Redd's Rebels!

Started by Maru at Apr 17, 2021 6:49 PM
6 Posts

148 Posts

Are you TIRED of Tom Nook taking your hard-earned bells to line his fat pockets?

Do you feel that it's time for him to step down, so that a FAIR and JUST and completely HONEST leader can ascend the throne?

Well look no further!

Redd--of Redd's Black Market--is your fox!

With obvious leadership qualities oozing out of his pores and absolutely ZERO ulterior motives, Redd will usher in a new era of prosperity.

Join Redd's Rebels today!

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Cat

17 Posts

Katt is new to the island, looking for adventure, and may as well join Redd's cause. She sees herself as essentially honorable, and as such being an outlaw was never in the plan, but if he or another of his minions met and recruited her with this general pitch she could easily be convinced. I could see the relationship going south eventually, if she realizes that Redd isn't actually any better than Nook, but that'd take a while.  

0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0

148 Posts

For the moment, trash panda Tom Nook has a firm hold over the kingdom so I imagine that Redd would seem like the lesser of two evils (especially once Katt sees how high the taxes are on the island)! Maybe Redd smooth talked her into joining, taking advantage of her newness to the place, and telling her all kinds of stories about that evil King Nook? He's been posting fliers around town with his pitch, so she was bound to see them!

He has people working on fake paintings and lives out of a ship that's docked just outside of the kingdom's boundaries. Perhaps Katt could be something like a bodyguard for him, or even pose as a spy and find out info on Nook's whereabouts and movements? That would put her into contact with lots of other villagers, plus maybe eventually reveal Redd's schemes.

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Cat

17 Posts

That totally makes sense! I like the idea of her doing the spy thing, trying to integrate herself into the village and work her way up to Nook's circle? Maybe by trying to become a knight or something, would that make sense? Or maybe just a forest ranger, since she's more suited to that. But Redd could also call her in as a bodyguard if/when he needs one, because I feel like that could lead to hijinks. 

0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0

148 Posts

I like that knight angle actually, and I have 2 chars that she could potentially get to know. One is Finlay, an established knight who would probably help her if she expressed an interest in joining the Nook Knights. Another is Cyprus, a little songbird who serves Finlay as a retainer. Maybe Katt helps Cyprus out in a pinch and befriends him, and then later he can introduce her to Finlay?

Also Redd is currently surrounded by Nook's knights so... definitely shenanigans abounds soon! 😋 

I can start a thread for us tomorrow for Katt/Cyprus if you like the plot idea. Also will hit up your plotter tomorrow as well. (Bedtime here on the west coast haha!) 

0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

Cat

17 Posts

That all works for me; catch you tomorrow!

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0