Unread Recent

Site News

Welcome to Battle Cry, a unique pokemon shifter fantasy roleplay! We have no word count, no application process, and we utilize character accounts. Read More! You can find all kinds of information there, including a list of face claims, current shift types, and more! Post at our guest help desk if you need any help!Don’t like the default dark theme? Try changing to the light variant!Sorry, but Battle Cry is now CLOSED.
1 [2]

Giving up the ghost

0Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
A quote or lyrics go here!
48Posts
WhateverAgeWhateverHeight
Roi had a pretty good feeling about the big guy and he stood placidly waiting for the first punch. When it came, it mildly dented his face. His head moved maybe a little bit from the force of the blow but... “Is that all?” Roi was perplexed. “Is that your hardest punch? Come on, try again. Don’t hold back, it’s boring.”
The night is calling, I have to go The wolf is hungry, he runs the show He's licking his lips, he's ready to win On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
All right, so he did hold back a little but... This was beyond ridiculous, because even at the level that he'd held back, the bald man should have gone flying. Army had big hands, big arms, big muscles. He could take out tree trunks with a careless swing of the arm. And this spindly, scrawny little man... somehow wasn't even flinching at an actual punch.

"OKAY," he said, conceding that he hadn't done his best. Now he cracked his knuckles and he took another swing. This time he put some real power behind it, too.

But not much happened. It was almost like he'd whiffed the strike altogether, for how little it effected his opponent.
48Posts
Okay now he was winding up and putting some real honest effort into it. Roi braced himself for a harder blow but it wasn’t much better than the first. There was some more force behind it and it did cause him to take one small step back, but...

“You’re weak,” he said matter-of-factly, disappointed in his opponent. Roi sighed and dropped his head momentarily. He’d really hoped that this time, a worthy opponent would step up and show him a real fight but alas. It was not to be.
The night is calling, I have to go The wolf is hungry, he runs the show He's licking his lips, he's ready to win On the hunt tonight for love at first sting
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
"YOU'RE UGLY."

That was his response to being called weak. Because, well. The guy was ugly and Army had been promised a pretty man. Actually, now that he thought about it, no... He hadn't. But he had hoped. The idea of a strong and beautiful man really made his blood run hot but this wasn't what he'd expected. Like the bald man, he was disappointed, too.

That was that to him, so he turned, shaking his head. But he did turn back once, to point at the bald man.

"I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU'RE DOING IT, BUT TO MOST OF THE WORLD, I'M NOT WEAK. MAYBE YOU'RE JUST TOO STRONG."
48Posts
“Hey who’re you calling ugly?!”

That one hit home a little bit—just a little bit. Roi had to clamp his hands down by his sides to stop himself from touching his head, which was noticeably bald. He—once he had hair! Once he was considered quite handsome! But as his strength and power grew, his hair proportionally thinned and now...

Now the weak gay guy was right. He was too strong. “...I’m the strongest man in the world,” Roi said quietly and matter-of-factly. He slid forward at light-speed and overtook the other man, almost before his pointing finger fell. A savage burst of energy plowed another deep furrow into the earth, in the wake of his sudden movement. Right up close, he looked up into the other man’s face—no longer vacuous and bland, but serious.

“Tell them I’m waiting here. Anyone strong enough to challenge me. Anyone who wants to fight.”
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
Whoa.

Army barely had time to blink before the baldy was in front of him.

"YOU'RE JUST GOING TO SIT HERE AND WAIT?"

It didn't make much sense to him. Army enjoyed being strong and he loved a good fight but he could tell there wouldn't be much of a fight between himself and baldy. The gap between their strength was so great--which he didn't understand. It should have been impossible but... he was looking right at it.

"I COULD SHIFT," Army offered. "THINK THAT COULD HELP?"
48Posts
"Oh uh... not the whole time. I'll stand to stretch my legs and maybe walk around to find food," said Roi without a hint of irony or sarcasm, scratching the back of his head as he glanced around the area. Not a bad place to set up camp, to be honest. It was quiet and none of the ferals bothered him.

