Unread Recent

Site News

Welcome to Battle Cry, a unique pokemon shifter fantasy roleplay! We have no word count, no application process, and we utilize character accounts. Read More! You can find all kinds of information there, including a list of face claims, current shift types, and more! Post at our guest help desk if you need any help!Don’t like the default dark theme? Try changing to the light variant!Sorry, but Battle Cry is now CLOSED.
1 2 3 [4]

Everything's a mess when you hide all the lies

0Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
37Posts
26Age5'9Height
Watch from the shadows, huh?

"Ero, maybe... maybe we should retire for the night," he suggested softly, since it sounded as though Seth had nothing useful to tell them. All he knew was that he had to protect Ero'yen, and everything else was a tightly guarded secret on the Queen's end.

"I don't like all this talk of people killing you..."
70Posts
27Age5'9"Height
Seth nodded at Ero. The only thing that mattered now was keeping the prince alive. He wasn't taking any chances here. His was very reputation was at stake. "True, but I'm going to make sure that end result isn't your death."
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes when I'm through with you
50Posts
25Age5'8"Height
"I suppose that's the point, isn't it?" Ero said to Seth with a sigh. He had to admit, he was growing weary and exhausted by all this talk of his impending death, too. What he wanted was more information... but how was he going to get his hands on that...? He eyed Seth, wondering if he was planning to stick by his side or if he'd be okay with looking more into the enemy.

"Yeah," he said faintly, agreeing with Yuriel that rest might be for the best for now. But before that...

"Seth... How are your relationships with the mercenaries here?"
37Posts
26Age5'9Height
“Mmmm...”

With a low sound of disapproval, Blanc glued himself to Ero’yen’s side. Even closer than before. He didn’t know why Ero’yen was asking about mercenaries but it sounded an awful lot like he wanted to pawn Yuriel off on them again... In which case, Yuriel wasn’t budging. Not one step.
70Posts
27Age5'9"Height
"That is true," Seth replied with a nod. Although this situation was draining, it was all he could focus on right now. However, Ero's question surprised him. He didn't know anyone here. "Non-existent, I am a stranger here, after all."
50Posts
25Age5'8"Height
"That's too bad... I guess I'll have to do some poking around myself, then."

If Seth didn't know any mercenaries, then it landed on Ero--the only one of the trio to know any mercenaries--to do the heavy lifting. Which was amusing, in a way, since he was the one that was being hunted. Ero grabbed his mask and pulled it back on over his face. Extricating himself from a clingy Yuriel, he said, "Yuriel, you should stay here. Seth... I suppose you can watch him..."

He sighed and started for the door.

"I'll be back in a few hours."
37Posts
26Age5'9Height
“But—“ He ran after Ero’yen with every indication of reluctance, but inwardly Blanc was glad. This played into his plans perfectly. He couldn’t have scripted it better if he tried. “Ero, I want to go with you!” Which he knew Ero’yen wouldn’t agree to, but he had to say it anyway and appear as though he was trying. The mission was delicate; at the moment, Blanc needed to play his cards very carefully.

After a moment he dropped Ero’yen’s hand. “...at least come back quickly, okay Ero? I’ll... go to sleep until you get back.”
70Posts
27Age5'9"Height
"Perhaps, but it also pays to be cautious."

Now that he had found the prince, he was reluctant to let Ero out of his sight. He didn't want this guy to get harmed on his watch. Seth's eyes narrowed at the mention of him babysitting Yuriel. "I wasn't hired to watch him, you're my priority until my client says otherwise," he stated simply. He had a bad feeling about this idea.
50Posts
25Age5'8"Height
"I'll be careful," he said to both of them, since they were both concerned, albeit for different reasons. He supposed if he went and got himself killed, then Seth would be out of a job and Yuriel... Well, Yuriel would be out of a friend but maybe Seth would protect him if something happened to him.

"Don't worry. I'll be back soon. I know exactly who I need to contact and she should be here. So... Just wait here."
37Posts
26Age5'9Height
Blanc nodded and moved to the bed, carefully gathering his robes about him and laying down. Whatever Seth said or did now was irrelevant to his plans. If he stayed, if he left with Ero’yen, it didn’t matter. Blanc knew what he was doing and he was practiced at his own job. It was much easier in this disguise, too.

Who would ever suspect an innocent young priest?

But he didn’t close his eyes until Ero’yen had left the room. And then, to himself, he smiled.
70Posts
27Age5'9"Height
"Very well," he replied, but he remained unconvinced. Thankfully, the priest appeared to fall asleep on the bed. Seth didn't want to babysit this nobody, so he moved over to the window sill and climbed up onto it. When Ero left the room, he crouched like a cat and listened quietly for any commotion.
1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal