Poodles
  • 6’0”
"Don't say something you're going to regret," Niall warned him, because with how wishy-washy Ken had been lately, it would probably kill Niall. It wasn't as if Niall was some kind of pillar of steadfastness, either. He went back and forth between things. He could be as flighty as the next guy. And he certainly had trouble making up his mind on things that really, in the end, had little consequence.

This, however, was not one of those things. Niall had been confusing Ken's signals for a while now but Ken saying that: no take-backsies? That meant something. Because Ken couldn't claim he meant anything else. He knew what Niall thought and not only did he not correct him with some new excuse, he said he wouldn't take it back!

Content with where things were going between them, Niall smiled and leaned his head against Ken's, licking his lips.

"What do you think of it?" he asked the sky. "About our first date?" He turned to look at Ken again because it was difficult to stop looking in his direction for too long. He lightly touched Ken's chin. "Hm?"

• Bishop
  • 475 posts
  • Kenny Boy
  • 6'1
The way that Niall licked his lips--intentionally or not--reminded Ken not so much of a wooly sheep as it did a sly wolf. Maybe a wolf in sheep's clothing? They all told him that that Gallagher boy was up to no good, that there was devilry dancing in his veins and mischief in his blood. He didn't believe them and was enticed by the magic in Niall's smiles, and now it was all too late.

"It's been... interesting," he said with guarded reticence, despite the warmth that crept over him as Niall's eyes found their way on to him. Ken's gaze never left Niall. He smiled, but wryly, as he reached up to catch Niall's hand and pulled it down into his lap to hold. Between being accused of carrying on an affair with his friend's new lover and the inevitable confrontation between the other two, Ken felt as if he was living through a daytime serial.

Ken wouldn't have said that he wanted this particular experience for his first date; however, not having a choice, he was content to accept it. At least they had a first date. And it was every bit as quirky and strange as their union so perhaps in a way, it was only fitting. They weren't a conventional couple anyway; their love story never did go along the same lines as other couples'.

Lowering his voice, he leaned in even closer--not that there was much room to be closer, but Ken found a way. "I think it would've been better if it had been just you and me." He didn't say it, but he thought it very sincerely: He couldn't wait to get home, so that they could finally be alone. Ken wasn't people-shy but there had been so many opportunities for intimacy that had been ruined because they were out in public.

• sing another song for the lost ones, we're the ones who need it the most
  • Queen
  • 435 posts
  • Wooly Poodles
  • 6’0”
"Oh my gawd, me too!" Niall immediately agreed, latching onto one of Ken's arms to drive his point home. "And it's not like I don't like your friends, because I don't but I always thought our first date would just be the two of us."

Who's idea was this double date again? Niall conveniently forgot, didn't care, whatever. They were here, that was the part that really mattered. Whether they were invaded by another couple or not, they were kinda alone now. Not alone-alone, but they were sort of in their own little bubble. Niall felt like that was always the case for him, only this time he had pulled Ken inside it with him. And Ken was somewhat more receptive to him than he had been in... since they'd met again, really.

Drawing closer, Niall planted a soft kiss against the curve of Ken's jaw and then another on his throat. "Do you think they'll notice if we dip early?" he murmured, eyes fluttering half closed.

• Bishop
  • 475 posts
  • Kenny Boy
  • 6'1
In fairness to Niall, this had very little to do with liking Gregg or Aldon. Ken liked them both reasonably well; one might even go so far as to say that he enjoyed Gregg's company. But this night was supposed to be about them, and a celebration of their relationship. In many ways, there was more on the line than any normal date.

Distracted by Niall's lips and Niall's eyes and Niall's proximity... and Niall in general, Ken took a while longer to formulate a response. "I don't think they'd even know we were gone," he murmured, sparing the other couple a glance. Seemed like he wasn't the only one preoccupied with his lover. Aldon was doing quite a good job on Gregg, from what Ken could see.

Grasping Niall's hand, he slowly began to rise. "Come on, if we leave now, we can beat the crowd." After the festival and the fireworks ended, everyone would be rushing for the parking lot; if they left mid-way, they were assured a clear path out. Ken could make his apologies to Gregg later. He was almost certain that Gregg would understand, given their similar situations. (And perhaps Gregg would even be glad to be left alone with his amorous, if jittery, partner.)

[I'm going to close this thread and we can start a new one if you want to continue it later.]

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D