You make this walk alone

Started by Kang Taebin, Dec 26, 2018, 04:33 PM

• What even is a life savings?
  • King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
Soon. Savas frowned. Soon, but not now? Savas could kill him right this instant if given the fox. All he needed to know was who and he'd do it. He'd do anything to get at that white wolf. But Josh seemed to have other ideas. That or he had plans. Savas watched Josh draw closer but didn't flinch or move away as a thumb swiped at his cheek. It didn't surprise him to see the blood that came off his face. It also didn't surprise him that Josh licked his thumb afterward. Blood wasn't just for vampires.

No thanks was needed for the comment. Savas only nodded slightly to let Josh know he acknowledged what he said. What they did was grim work and it wasn't Savas' favorite thing after the fact. But during? That was the thing. He'd always been driven by bloodlust more than most in his pack. Not feral; shifters didn't have a problem like that as far as he knew. He was just more... aggressive.

"Now why would you think that?" Savas drawled. Did he look like the type to back down? Fuck that; Savas detested the idea of backing down from a challenge. He was pretty sure this was because of his hesitation earlier, when they first started communicating. When he thought he was eviscerating an entire clan of shifters. But a werewolf of all things had to understand the hesitation there. Shouldn't he? They were far more pack oriented than most shifters.

"When you say soon, how soon is soon?"

• You don"t get me high anymore
  • Bishop
  • 434 posts
  • Feral
  • 5'10
Now, why would he think that, indeed? Maybe because most shifters didn't have the stomach for this kind of thing. Even some werewolves lived more like humans than what they really were—kings of the forest. See, Josh didn't have delusions about retaining his "humanity" the way that some of the others did. (Even Aldon, a feral, was disappointingly tame.)

In lieu of a response, Josh smiled again, a bit knowingly and a bit mockingly. The question was mostly rhetorical and anyway, whatever reservations Savas had, he got over them long enough to clear out the fox den. They were just animals. Useless fodder and food, really. Nothing was lost by their deaths.

"Soon. You can't just go in and wring his neck, the cops will be on you before you can blink." Josh's amusement was a mixture between a soft laugh and a half-derisive snort. "How would you avenge your parents' deaths from the inside of a jail cell? I'll be in touch, just be ready when I call you. If you do as well as you did today, I'll deliver that white wolf right into your hands."

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
"Right... human laws." He let out a scoff at the reminder. Human laws irritated him. Why should he have to live by them when he wasn't a human? The entire thing was unfair. Hazleton wasn't even made for humans; their law shouldn't touch the land. It surely shouldn't touch the vast stretches of forest around the small town. But since he knew Josh was right, he bit back his retorts and only turned away to lazily go for his clothes. He had business to attend to after this and he needed the clothes for that.

"Fine. You know how to contact me." He scooped up his clothing but didn't immediately start putting it on. He looked Josh over once, twice, then smirked before turning away and finally pulling his clothes on. Honestly, this sort of thing--killing and hunting--usually brought on the lust and he would be lying if he said he wasn't feeling it now. But to get himself all tangled up with a fuck buddy like this guy? Probably not the smartest idea he'd ever had.

"Just make sure it's soon or I'll go looking myself." Savas wasn't one for patience.

• You don"t get me high anymore
  • Bishop
  • 434 posts
  • Feral
  • 5'10
Yes, human laws and social constructs, all made to repress the beast within. What a load of crock. Josh didn't think that he had to obey so-called laws. He definitely acted like he was above the law and, really, when one was a powerful supernatural being with the insatiable appetite for blood and carnage to rival death itself... Maybe human laws didn't apply.

Not the barest hint of a blush graced Josh's cheeks as he was looked over in an obvious way. He loitered for a few moments to let Savas turn, but only so that he could shamelessly ogle his backside. Yeah, Josh knew the look. It wasn't that different from the look Rae gave him when he wanted some.

The thought of Rae made something inside his chest curl and seize. The feeling was dark, possessive and definitely not... human.

Josh laughed, however, the sound low and amused. Really? A coyote trying to make threats? Maybe it wasn't a threat as such, but in the moment, after so many fresh kills, Josh's human mind wasn't entirely all human, either.

Wordlessly, he stalked up. Reached out and grabbed a fistful of hair, aggressively bringing Savas close even as he insinuated himself into Savas' personal space. Even though the clothes, Josh felt an all-too-familiar heat. They were close enough to kiss, but he didn't.

"Don't forget your place, coyote." His voice was quiet, the half-wild light ever-present in his dark eyes. "You'll be ready when I tell you you're ready." Did Savas think that he could just get away with talking down to a wolf of Josh's stature? His nostrils flared slightly as he took in a breath, the blood and dirt and Savas' scent mingling into a heady perfume.

• King
  • 99 posts
  • Aggressive Coyote
  • 5'10"
Patience might not have been Savas' strongest trait but it seemed like it wasn't one of Josh's either. He probably should have expected some kind of retaliation for his tone but he didn't. Normally, Savas went pretty much uncontested in his circles. His father was probably the only one who could put him down if he was raring for a fight. Not so when it came to wolves, it seemed. Josh wasn't pleased with his impatience and he made sure Savas knew it, too.

Hair pulling, huh? Savas let out a growl. Though they were in human forms now, the actions were reminiscent of their animal selves. Josh was definitely trying to put Savas in his place, as if that place had to be below him by virtue of their species. Coyote. Just the way he said it. Savas pulled away from Josh, even though it meant letting Josh's hold on his hair remind him that he still held onto him.

What he wanted to do was snap at him but his human shaped teeth weren't meant for ripping out throats.

"And I'm just saying it better be soon," Savas repeated. Or he would go looking by himself, even if it meant something like this happening to Josh's damned pack.

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D