But he perked up at the idea of a fight with a worthier target. "Try it, maybe you'll beat me in your other form!" Roi stepped back to give him room to change--he assumed whatever form this man took, it would be monstrous, just like him.
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
"YES!"

He wished he had thought of it earlier. Maybe his monstrous, fiery other form would be much more formidable. While he had some of that power in his organic form, it wasn't quite the same as the catlike grace of the giant tiger-esque monster he turned into.

With some dramatics, he let out a gruff sound and then lifted his arms into the air to initiate the shift. BAM!

"GRRR!"

The red fur replaced skin and his mouth stretched into a wide row of carnivorous, sharp teeth. He let out a roar once he was fully shifted and grinned at the bald man. He hoped he was ready because here he came! Army shot off the ground and came at the bald man much faster than his organic form, a fiery punch aimed at his gut.
48Posts
"Eugh..." Roi couldn't help making a noise of disgust as the big man changed into an even bigger monster. He didn't actually know which form was more hideous, truth be told. It was a coin toss, really... But the beast side looked strong--even though the human side already seemed quite powerful.

Still recoiling (metaphorically) from the wide grin full of sharp teeth, he did brace himself and this time the punch knocked him off his feet. He went flying almost comically, hitting a large rock head-first and shattering it into tiny pebbles. A normal man would have been instantly killed.

Roi laid on the ground staring up at the blue sky, with only tiny wispy clouds scuttling by. He sighed and closed his eyes.
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
"HA HA HA!"

He did it! Perhaps what happened before was a fluke. He should have realized! Or maybe baldy was playing around with him. It was kinda cute, even if the actual man wasn't. Grinning, he followed after the flying body and dropped down over top of him.

Oddly, for somebody who had flown such a distance from a hard, fiery punch, baldy didn't seem all that fazed by what just happened. Army blinked down at him curiously. His eyes were closed, so he might be knocked out. But it was the peaceful expression that got to him.

"DID YOU FALL ASLEEP?!"
48Posts
“No, no, I’m not asleep.” Roi waved a somewhat flaccid hand through the air, still with his eyes closed. “I’m just uh. Knocked out from your punch. Yeah, that’s it.”

Which was definitely not the case but he didn’t want to hurt the guy’s feelings. Clearly he’d tried his best, put all he had into the punch, and it was a valiant effort. Sometimes, though, effort wasn’t enough...

“It was such a powerful punch that I need... a nap. To recover.” Hopefully that sounded believable. Roi cracked open an eye to see if his somewhat lacklustre lies had their intended effect.
42Posts
43Age7'2"Height
"HA HA HA!" he laughed again, feeling better about himself. While he was still puzzled about what happened earlier, at least his shifted form could still do some damage. It was strange though. Army always prided himself on being as strong in his human form as his shifted form. Why...?

Shifting back, he looked down at the baldy, not even caring that he was now naked. Army was proud of his body.

"IS THAT IT?" he asked. Now what? He came all this way for an epic fight that ended up being... not epic at all, if he was honest. And baldy wasn't cute, either. Brushing off his shoulder, he shook his head. He patted the bald head a couple of times before he lumbered off.
48Posts
Roi’s gaze roamed downward. Everything from the neck down, he had to admit, was pleasing to look at. Everything from the neck up... not... so much. But the feeling was mutual; Roi was nothing to write home about from either side of the neck, up OR down.

“Yeah, I guess,” he said placidly as the ground rumbled ever so slightly when the other man sat down. Roi closed his eyes again and let a pleasant, cool breeze waft over him. Half of his mouth twitched into a smile when his head was patted by a hand that almost engulfed it. Another man would probably have had his skull caved in.

“Hey remember what I said. If anybody asks you where the strongest man in the world is, tell them I’m here.”

(We can end this here and get back to them when Shana comes looking for his ugly ass useless bro!)
1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal