Gotta catch 'em all! Poke--Demons!

Started by Joao Oliveira at Oct 01, 2021 5:37 PM
July 8, 2051
53 Posts

11Age
5'2Height
55 Posts

"...nah, I'm not mad neither."

And just like that, they were back to being friends, as if the big fight had never happened. Grinning in relief, Lee scrambled over to sit side-by-side with Matty and eyed the big stick he'd just snagged. The dragon eyed the stick too with some interest, tail waving through the grass slowly.

Lee waited for Matty to throw the stick; he didn't mind sharing his dragon with his best friend. They shared all sorts of cool stuff like stickers and cards and secrets. Now, a dragon. "Darragh said he didn't see a ghost inside. All we found was Ender and that weird guy." He glanced over his shoulder again, toward where Darragh and weirdo had gone.

"That guy's a big time demon I think. He made this big wind, and it blew Joao's demon outside."

Joao made an indignant noise. "So HE did that! My poor Brin was hurt!"

Lee frowned. "Why'd you send him inside anyway? Tryna spy on me and Darragh?"

"Trying to keep you safe," Joao said pointedly and acidly, giving him a Look. "Since you ignored us and ran inside without protection." 

"...Darragh woulda protected me." Lee prodded a bit of sod with the heel of his foot. "He's pretty cool. Maybe he can help you get a ghost later Matty, when he comes back."

0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
11Age
4'8"Height
53 Posts

Since the dragon--Ender--seemed interested in the stick, Matty grinned. He didn't throw it yet, though. He was too focused on what Lee said. No ghost--bummer. But the idea of the other guy with Darragh being a big time demon... That wiped the grin off his face. Looking over at Joao, Matty tried to suppress the urge to shiver. Big time demon. And it was the one that hurt Brin! Sucking in his bottom lip, Matty nibbled on it.

"Joao was right, though," Matty said. "To send help, just in case."

Even though Brin turned out way weaker than whatever was in there. He wouldn't have been able to protect much of Lee, sadly. But at least Joao tried. And he did it with the resources he had! Clearing his throat, Matty forced a grin back onto his face. Sitting there arguing and fighting wasn't going to help and anyway, if Matty stayed on Lee's good side, he might get a ghost out of it!

"Tell him if he finds a ghost to tell me first!" he conceded, before finally tossing the stick for Ender. "But make sure it's not a super mean ghost."

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
11Age
5'2Height
55 Posts

"I guess." Lee couldn't be mad that they were looking out for him, despite Joao's Tone. "And if it's a SUPER mean ghost, me 'n Ender are gonna protect you!" He grinned at Matty before turning to look at Ender chasing after the stick, although unlike a dog, he flapped into the air in pursuit. That was pretty cool, the way he effortlessly took off. Ender flew back with the stick and dropped it by Matty's leg, then nudged him on the thigh to get him to do it again. 

Lee eased back, content to wait for Darragh to come back. He was glad Matty liked the dragon, though, and that Ender liked Matty. And it was a big relief that they weren't fighting anymore because he hated fighting with his best friend. Lee glanced down at his own arm--the cybernetic one, disguised as a real one. And he opened his mouth to say something but thought better of it, recalling his dad's warnings. Maybe some other time. Matty looked like he was having fun playing with Ender; he didn't want to ruin his good mood. 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1