A

Hungover

Started by Aleka Kealoha, Oct 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

• Daddy shark doo doo doo doo doo doo
  • Rook
  • 120 posts
  • Paranormal Investigator
  • 6'4"
"Well, you see... I got remarried," he said. "Which I tried to tell you back there, but you didn't want to hear about it."

As far as Aleka was concerned, the lie was the truth from now on. At least, until Kaleo's work was done here in Hazleton. If even his son believed the lie, nobody could use the truth against him. The conversation with his wife, though... Kaleo's heart shrank at the thought of it. She obviously already thought something was up but to "confirm" it was the worst thing she wanted to hear...

Kaleo ran a hand over his own face and sighed.

"I was going to wait to tell you but since you want the truth, there it is." Except it wasn't. Ah, the work of an undercover investigator...

Aleka Kealoha

That's when a silent ring pierced his ears and then all of a sudden he heard the sounds around him again and he felt like a tinny ant in this huge world and he just got stepped on.

"SAY WHAT AGAIN?" Aleka shouted this as loud as he could not caring who heard them. "You better be playing with me. You can't just get remarried. Does Makuahine know?" He wanted to punch his dad in the face so bad he better be lying to him. See he knew something was up his dad was a freaking cheater and he did have another family he worst fear came true. He was his father's pride and joy well at least he thought he was.

Now he really wished his Makuahine was here he wanted to hug her she must be hurt from all this. Did she know the whole time and not tell him? Was she hiding this from him? How long has his family been broken? and He didn't know? Aleka felt sick to his stomach.

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
"I remarried." He put up a hand peaceably. "But listen, there's more to it than you know. I promise I love your mother more than anything else in the world. But this had to be done."

He knew it wouldn't make any sense to Aleka and he didn't blame the kid for being pissed. Honestly, some part of Kaleo was proud of him being pissed. He loved his mother way too much to let his "deadbeat" dad run off and cheat on his mother. Things would be hella easier if he could just explain everything but it was too dangerous right now. All he had to do was get this job over with as quickly as possible, get his family away from the chaos, and then... they could know everything.

Aleka Kealoha

Just pure disbelief filled his face how causal his said it, "Are they here with you?" Aleka looked around ready to fight.

"Things just don't have to be don't in life dad! Or should I even call you that do you not love me?" His voice got high pitched as the emotions set in. His whole life was coming down on him right now. He almost wished he was drunk again like he was back on the plane.

What was the point of living if his parents couldn't even do it?

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
"...They're in Hazleton," he said reluctantly, not wanting to tell his son the worst part of the job. He swore, his boss did these things to him on purpose. She could be a real bitch and she was probably eating this shit up.

"And wait a damn minute," Kaleo said, immediately moving forward and grabbing his son's arm and pulling him into a fierce bear's hug. "Don't you dare question my love for you. I love you, kaʻu wahi keiki." He moved back so he could look him in the eyes. "That will never be in question."

And it was true; Aleka could kill somebody and Kaleo would still love him. Nothing changed a man's love for his son, not in Kaleo's eyes.

(*My child)

Aleka Kealoha

They're! He thought as he was brought into a hug he didn't even try to fight it off his dad is a lot stronger than him. He didn't hug him back either Aleka didn't believe him at all not right now. His whole life felt like a lie right now this sucked big time way did his dad have to go mess things up!

In no way did he think it was his fault that if he stayed home and left things be everyone would be happier. His dad was a bad man that's what he was ripping his family apart for this another woman? How can a happy family go to this?

"Now I want to go home and not with you. I hate you right now! I want mom!" He sounded like a spoiled child right now and he didn't care. He took his phone out to call his mom fighting off tears. The kid hated to cry it was like showing his weakness.

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
Kaleo didn't take it personally that Aleka didn't want to hug him back. Poor kid was learning an awful lot right now and he probably had no idea how to process it. Kaleo just hoped it didn't mean he was going to do something stupid while at the same time knowing damn well that he would. That was how kids learned how to work things out and become adults. It was rocky but... Kaleo had faith that Aleka would eventually understand.

"Mom's coming soon," Kaleo said, not altogether excited about having to tell her everything that was happening, either. He finally let go of Aleka and watched him take out his phone.

"You might want to save some of it for when she's actually here. She might not like what she's going to hear, either."

Aleka Kealoha

"How could you do this?" He held his hands out by his side still holding his phone in one hand. His eyes here filling with water and he was angry and sad at the same time.

"I'm not telling her anything you are!" From they his dad was talking his they were both in the dark.

"Who are you anymore?" He yelled threateningly at his own father. He didn't know how to get this emotion out that driving him to see red.

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
"I'm who I've always been."

Kaleo raised a brow at his son. Nothing about him actually changed. It was just that Aleka didn't know what Kaleo really did for a living. That was the whole point of working incognito. Now his wife and kid were in town--that made things pretty damn tricky. And he couldn't exactly tell Aleka to stop calling him 'Dad' or that would spark even more anger.

How did he calm Aleka down at this age? It wasn't the same as when he'd been just an infant, when all he had to do was cradle him and dance around, singing silly songs and making faces at him. It wasn't as easy as tickling him or blowing raspberries on his belly. Babies were so easy to take care of. It was when they grew older, into thinking adults, that things got real hard.

"Aleka, seriously. I'm the same old Dad I've always been, all right? You'll see when I can tell you everything." He tried to put as much meaning into his tone and his expression as possible but it didn't seem like Aleka was catching it at all. He was too wrapped up in his own kid angst that he couldn't see beyond it.

Aleka Kealoha

"Start explaining then?" He folded his arms with the shittiest look on his face. Nothing his dad could say right now would change the way he felt. It was like he flew into the twilight zone and this was so bad show.

They were getting a lot of looks while Aleka shouted and made a show. The thing is if I was a bystander I wouldn't get mixed up in the two of them. They were both very tall and very fix so they are a scary bunch to break up. Nina, his mother she is a though on though she would jump in and put them both in there place right quick!

The crowd did keep a big opening around the two watching to see if they would start to swing. Aleka wouldn't hit his dad even if he wanted to it was his dad!

"Get me out of here! NOW!"

Aleka grabbed his bags it was hard to get the backpack on over his big puffy jacket that he had to have! He was really fighting off the tears now. He felt like he just lost his family...

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
"Aleka!"

Aleka was weaving and winding his way through the crowds of people to get away from him. Even with people giving him a wide berth on account of his size and booming voice as he called out his son's name, there were a lot of people staring and in the way. Kaleo took care not to shove or trip anyone but he was still quick.

He grasped Aleka by the arm before he could wriggle his way free again.

"Where the hell do you think you're going? Your mother's the one who told me to look after you. Especially with you pulling the kind of crap you did."

Aleka Kealoha

"Away from this I need to be alone right now and there are 100's of people here." He had the empty look on his face now he didn't want to show emotion anymore he wanted to alone!

"When will she be here?" He knew well enough his dad didn't know much more then him they had just met up then this snowballed. How could this turn out so bad when all he was trying to do was bring his family together?

The holidays were coming and his dad and mom were just busy and Aleka felt so alone. School and sports and friends just didn't fill the void he wanted his family back. Just looking through his dad he stood there just wanting to give up now.

They needed a private moment so they went to the car the walk through the airport was quite and throw the parking lot. Once they got to his dad's rental he tossed his bags in the truck and go in the back seat. Slouching in the seat with his arms fooled and his jacket was puffed over his face. He was tall so his knees are touching the back seat but right now he didn't care.

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
In the heat of the car, Kaleo sat down and thrummed his fingers against the steering wheel. Aleka looked like he was ready to hide from the entire world and like this was the last place he wanted to be. Yet this was where he had run to when he wanted to get away from his mother. One or both of them always seemed to come up a villain in Aleka's eyes.

Kaleo sighed and stopped drumming his fingers to the tune of an old 80s song.

"It's not as bad as you're thinking, Aleka. It's just a thing for my job, that's all. I'm telling you, I still very much love your mother and nothing's changing that."

Aleka Kealoha

"Sure that's what you say now, Until she texts you sweet nothings when you come back home." He had a smug look on his face looking at his dad in the rearview mirror.

"I've seen a change in you and don't you act like it's my teenage angst. My life was fine until this."

He had no idea what his dad really did but he could only imagine it was some kind of business deal. His dad making nice to get a good offer in.

"So does mom know?"

(Rin will jump in after your response to if she knows or not)

• Rook
  • 120 posts
  • 6'4"
"Ah, yeah. She." He rolled his eyes slightly, thinking of the insufferable man he'd been paired off with. Although resistant at first, Kaleo took it in stride, as he did most things. Might as roll with it and have some fun at his partner's expense. The problem was that... well, it was true. His wife didn't know and she already seemed worried that Kaleo was distancing himself from herself and the family as a whole. Kaleo ran a thumb over an eyelid and let out a small groan.

"No, mom doesn't know."

(EDIT: Closing this but let me know if you guys want to start a new thread taking place right after this.)

Recent Topics

Cbox

Affiliates

RPG Rating 3 3 3 RPG-D