Unread Recent

Site News

Welcome to Battle Cry, a unique pokemon shifter fantasy roleplay! We have no word count, no application process, and we utilize character accounts. Read More! You can find all kinds of information there, including a list of face claims, current shift types, and more! Post at our guest help desk if you need any help!Don’t like the default dark theme? Try changing to the light variant!Sorry, but Battle Cry is now CLOSED.
1 [2]

Never Coming Home

0Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
A quote or lyrics go here!
56Posts
20Age5'9Height
“PERMANENT INK!” Crowed Daiki, with an evil laugh and a flourish that would have made Verdell proud. He snuggled own beside Luno, placated momentarily by both the hair stroking and the lack of someone telling him to ‘calm down’ or ‘make sense.’ Those two things just made Daiki even madder! But Luno knew how to handle him, which was why Daiki hadn’t tried to run him out of the caravan they shared (unlike his last three roommates...)

“I hope it never comes off! It’s really ugly and—“

The caravan door swung open at his last few words and a bored sounding voice said, “There’s about thirty people outside all fast asleep. I can’t believe you did it again, Daiki.”

Daiki flung the costume that poor Luno had just repaired at the stupid face that barged in without even a knock, but Doha merely caught it and folded it as he walked in. With an angry noise, Daiki shot to his feet—fully intending to give Doha a piece of his mind!—but Doha walked right past him. And stole his seat!

“Have dinner with me tonight Luno.”

“UGH! Creep! Luno’s not eating dinner with you! Stop asking already!” Daiki kicked him in the leg—which he also neatly dodged—and then tried to forcibly pry him out of the seat. It was a little harder than he thought it would be. Somehow Doha was stronger than he looked.
4Posts
21Age5'6"Height
Oh, he could imagine, and he was about to say as much--that he could imagine how ugly the poor crowd now looked--when the door opened without so much as a knock. Honestly, with the troupe members the way they were, it could have been literally anybody. But of course, it was Doha. Luno blinked but didn't stop stroking Daiki's hair. Not that it mattered. A second later, Daiki's temper flared up and he was flinging the costume Luno had fixed into the face of Doha.

That didn't work, either (which probably only made Daiki angrier... nothing seemed to go right for him.)

It was no surprise when Doha ignored Daiki and proceeded to take his place. Luno set his hands in his lap--he wasn't going to stroke Doha's hair! His gaze slid over to Daiki, whose retort echoed Luno's thoughts. No wonder; every time Doha asked, Luno declined. But it seemed like he didn't want to take no for an answer.

"I have a lot to do tonight," Luno said. "Maybe you should ask somebody else."
56Posts
20Age5'9Height
“Out! Get out! You are not welcome here!” Daiki finally managed to push Doha slightly off to one side, which he counted as a victory in and of itself. He kept pushing and pushing and finally Doha had to either stand up or fall over onto the floor; he chose to stand.

“I’ll wait for you outside the utility tent.”

“No you will not! Luno, don’t listen to him!” Daiki eyed Doha severely. “I know you’re up to no good! You can’t fool us! Now get! Go on!” Just because Luno was too polite didn’t mean that Daiki was! He pushed Doha all the way to the door and then tried to push him out, only to let out a low noise and yank him back in.

“What the hell are you doing Daiki?” Doha rammed into the wall from the force of Daiki’s pushing and then sudden pulling.

“He’s awake!” Daiki gasped. “Soreno! I think he’s coming here!” And then he dove for his bed and crawled under the covers, hoping to avoid detection—and the consequences of having drawn on someone’s face. In permanent ink.
4Posts
21Age5'6"Height
Why? Why wait for him, if he knew that Luno wouldn't make it there? Luno didn't understand the reason for the stubborn streak in Doha. How many times could a man be politely turned down before he finally got the picture? It seemed as if Daiki was succeeding in literally shoving Doha straight out the door... up until he decided to suddenly change his mind. Luno blinked, mildly curious and somewhat amused, too.

"...and you're leaving us to deal with--"

There was a knock on the door, startling Luno's sentence out of commission. Again, he blinked, then looked over at Doha. If he was looking for answers, Doha wasn't the one to go looking at. He didn't seem any more equipped to handle this than Luno was. Personally, Luno was content enough to let the person on the other side of the door keep knocking until they got the message and left... But that didn't happen. Somebody was every bit as stubborn as Daiki.

The knock came again and when it wasn't answered, a moment later. Luno tilted his head at Doha.

"Well, you're closer to the door..."

Then he heard another voice outside, presumably talking to this Soreno that poor Daiki was hiding from. Luno hid a smile behind his hand as he heard the voices moving further away from the caravan.

"Seems you've gotten lucky," he mused.

At least that was settled.

(OOC: wrapping up/closing things for your break, we can do new stuff when you're back.)
1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal